All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th December 2014, 10:46 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Reel Evil (2012)

I had to smile because the whole film was summed up in just two lines of dialogue. One actress on the main movie says "Is everyone in this film a dick?" and a second character suggests "This is shit".

Dreadful.
Sounds awfully similar to Massacre (1989), a terrible Andrea Bianchi film which is partly set behind-the-scenes of a horror movie shoot, although never really making use of the wealth of opportunities this presents, aside from the inevitable horror scene that turns out to be scene in the movie bit. It also features this wonderful summing up line:

My convenient review - Massacre review
Old 9th December 2014, 11:00 PM
Active Cultist

On the topic of bad Italian movies. Does a very obscure straight to video Italian knock off of Top Gun with added UFOs from a former Giallo director appeal to you?

Well it did to me too and the excellent Italian Air Force footage at the start worked well too. Unfortunately that was the best bit about this film which can be summed up thusly. Two pilots in (mysteriously unspecified) air force on a test mission run into weird lights and one of the planes crashes. The surviving pilot is disciplined and spends most of the rest of the film moping around, talking about UFOs with Patsy Kensit then deciding to trek into the mountains to investigate, at this point the movie decides... 'hey f*** you' for enduring all that and s***s out the most horribly insulting ending of all time.

So much entertaining potential and nothing comes of it at all. Stay away from this one (after reading my illustrated Blue Tornado review).

Unfortunately the second part of my Top Gun knock-off collection is not much better. It is silly to expect too much from a Jim Wynorski film and at least there are some pretty impressive jet flying and explosion scenes in this film, plus a helicopter/biplane chase. Pity the script makes no sense - for a top secret undercover operation to bomb and Iraqi missile site, the Air Force decide to get together a rag tag bunch of fired and retired pilots (because flying a modern fighter jet is so easy). Even the most casual viewer would surely be distracted by the ridiculous plot flaws throughout this one.

Desert Thunder review.
Old 9th December 2014, 11:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

The Conformist (1970)

9/10.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 10th December 2014, 09:53 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Best Worst Movie. Doc. (Currently on Netflix UK)
I just watched this documentary based around the making of Troll 2 and a reunion of (most) of the cast aswell as a few screenings to show the cult following the movie has now. I own Troll 2 but never dreamed of watching the film, now i will give the movie a watch.

Got to be honest folks this documentary is easy to watch and entertaining, i didn't go into the film having any feelings towards Troll 2 so if you have a job to do in the house and want a good film to keep you company, this is the one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg best worst movie.jpg (109.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 10th December 2014, 12:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
Best Worst Movie. Doc. (Currently on Netflix UK)
I just watched this documentary based around the making of Troll 2 and a reunion of (most) of the cast aswell as a few screenings to show the cult following the movie has now. I own Troll 2 but never dreamed of watching the film, now i will give the movie a watch.

Got to be honest folks this documentary is easy to watch and entertaining, i didn't go into the film having any feelings towards Troll 2 so if you have a job to do in the house and want a good film to keep you company, this is the one.
Want to see this ever since I watched Troll 2 (US MGM flipper) and the disc froze!! I can honestly say I have seen worse films. Much worse

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 10th December 2014, 12:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched The maze runner last night I enjoyed it but couldn't help thinking really it was the cube trilogy told a different way

They all no idea how they got there after suddenly waking up .
Memory loss
All trying to escape
Escape through a puzzle eg cube \ maze
The puzzle keeps moving and changing
Someone who help design it appears .
When escape find its all a experiment .
At end someone come to collect them all.

Plus other things u could go into so techniclaly is the cube remake really
keirarts, profondo rosso and Vipp like this.
Old 10th December 2014, 12:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Prom Night (1981, Paul Lynch).
The moral of this seems to be that if you want it enough you shall live out your dreams.......
Expect a slew of X Factor based slashers shortly then haha.
The disco sequence which distressed me so as a youngster now seems rather cute, excusing JLC's lack of riddim natch.

Doom (2005, Andrzej Bartkowiak).
Considering how many times the word "game" is mentioned in the script, you would think that they were trying to tell you something. But I'm being churlish, tis only a action film after all cough. Rosamund Pike patents her startled deer expression, Dwayne does his startled actor impression and Bones looks perplexed.
Such a shame that the film contains none of the breathless excitement that playing the game entails. Humbug!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 10th December 2014, 12:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post

Doom (2005, Andrzej Bartkowiak).
Considering how many times the word "game" is mentioned in the script, you would think that they were trying to tell you something. But I'm being churlish, tis only a action film after all cough. Rosamund Pike patents her startled deer expression, Dwayne does his startled actor impression and Bones looks perplexed.
Such a shame that the film contains none of the breathless excitement that playing the game entails. Humbug!!
Doom's an ok sci-fi action film in my opinion. What it isn't is a good representation of Doom the game.

I for one wanted it to be a run about romp where the hero fights all kind of beasts like these.

I'm very old skool though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg doom_e2m9_1.jpg (43.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Map09_oh_noes_two_elementals.jpg (18.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: gif tumblr_m6noa9nvvn1rnrrqio1_400.gif (36.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 10th December 2014, 12:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Doom's an ok sci-fi action film in my opinion. What it isn't is a good representation of Doom the game.

I for one wanted it to be a run about romp where the hero fights all kind of beasts like these.

I'm very old skool though.
Indeed. Apart from the bit near the end where it goes aw FPS...ho hum.

[B]
Old 10th December 2014, 12:49 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
BEYOND THE MAT.Fantastic documentary about American wrestling. It starts out quite light in mood but as soon as Jake "The Snake" Roberts comes on the scene we enter a dark and twist world of death, murder, rape, sexual abuse and addiction. There is a whole other documentary contained in this man. To balance this out, the stuff on Mick Foley is very positive and uplifting. Excellent stuff even for non wrestling fans like myself. Recommended.
There is a WWE produced DVD about Jake 'The Snake' - http://www.amazon.co.uk/WWE-Jake-Sna...+snake+roberts

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!