Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th August 2014, 12:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

How many of the folks here have seen this film? i was watching some dodgy old vhs and came across a trailer for it. It's called 'For your height only' - it has over 10,000 views on the youtube so I'm going to guess it's not unheard of. I watched it this afternoon and it's really quite funny.

- For your height only (starring Wang Wang)

For Your Height Only 1981 comedy Philippines Movie - YouTube

* if your working on something and need background noise to make you laugh, check it out.
keirarts likes this.
Old 15th August 2014, 01:14 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I think the 18 certificate (as with a lot of Shameless' releases) is more for the supplementary content (the trailer reel etc.)
And you are perfectly correct searched out the film on the BBFC THE 10TH VICTIM - LA DECIMA VITTIMA | British Board of Film Classification and the film was rated a 12.
Old 15th August 2014, 03:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
How many of the folks here have seen this film? i was watching some dodgy old vhs and came across a trailer for it. It's called 'For your height only' - it has over 10,000 views on the youtube so I'm going to guess it's not unheard of. I watched it this afternoon and it's really quite funny.

- For your height only (starring Wang Wang)

For Your Height Only 1981 comedy Philippines Movie - YouTube

* if your working on something and need background noise to make you laugh, check it out.
Available from Mondo Macabro I believe??

AAnyway, rewatched Spawn with the comm. Quite a good one. May fork out for this now cough....and I definitely need to see this HBO version now!!
Vipp likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th August 2014, 04:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dracula (1958)

The first and still the best of the hammer draculas. Looks great on blu ray. Never understood why Harker didn't stake Dracula first, but if he did it would of been a very short movie. 10/10

Frankenstein (1931)

Another classic, but for me the sequel is the superior film. 9.5/10

Deadly eyes aka the rats

Loosely Based on the James Herbert novel, the story now takes places in a America and apart from a few scenes it has very little to do with the book. But still a good little movie which looks great on blu ray, shame it's region locked, with any luck arrow or someone will bring it to UK/Europe. 7.5/10
Old 15th August 2014, 07:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Available from Mondo Macabro I believe??

AAnyway, rewatched Spawn with the comm. Quite a good one. May fork out for this now cough....and I definitely need to see this HBO version now!!
And theres a really nice docu called The Search for Weng Weng on the festival circuit which focuses on the diminutive star.
g053584398, Demoncrat and Vipp like this.
Old 15th August 2014, 08:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Curse of Frankenstein

The first of hammers Frankenstein movies and the first hammer pairing of Cushing and Lee( first movie together was hamlet in 1948. A classic but not my favourite of the Frankensteins. Looks great on blu ray and could never understand all the negativity 9.5/10

Food of the gods

Story of a substance that looks a lot like the stuff( or the stuff looks like it as this was made first) which has no effect on adults, but if eating by the young they increase to gigantic size. A farmer and his wife feed the stuff to their chickens, but it not soon before other animals partake of it, we have giant wasps but the main villain are rats which grow as large as horses and cars. Instead of of dogs in fur coats we have mice and rats of normal size made to look bigger by being placed next to toy cars etc and you can tell, but this adds to the "charm" of the movie. Only downside it did seem that a lot of the animals are killed for real. 7/10

Next up prom night 2 hello Mary Lou which have not seen for years but always remember I liked it more than the first
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (30.0 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by trebor8273; 15th August 2014 at 08:42 PM.
Old 15th August 2014, 10:28 PM
Cult Addict

SHORTS. Robert Rodriguez makes much more interesting films for kids than his overhyped adult fare in my book. SHORTS follows the week in the life of the school dork as he finds a magic wishing stone that causes all manner of mayhem as children and adults abuse it's power. So, if you want to see James Spader as a giant robot battling crocodiles, huge wasps, ufos and a telepathic baby all in one scene this is the film for you! Highly recommended by the little MTDSs.

JACK AND JILL. Worth a look if you want to see Al Pacino dance and rap. The little MTDSs liked the more slapstick moments but overall were cool on the whole film.
Old 15th August 2014, 10:45 PM
Cult Addict

Forgot we also watched LILO AND STITCH which was great with a mildly nasty edge to the first two thirds of the film which took me by surprise. Along with SHORTS, it will be one revisited by the MTDS family...

...and THE LEGO MOVIE...THE MATRIX for the preteen market.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 16th August 2014, 01:35 AM
Cult Master

American ninja 3,4,5
Old 16th August 2014, 09:03 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

ALMOST HUMAN - Pretty good alien abduction movie which nods to the eighties horror heyday, like so many others recently. As some have noted, there are (probably self-conscious) shades of 'Invasion Of The Body Snatchers', 'Xtro' and 'The Thing' in this tale of a man who returns from the beyond a couple of years after he disappeared in a flash of blue light. The difference is, now he's an alien serial killer out to cause mayhem in the sleepy New England town he left behind. 'Almost Human' plays it straight and mostly succeeds in building that murky, early eighties video horror atmosphere beloved of many. It's fairly splattery when it gets going, and there are a few sequences - fragmented recollections of alien abuse and some surprising tentacular action near the end - which hint at a perverse trajectory which alas the film didn't follow. Enjoyable though, and worth a shot.

Like this? Share it using the links below!