All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179628Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st August 2013, 05:26 AM
Cultist

Terror on Tape
Humongous
Dungeonmaster

The Conjuring: It had some good moments, but I'm still notta guy who's scared of ghost

World's End: Oh man!!! I love this movie!!! Nick Frost giving someone the Torture Rack (a wrestling move) is more than an excuse to go and see this!
keirarts and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 31st August 2013, 05:28 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Just watched Blow Out. This film never ceases to blow me away. A superlative thriller executed perfectly by DePalma. Just incredible.
And John Travolta is fantastic in this movie. De Palma's best film along with Phantom of the Paradise. As the 80's wore on he became an increasingly hit and miss film maker which often makes me forget how great his early films were...
PaulD likes this.
Old 31st August 2013, 08:27 AM
Cult Addict

Like you Wes i also really like his early films, both of those are great and i also really like 'Sisters', Carrie and 'The Fury'.
Old 31st August 2013, 08:38 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Fall of the House of Usher (1960) Going to get me some red candles and burying my sisters alive!....No Really! Cant stand them!
Old 31st August 2013, 09:03 AM
Cult Acolyte

Son Of Frankenstein (1939)
Another classic Universal and Karloff's last appearance as the monster. The lightning storm and petrified landscape at the start of the film creates a awesome atmosphere. Bela Lugosi shines as Ygor.

The Time Machine (1960)
The original and the best version of HG Wells novel. The scenes in which Rod Taylor watches the fashions in a dressmaker's window change as he flies forward in time are just great.Yvette Mimieux looks stunning in her girl of the future role and is later seen in 1979's The Black Hole.
Awesome film.
Old 31st August 2013, 10:12 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched Lethal Weapon last night, performances were top notch, the action was brilliant and Mel Gibson stole the show
troggi likes this.
Old 31st August 2013, 10:50 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I forgot to put Haunter in my Frightfest scores. I was a bit disappointed with this one. Coming from the director of Cube I thought it would be better. Anyone else see it at Frightfest?
troggi likes this.
Old 31st August 2013, 11:05 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched The Gingerdead Man last night. I like this movie.
Decent enough effects, characters you can care about, bar one IMO.
And the short running time helps you stick with it until the end. Got the
odd laugh or two, whether intentional or otherwise
keirarts and troggi like this.
Old 31st August 2013, 02:03 PM
Cult Addict

DAVID ICKE AT THE OXFORD UNION DEBATING HALL. Crazy man Icke drops all the Royal Family as space lizards shit and delivers a fairly reasoned 2 hour plus talk about media control and overarching political agendas. He's a seasoned speaker who doesn't refer to notes for the the whole talk. Strangely he ends his talk by quoting Bill Hicks. I must confess I miss the lizards, though Icke briefly mentions before the speech of meeting Ted Heath who's eyes turned black during their interaction!
Wes, Frankie Teardrop and troggi like this.
Old 31st August 2013, 02:36 PM
Cult Addict

"Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains" A scatter gun attack on the music industry, the ethics of punk rock and selling out for fame. This starts out real well with sultry badass Diane Lane channelling her anger at her mother's death into sub the Shaggs performance based punk rock before it becomes just another story of the rocky road to stardom. Yes, it swipes a playful paw at various rock film standards but the main point of interest is seeing Sex Pistols, Steve Jones and Paul Cook joined by the Clash's Paul Simonon as Ray Winstone's backing band. Dated but fun. Various Tubes are in it too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (6.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg images.jpg (6.6 KB, 3 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!