Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th February 2013, 11:52 AM
Cult Acolyte

Bloody Flesh
Obscure 80's Spanish horror, with all sorts of weirdness occurring after an explosion forces a town's residents to the country. Ghostly dead bodies, bloodlust and bizarre behaviour ensues, mostly centering around an American girl, in a fiilm that pretty much defies description. Complete with a very eerie soundtrack, I'm not sure about bloody flesh, but it's bloody weird! Worth checking out.
Old 25th February 2013, 12:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Bloody Flesh
Obscure 80's Spanish horror, with all sorts of weirdness occurring after an explosion forces a town's residents to the country. Ghostly dead bodies, bloodlust and bizarre behaviour ensues, mostly centering around an American girl, in a fiilm that pretty much defies description. Complete with a very eerie soundtrack, I'm not sure about bloody flesh, but it's bloody weird! Worth checking out.
Sold! where from by the way please?

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 25th February 2013, 12:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Yeah sounds good

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 25th February 2013, 04:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

been watching this, its not a film. only watched in once years ago and forgotten how much i enjoyed, shame it was canceled after only one season, it had potential to be a great show, in no small part to the wonderful Bruce Campbell and his amazing chin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brisco.jpg (9.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 25th February 2013, 08:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

just finished these two
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0136.jpg (95.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0133.jpg (94.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 25th February 2013, 08:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Last night and this evening I worked my way through my Arrow backlog: Lady Snowblood 2, Black Sunday and Lisa and the Devil all of which are highly recommended.
Demoncrat and trebor8273 like this.
Old 25th February 2013, 09:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
Battleship Potemkin (1925) Great Movie
The Joyless Street (1925) My version is cut down to an hour!
The Big Parade (1925) Enjoyable

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/memb...tml#post322879
Hi Josh - here's a version of this you might find interesting:

Edition Filmmuseum Shop - Die freudlose Gasse Edition Filmmuseum 48
Old 25th February 2013, 09:32 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

So haven't been on here for awhile, here is a few highlights:

The Keep (1983) Went to the 35mm screening in London's Prince Charles Cinema, first time viewing this elusive part of Michael Mann's filmography. From a story perspective, it's easy to tell what remains is a truncated version of a nonetheless cool vision of high gothic fantasy. The atmosphere is intoxicating akin to a mixture of German expressionism and Fulci on a massive budget punctuated by Tangerine Dream's hypnotic synth rock score. Flawed, but to me thoroughly entertaining and fascinating.

Drive (1997) Definetly a hidden gem here, a solid and expertly choreographed martial arts film with lightening fast action from Dacascos and some fun 90's buddy humour. Also Dacascos has a bar karaoke scene before being attacked by motocross assassins. Brilliant.

Mary, Queen of Scots (1971) Yes, it's costume drama from the future director of the musical Lost Horizon. Yes, it's also for you history buffs out there wildly inaccurate. But then again, the chance to watch a film in which 70's era Vanessa Redgrave and Glenda Jackson have a jolly chinwag in boisterous costume would always prove to be enticing for me.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)
Old 25th February 2013, 09:33 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invid Ninja View Post
So haven't been on here for awhile, here is a few highlights:

The Keep (1983) Went to the 35mm screening in London's Prince Charles Cinema, first time viewing this elusive part of Michael Mann's filmography. From a story perspective, it's easy to tell what remains is a truncated version of a nonetheless cool vision of high gothic fantasy. The atmosphere is intoxicating akin to a mixture of German expressionism and Fulci on a massive budget punctuated Tangerine Dream's hypnotic synth rock score. Flawed, but to me thoroughly entertaining and fascinating.

Drive (1997) Definetly a hidden gem here, a solid and expertly choreographed martial arts film with lightening fast action from Dacascos and some fun 90's buddy humour. Also Dacascos has a bar karaoke scene before being attacked by motocross assassins. Brilliant.

Mary, Queen of Scots (1971) Yes, it's costume drama from the future director of the musical Lost Horizon. Yes, it's also for you history buffs out there wildly inaccurate. But then again, the chance to watch a film in which 70's era Vanessa Redgrave and Glenda Jackson have a jolly chinwag in boisterous costume would always prove to be enticing for me.
If you liked DRIVE its worth checking out guyver dark hero from the same director.
Invid Ninja likes this.
Old 25th February 2013, 09:35 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
If you liked DRIVE its worth checking out guyver dark hero from the same director.
Yep, I saw Guyver: Dark Hero many years ago when growing up on the old UK tapes of the OVA series. Also good fun.
keirarts and Hawkmonger like this.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)

Like this? Share it using the links below!