Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179666Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th March 2014, 08:34 AM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Had a very lazy day yesterday watching Netflix...

DEAD MAN DOWN. Colin Farrell's eye brows battle it out with Noomi Rapace's cheek bones to distract the view from what could have been a really exciting action/revenge flick but fail. The direction is very disjointed, switching from gritty realism to sub Michael Mann cool which buggers up the pacing and feel of the film. The wildly over the top ending feels like it has been grafted on from another film, one that would normally feature a big guy with a ponytail and wig...

UNINHABITED. A couple go for an idyllic holiday on a desert island only to discover a blow job giving ghost who likes to chop men's knobs off. It is neither here nor there really, stuff happens and you don't really give a shit. The main actress has a great nose.

NEVER BACK DOWN. Basically a homoerotic remake of "The Karate Kid" for boys who have just discovered masturbation. Amber Heard shows off a lot of cleavage in an attempt to make the film more "straight".

FIGHTING. Rather good spin on "Midnight Cowboy" but with fighting instead of f#cking and a happy ending.
Old 30th March 2014, 10:52 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post

UNINHABITED. A couple go for an idyllic holiday on a desert island only to discover a blow job giving ghost who likes to chop men's knobs off. It is neither here nor there really, stuff happens and you don't really give a shit. The main actress has a great nose.
Blowjob giving ghost?!? Does said spirit have any other malovent purpose?
Old 30th March 2014, 11:22 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default double your money

Keeping with DaveBoys watching films in there original theatrical double bill I thought id try the little known doiuble bill release of Villain and the Black Hole.Controversial at the time not due to the different ratings of the films but mainly because Burton would turn up at The Lecister Square Odeon pissed up demading protection money from the parents and kiddies who come to see Disney take on 2001.The double bill was pulled due to bad attendance and the number of gang land killings that were being carried out by 12yr old's,the whole incident was swept under the carpet and Burton would soon retire to run a alpaca farm in midwest wales.

Old 30th March 2014, 12:03 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Cool double bill Ron. The Black Hole is far more disturbing than Villain and would keep you awake at night.
Rondadoronron likes this.
Old 30th March 2014, 12:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just watched The Raid for the umpteenth time in preparation for Tuesdays free screening in London of the follow up The Raid 2 Berendal.
So looking forward to the sequel as been getting rave reviews and also star Iko Uwais and Gareth Evans will be in attendance for a Q&A.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 30th March 2014, 07:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondadoronron View Post
Keeping with DaveBoys watching films in there original theatrical double bill I thought id try the little known doiuble bill release of Villain and the Black Hole.
Nice one mate. The Black Hole is awesome!
Old 30th March 2014, 08:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Watched NIGHT ON THE GALACTIC RAILROAD earlier, a fabulously trippy 1985 fantasy anime by Kenji Miyazawa. It was a one off screening at the Electric Cinema in Birmingham (which claims to be the oldest working cinema in the UK, built in 1909 in art deco style - its a cool place). They managed to borrow a 35mm print from a recent Belgian film festival.

The story itself I won't go into but its a bizarre but brilliant film, deep and philosophical, focussed on space, death, our place in the universe etc, but never as heavy as say Ghibli's GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES. I can't work out whether it is meant for kids or adults!? Probably both. The artwork/cinematography is magnificent, I LOVE old skool hand-drawn anime.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti

Last edited by oaxaca; 30th March 2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old 30th March 2014, 09:02 PM
Cult Addict

BRAWLER. Finishing off my weekend of MMA homoerotica, this one has a disgraced wrestler having a couple of classes of Muay Thai before destroying all before him. Luckily there is loads of fighting to distract from the worn plot involving gangsters, betting and crocked cops.
Old 30th March 2014, 09:09 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
BRAWLER. Finishing off my weekend of MMA homoerotica, this one has a disgraced wrestler having a couple of classes of Muay Thai before destroying all before him. Luckily there is loads of fighting to distract from the worn plot involving gangsters, betting and crocked cops.
I just like the idea of crocked cops.

Had they not recovered from your other MMA outings?
Old 30th March 2014, 09:17 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I just like the idea of crocked cops.

Had they not recovered from your other MMA outings?
I think my spelling mistake actually sums them up better than crooked ever could.

Like this? Share it using the links below!