LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd January 2013, 12:11 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Indeed.
me, I'm off to fiddle with myself whilst watching The Passion Flower Hotel
Is there a DVD of that? Saw it twice on ITV many many years ago. Could never locate it back in VHS days. I'd love to see that again!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 22nd January 2013, 12:21 PM
Cult Addict

'sigh' Once again it feel's like i have to step down because people are getting to personal. I'm out, I lay my sincere card down. I am sorry.
Old 22nd January 2013, 12:54 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
None abusive? Apart from your butchery of the english language, which is a crime in itself.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 22nd January 2013, 01:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I thought Ken Park was alright for a Larry Clarke film!
Old 22nd January 2013, 01:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Inspired by Nordicdusk's excellent stills here the other day, I decided to watch Tales of Terror again last night. Despite the poor first story, an otherwise excellent Poe adaption from Roger Corman, with fantastic performances as always from the late great Vincent Price and Peter Lorre, the middle story-The Black Cat, being my favourite, with inspiration coming from another Poe tale-The Cask of Amontillado.
And the final tale-The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar being a much better adaption than George A Romero's half of Two Evil Eyes.
If you haven't already then I'd highly recommend checking out the 8 Poe films from Corman, 7 of which star Vincent Price, with The Premature Burial being the only one that doesn't.
sawyer6, Nordicdusk and Dave Boy like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd January 2013, 01:36 PM
Cult Veteran

I enjoyed Ken Park when I watched it
nekromantik likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 22nd January 2013, 01:36 PM
Cult Addict

EDIT. You know, i'm just going to stop bringing up controversial topics in a movie I see. If I don't like it, or how it is handled, I won't say as such. Clearly some people are touchy about it for one reason or another, and frankly IDK why or how. I'm here to post my opinions on a film, and in some cases these movies will deal with theme's that are debatable, like in Ken Park. Wether these are handled well or not should be a source of disccusion. All i said was that I felt the theme's of Incest, rape and dissfunctional families was handled very poorly in this film and left a very nasty taste in my mouth. That is all I said, and for some reason other people started to chime in accusing me of this and that which are quite taken away from how I really feel. So please, all i'm asking is that we drop this sensless argument and just make up. We will always have different opinions on subjects such as the aformentioned, we must learn to all live with that.

And on the topic of my poor grammer. I has Asbergers. I'm not blaming my condition for the issue, just that i'm terribly sorry if it is an inconvenience. I'll will not use a spell check as I consider that as an insult to the fact I have a condition, why should I need something other's do not or at least for other reasons. You may call me petty, but IDK. That's just the way it is so take it or leave it.

Back on topic i'll be watching Oedipus Rex tonight and The Last Stand on friday, so expect a double review then.

Last edited by Hawkmonger; 22nd January 2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 22nd January 2013, 05:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
EDIT. You know, i'm just going to stop bringing up controversial topics in a movie I see. If I don't like it, or how it is handled, I won't say as such. Clearly some people are touchy about it for one reason or another, and frankly IDK why or how. I'm here to post my opinions on a film, and in some cases these movies will deal with theme's that are debatable, like in Ken Park. Wether these are handled well or not should be a source of disccusion. All i said was that I felt the theme's of Incest, rape and dissfunctional families was handled very poorly in this film and left a very nasty taste in my mouth. That is all I said, and for some reason other people started to chime in accusing me of this and that which are quite taken away from how I really feel. So please, all i'm asking is that we drop this sensless argument and just make up. We will always have different opinions on subjects such as the aformentioned, we must learn to all live with that.

And on the topic of my poor grammer. I has Asbergers. I'm not blaming my condition for the issue, just that i'm terribly sorry if it is an inconvenience. I'll will not use a spell check as I consider that as an insult to the fact I have a condition, why should I need something other's do not or at least for other reasons. You may call me petty, but IDK. That's just the way it is so take it or leave it.

Back on topic i'll be watching Oedipus Rex tonight and The Last Stand on friday, so expect a double review then.
Hence the comment on poor grammar, There isnt one person on here who at some point writes with mistakes irrelivent of what it is capital letters spelling etc a lot of peoples English and grammar in writting especialy mine has a lot of mistakes but does it realy matter its only on a friendly forum it isnt a English and writting test,
Old 22nd January 2013, 05:59 PM
Cult Master

[QUOTE=Rik;314931]Inspired by Nordicdusk's excellent stills [URL="http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-chat/5678-post-your-[/QUOTE]

Cheers Rik
Rik likes this.
Old 22nd January 2013, 06:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Toy story 2 & 3. How can anyone not like the toy story movies
Rik and Hawkmonger like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!