Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th August 2013, 07:45 PM
Cult Addict

I don't want to pick fault with your score system Troggi but to newcomers 8/10 would appear as if you really liked this movie a lot.
8 for me is really very good. 9 almost perfect, 10 perfect (almost unheard of.)
Personally i like your rating system, your'e a renegade agent of chaos.
troggi likes this.
Old 26th August 2013, 07:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
SLC PUNK. Maybe it's my mood today or just the feeling in the air but this light hearted story of punks in 80s America resonated so hard with me that I physical felt the film at times. To me, this was like travelling back in time to meet my younger self and my mystical path to discovering the punk rocker within, who is an attitude not a hair cut.
Fascinating stuff... Funnily enough I was only thinking of American punks yesterday when I came across something about Penelope Spheeris' Surburbia, a film I haven't seen since the video days...
Old 26th August 2013, 08:00 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Fascinating stuff... Funnily enough I was only thinking of American punks yesterday when I came across something about Penelope Spheeris' Surburbia, a film I haven't seen since the video days...
I rewatched SURBURBIA a few years ago, it is much more of an exploitation film than I remembered. I'd like to see a British punk film full of glue sniffing, smack, speed and violence, set in the 80s when it became a movement of the people. Sadly, it will never happen as the media can't see past art school punk rock as the BBC's recent reshowing off PUNK BRITAINIA proved. It is a sad day when the only person in a documentary you agree with is Gary Bushell.
Old 26th August 2013, 08:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Sadly, it will never happen as the media can't see past art school punk rock as the BBC's recent reshowing off PUNK BRITAINIA proved. It is a sad day when the only person in a documentary you agree with is Gary Bushell.
Yep, I hear you, and Bushell's comments were perceptive. I loved that footage of an emotionally exhausted Jimmy Pursey caught in the maelstrom of punks and NF'ers... I gotta say though my allegiance was always with Wire rather than The Clash, but I'd love too see that film too...
Old 26th August 2013, 08:17 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis View Post
evil dead,the remake!
very dissapointing in my opinion.
was expecting a lot more,maybe as my folks said how good it was?
still,glad ive seen it,just waiting for no.4,if it happends?
Apparently no.4 is actually going to be Army of Darkness 2, followed by another sequel tying the Raimi/Campbell films in with the remakes.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 26th August 2013, 08:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Army of Darkness... the only film where I witnessed the audience up and leave in their droves, leaving only me and my slightly disgruntled buddy behind...
Old 26th August 2013, 08:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

If you watch the remake you notice little things from the originals like ashs car etc. but why is he's car even there didn't it get sucked into the vortex at the end of two and he converted it into a deadite killing machine.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 26th August 2013, 08:23 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Yep, I hear you, and Bushell's comments were perceptive. I loved that footage of an emotionally exhausted Jimmy Pursey caught in the maelstrom of punks and NF'ers... I gotta say though my allegiance was always with Wire rather than The Clash, but I'd love too see that film too...
The footage of Pursey is fantastic. I've never got into the arty side of British punk. By the time I got into arty type stuff I got lost in American pre-grunge noise and never looked back to some of the British stuff that was an influence on it.
Old 26th August 2013, 08:25 PM
Cult Addict

Surely that would mean it would be set in either ruined London of the future or modern day.
Unless Ash isn't in it, (i always preferred the bleaker ending myself). I don't really mind as long as they pull their fingers out and get on with it.
Old 26th August 2013, 08:27 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Army of Darkness... the only film where I witnessed the audience up and leave in their droves, leaving only me and my slightly disgruntled buddy behind...
I wish I had had the sense to walk out and on EDII as well. I know that there is a lot of love for these two films here but they are bloody awful. Most people I've seen leave a film showing was MEET THE FEEBLES on it's original release.
Wes likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!