Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th May 2014, 05:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
They really could of done so much more with tommy Jarvis, especially if they stuck with Corey Feldman.
Part V was the worst I thought
dis, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 17th May 2014, 05:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
Part V was the worst I thought
Agree
Old 17th May 2014, 06:02 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Think I'll be continuing my David lynch boxset by watching wild at Hart later
Is that the one starring Tony Hart?

Morph excels in the Nic Cage role.
Old 17th May 2014, 08:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Wild at heart

Another fantastic movie by David lynch. Shows that cage is a very good actor, shame he's chosen a lot a old shite nowadays. Basically a road movie with cage (sailor)and dern (lula)characters are on the run from dern's psychotic mother, meeting strange and bizarre characters on there journey. References to Elvis and the wizard of oz abound. William Dafoe was fantastic. As usual a great sound track and the film has a very upbeat ending for a change. 10/10

Last edited by trebor8273; 17th May 2014 at 08:56 PM.
Old 17th May 2014, 09:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

The Dallas Buyers Club played my local Programmkino (effectively an art house cinema) this evening as part of their "second chance" strand. This time it was in Originalfassung so I went along to see it. A great script that is subtly handled with uniformly great performances from the main cast members. As a teenager of the 80's I grew up through the initial hysteria of HIV and AIDS, although fortunately none of my friends and family have so far been directly affected. Thankfully the direst predictions of that time failed to come true and I guess part of the reason why is contained in the story of this film. Powerful, moving but handled in a way that didn't leave me feeling emotionally manipulated. Recommended as a must see when this hits home video later in the year.
Old 17th May 2014, 10:19 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Doctor of Doom (1963)

More Mexican wrestling madness from Rene Cardona. Doctor of Doom is practically a trial run for Night of the Bloody Apes except rather than heart transplants with apes the nutty doctor uses a lady wrestler as his subject for a brain transplant, making her more powerful and an even more frightening opponent for our wrestling troupe than the earlier Aztec Mummy.

As with Wrestling Women vs The Aztec Mummy, the film is daft and a brush with far too many wrestling bouts for it's own good. It is however a lot of fun and despite giving the game away with the movie poster, the film does feature an ape man who kidnaps girls for the mad doctors nefarious deeds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Doctor-of-Doom-Poster.jpg (101.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 17th May 2014, 10:36 PM
Cult Addict

Chopping mall.

The upscale shopping mall where Arnie did his Tarzan impersonation in Commando has new security. Johnny 5's cheaper cousin! It's a state of the art kill bot that's fool-proof and guaranteed that NOTHING WILL EVER GO WRONG!

Before you can say MICHAEL CRICHTON a bolt of lightning causes the kill bot to go haywire ironically just before a group of teens decide to part overnight in the mall. The plot then becomes a fairly straightforward matter of how many people can survive the ensuing rampage.

In many respects chopping mall is a really stupid movie, very low budget and fairly cheesy. It is however a whole load of fun. Mainly thanks to director Jim Wynorski's efforts. He's a director who can make a lot out of very little and here he's crafted an incredibly fun little B-movie thats incredibly entertaining. We also get nice turns from Barbara Crampton (drool) and the ever great Dick miller.

Given NAILGUN MASSACRE has just been put out on Blu-ray I live in hope someone somewhere will stick out a better quality release of this movie.
Old 17th May 2014, 10:47 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Chopping mall.

I live in hope someone somewhere will stick out a better quality release of this movie.
I've never seen this due to the many reports of it's poor quality.
Old 18th May 2014, 12:29 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I've never seen this due to the many reports of it's poor quality.
Oh, its a VERY ropey film. I just think its also tons of fun...

NAILGUN MASSACRE.

OH BOY!

This micro budget slasher is so greasy you can almost smell the cheeseburgers while watching. It pretty much opens up with a gang rape and not long after Motorbike helmet wearing madman decked out in camouflage gear and a gas powered nailgun is out and about murdering the rejects from Deliverance casting.

I've never been a real fan of this but went whole hog on Code reds Blu-ray offer taking the $99 bundle, and i'm glad I did because I enjoyed the film a bit more on this occasion than I ever did before.

Pretty much everything in the films is DIY from the non-actors giving terrible performances to the dodgy effects work and the bizarre digital voice of the killer. The film has a real drive-in quality to it and with its emphasis on Tits and violence for pretty much its entire running time its difficult to really hate the film.

Like Chopping mall, its not a good film by any means, it is however a fun one for someone who is in the right mood. The code red Blu is region free BTW and is actually really good quality while managing to preserve the films trashy charms.
Old 18th May 2014, 03:08 AM
Seasoned Cultist

'The Purge' - if you're ok with the premise, then this is pretty good. Nothing really original - except the premise - but I quite enjoyed it. I haven't seen a whole lot of 'home invasion' films, but I reckon this probably borrows from a few of them. PQ and AQ are excellent, on the Aus BD.

Like this? Share it using the links below!