Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179681Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th March 2013, 07:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I watched Dirty Dozen: The Deadly Mission tonight an enjoyable if largely derivative made for TV sequel to the original. The film misses Lee Marvin, who is replaced by Telly Savalas' Major Right. Its not clear if he is supposed to be the same character (its a different name, but he mentions that he has previously led two previous "dozen" missions. The German blu-ray has an English language soundtrack and is presented in the original 1.33:1 ratio. I have The Fatal mission queued up next
Old 15th March 2013, 09:56 PM
Cult Addict

Double bill of:

Oz: The Great steaming pile of wank....wait. Oh dear god this was bad, just exruciating for 99%* of the time. Avoid, just avoid. 'Shudder'

Thankfully...

Maniac (2013) Faired FAR better. What a truely great take on a classic horror film, one of the greats in fact. Recomended.

*The remaining 1% comprised Bruce Campbell's cameo(s) and the single minuet of Evil Dead homage...really, in a PG movie.
trebor8273 likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 15th March 2013, 11:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Just finished watching Eyes Wide Shut, re-affirms Kubrick's sublime film making, as if it needed a reminder. It's funny that a film that lasts 2hrs 40mins where not a lot actually happens can keep you glued to the screen for its entire duration.
I didn't enjoy it as much 12 years ago when I rented it, but I think I was just too young to appreciate it. It is most definitely a grown up film.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 15th March 2013, 11:31 PM
Cult Rookie

Old 16th March 2013, 01:49 AM
Ex-member

Just watched
Wrong Turn 3
Wrong Turn 4
Wrong Turn 5
I must say I think Wrong Turn 5 has a great performance from Doug Bradley playing a right bastard (again) and I hope if they make a 6 they bring him back.
Old 16th March 2013, 10:42 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Happy Birthday to Me

How has this not been remade? I would have thought it's contrived/Scooby Doo like plot would make it ripe for the modern slasher film.

Jaws 2

The Horror is far from over! Fours years after the great white shark terrorized the small resort of Amity, unsuspecting vacationers begin disappearing in an all too - familiar fashion. Only one mans knows the truth...

Now tell me that doesn't sound like your average slasher film. (Esp with it's focus on isolated teens.) Anyway a couple of scenes still have the power to make you jump!
Old 16th March 2013, 03:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Heavy snow again this morning here in Bremen so another Saturday warming my hands over my blu-ray player. So far I watched Dirty Dozen: The Fatal Mission, the third and final T.V. sequel. I enjoyed it, surprisingly I didn't recall the fact that one of the dozen was a woman this time round, or perhaps I didn't see it before.

I also watched The Corridor which makes good use its sound design to create a real feeling of unease. I saw this at Toronto After Dark in 2011, so you can find more of my thoughts about the film over on my Diary thread.
Old 16th March 2013, 04:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicbomb View Post
Just watched
Wrong Turn 3
Wrong Turn 4
Wrong Turn 5
I must say I think Wrong Turn 5 has a great performance from Doug Bradley playing a right bastard (again) and I hope if they make a 6 they bring him back.
five!!!' I thought there where only 2 movies
Old 16th March 2013, 04:37 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
five!!!' I thought there where only 2 movies
Platostotal has been doing stills from the whole series on The Film Stills Thread.

Broaden your thread viewing Trebor.
Old 16th March 2013, 04:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Platostotal has been doing stills from the whole series on The Film Stills Thread.

Broaden your thread viewing Trebor.
So what are the sequels like thought the first two where ok

Like this? Share it using the links below!