Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Dracula's Daughter (1936)
Snap. I watched this last night.
Dave Boy likes this.
Old 16th July 2013, 11:36 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Snowtown DVD artwork.jpg

I am bombarded with different feelings after watching this film. Dirty and Downbeat would be the main words that spring to mind right now. I felt uncomfortable as soon as things started to roll only a few minutes in. Feelings of dread at every turn waiting for things to turn nasty. Some really strong performances on show here Daniel Henshall that plays John Bunting was fantastic really convincing and has a permanent smile throughout the film that makes him even more intense. His smile cant hide whats going on behind his eyes. I would recommend this to everyone just make sure your not feeling down before watching this will only make you feel worse.

I cant think of one Australian film i have ever watched that does not get under my skin and make me feel dirty and violated and this is one more to add to that list.
Old 17th July 2013, 12:15 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

recent watches....

EL GRINGO: Part of the after dark action brand, this was a pretty freakin' awesome action flick, brilliant stunt work, choreographed gun play, properly used squibs and pyrotechnics and a pretty good script. Very much like Desperado but hugely fun all the same.

TOWER BLOCK: Very well made british thriller about a sniper taking out residents of a soon to be demolished tenement building. Very tense and bloody, great performances all round especially from Jack O'Connell and Sheriden Smith, reminded me a bit of Assault on Precinct 13.

THE AMITYVILLE HORROR (1979): Well made and atmospheric haunted house flick but at nearly two hours it drags on and the scene with father Delaney and the flies made me giggle thanks to James Woods in Scary Movie, James Brolin was good and quite creepy and good old loon Margot kidder was good to watch too. Won't be rushing to re-watch this just yet though.

THE PROFESSIONALS: Damn fine western, Lee Marvin, Robert Ryan, Burt Lancaster and Woody Strode are like the western Expendables, hired by a rich fella to rescue his wife from a mexican revolutionary played by Jack Palance. Great cinematography from Conrad Hall and a wonderful score by Maurice Jarre. Highly recommend this film, the blu ray aint too shabby either.

THE HEAVYWEIGHTS: 90s live action Disney comedy about a group of chubsters who are sent to fat camp expecting a summer of fast weight loss and fun and games but find out it's been bought by fitness loon Ben Stiller. If you don't like Ben Stiller i'd give this a miss otherwise it's a pretty funny flick with an early script from Judd Apatow and about 90% of the cast of Mighty Ducks.

PACIFIC RIM: Del Torro's ode to japanese monster movies is....MOTHE****ING AWESOME SAUCE. Giant robots fighting giant monsters with characters you care about and story that doesn't preach a message but is simply about robots beating the shit out of monsters. Definitely one of the best films i've seen this year and the VFX are amazing.

THIS IS THE END: Seth Rogan and co get caught up in the rapture. Lots of jokes about sex, drugs and shitty movies. Funny at times but on a whole a bit of a let down..
Old 17th July 2013, 08:21 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
TOWER BLOCK: Very well made british thriller about a sniper taking out residents of a soon to be demolished tenement building. Very tense and bloody, great performances all round especially from Jack O'Connell and Sheriden Smith, reminded me a bit of Assault on Precinct 13
...or a British Larry Cohen film . I really enjoyed it too . . .
troggi likes this.
Old 17th July 2013, 09:22 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Bait-not bad, but it's no Jaws.
A/V quality on the Bluray was fantastic.
After that I watched a great doc on Lance Armstrong.
Cycling's Greatest Fraud, excellent stuff
troggi likes this.
Old 17th July 2013, 10:04 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched Warrior King last night, story was bad but who cares all you want to see is Tony Jaa kicking (or kneeing) people in the face. Bonus points for the elephant going through the window.
Slippery Jack and troggi like this.
Old 17th July 2013, 10:37 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Massacre At Central High.
the PQ....well....let's move on cough. Andrew Stevens (where have I seen him before?? ) has moved on at his new school, but his surly friend isn't enamoured with his new pals. Reasonably so, as they are totally 25/28 and shouldn't be in school at all!!
And are c*nts, plain and simple.
So it's a Carrie ripoff really.
Not a film Il rave about, but am happy it's in the collection...since twas the 23rd Century dvd, I may look into a "decent" print...any recommendations??

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th July 2013, 12:37 PM
Cult Rookie

troggi likes this.
Old 17th July 2013, 01:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCM View Post
Watched Warrior King last night, story was bad but who cares all you want to see is Tony Jaa kicking (or kneeing) people in the face. Bonus points for the elephant going through the window.
Abso-bloody-lutely! Love that film . . .
Demdike@Cult Labs, troggi and SCM like this.
Old 17th July 2013, 02:00 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Abso-bloody-lutely! Love that film . . .
Me too.
Slippery Jack and SCM like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!