Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th June 2013, 07:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

MAN OF STEEL

Disappointed. Maybe I need to see it again because I really wanted to like this film but came away feeling nothing at all.
Hawkmonger and troggi like this.
Old 17th June 2013, 08:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

This evening I watched the blu-ray of perhaps my favourite Carpenter film Assault on Precinct 13. Sublime.
Demoncrat and troggi like this.
Old 17th June 2013, 09:13 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
How come Saul Bass didn't do a cool poster for it You'd think he'd want to pull out the stops for his own film . . . !
I started to worry when it said it was written by ....Mayo Simon.
Slippery Jack and troggi like this.
Old 17th June 2013, 09:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

Oh yeah ! I wonder if that's ever been mentioned on his show with Kermode . . .
Demdike@Cult Labs and troggi like this.
Old 17th June 2013, 10:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Man of Steel (2013) I liked both Costner and Crowe and the score but was left a little uninvolved with the action!
Hawkmonger and troggi like this.
Old 17th June 2013, 10:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I watched Brides of Dracula a couple of nights ago. Enjoyed it a lot more than Hammers original 1958 tbh. Anyone know if the new DVD/Blu-Ray of it is worth getting.
Old 18th June 2013, 12:55 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buboven View Post
I watched Brides of Dracula a couple of nights ago. Enjoyed it a lot more than Hammers original 1958 tbh. Anyone know if the new DVD/Blu-Ray of it is worth getting.
I also enjoy 'Brides' more than Hammer's original incarnation of Dracula, and rate it as my favourite Hammer Dracula film.

The BD/DVD combo from Final Cut isn't due to be released until the end of August.
bdc likes this.
Old 18th June 2013, 10:00 AM
Cult Addict

Managed to get out to Man of Steel last night. And I have to say I loved almost every minute of it. Some of the action sequences towards the end were maybe a little hard to follow but then we're dealing with flying indestructable beings smashing the holy japoompa out of one another. The overall structure of the film was brilliant and I think it's the best thing Snyder has done. The opening sequences on Crypton are visually very impressive and give some real meat to the story later on down the line.

Sunday night I managed to convince the missus to watch one of my films for a change. Something which always makes her a little apprehensive. Don't know why because as I've told her many times she tends to assume almost anything I watch must be boring horror rubbish and that's not the case. So we watched DePalmas Obsession, recorded off the horror channel a few weeks back. Well erm...it's certainly what I'd call melodramatic, what with Hermans booming music blasting away even in the most ordinary of scenes. Not a bad film, with an interesting if not brilliantly done story. Wasn't impressed with Cliff Robertson or Genevieve Buljold(?) lead performances personally. But John Lithgow I thought pulled off his role very well. Much to admire and I'll no doubt pick up Arrows blu shortly.
Invid Ninja and troggi like this.
Old 18th June 2013, 07:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Phase IV (1974)

Wow, this film left me cold. I found it so boring.
Bloody hell you're not wrong Gave it a spin, and I was fast asleep by the half hour mark, and woke up over an hour later with the static menu screen lighting my room Don't know if I can be arsed to try again with it tonight . . .
Demdike@Cult Labs and troggi like this.
Old 18th June 2013, 08:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Bloody hell you're not wrong Gave it a spin, and I was fast asleep by the half hour mark, and woke up over an hour later with the static menu screen lighting my room Don't know if I can be arsed to try again with it tonight . . .
I don't know, what's wrong with society today? If a film doesn't have blood and guts pouring out of the screen in "holographic slo-mo" you think it's a bottle of Tamazepam! Sheesh!
bdc, gag, Slippery Jack and 1 others like this.

Monster Magnet

Like this? Share it using the links below!