All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179668Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th August 2014, 02:58 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Some Guy Who Kills People (2011)

A heartwarming and poignant tale about Ken, a 34 year old small town loner, fresh out of the looney bin where he spent years recovering from an horrific torture ordeal at the hands of so called team mates in his high school basketball team. Now working at an ice cream parlour, he just wants to be left alone. However things can never be so simple especially when a daughter he never knew about turns up as well as the lovely Stephanie, relationships are built, unfortunately it's not long before the basketball team start turning up again in Ken's life.... dead!

Not so much a horror film as a study of how to rebuild your shattered life and gain confidence in people, Some Guy who kills People is genuinely touching with dollops of gore thrown in to a script littered with subtle yet extremely amusing humour and tenderness. The acting is excellent all round. Kevin Corrigan, as Ken is a great lead, the wonderful Lucy Davis as Stephanie plays the girl we'd all love to date, Ariel Dade as daughter Amy is a revelation, funny and outspoken but oh so sweet, and it's all backed up with great turns from Karen Black as Ken's mum and Barry Bostwick as one of the most down to earth sheriff's i've ever come across.

A film showcasing several layers, Some Guy Who Kills People is rewarding viewing. Highly recommended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ATTT4V6R1.jpg (109.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 18th August 2014, 06:38 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Blood of Ghastly Horror (1972)

A title that makes little sense aptly compliments a film that also makes little sense, as Al Adamson attempts to meld a cheesy mad scientist monster movie with a crime caper, in what must be at least the fifth incarnation of his film.

Despite only recently watching the film, I am finding it very hard to describe the experience having spent most of the running time either blankly fixated on the screen with a lobotomised gleam in my eye, or staring out of the window or at various random objects in the room, patiently waiting out the film's running time.

Originally posted here: Nightmare USA Films Discussion Thread
Old 18th August 2014, 07:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

the return of michael myers

First time viewing and to be honest was not expecting much, but to my surprise it wasn't half bad not in the same league as the first two films, but fun with a intense and slightly unhinged performance from Donald Pleasence, also enjoyed the shock ending. Wonder if they next two movies are as good 7.5/10

Child's play 2

For me a better film than the first, thanks to more screen time for Chucky and the lack of the mother from the first. Really liked the terminator style last act set in the factory. 9/10

Next up the terror within and if time child's play 3 and Halloween V
keirarts likes this.
Old 18th August 2014, 07:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
the return of michael myers

First time viewing and to be honest was not expecting much, but to my surprise it wasn't half bad not in the same league as the first two films, but fun with a intense and slightly unhinged performance from Donald Pleasence, also enjoyed the shock ending. Wonder if they next two movies are as good 7.5/10
His mask is embarrassingly bad in that film, it looks like they bought it from a pound shop.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 18th August 2014, 09:18 PM
Cult Master

ozombie cover.jpg

Bin Laden is killed in operation Geronimo he comes back as a Zombie the Taliban are all Zombies a group of idiots are in the desert fighting the Zombie Taliban. Some guys sister is in the desert too looking for him after his friends die on 9/11 because he does not believe Bin Laden is dead thats it nothing else.

Im all for a laugh and a bad horror but this is SHIT. Its not even the film its the characters i hated everyone of them stupid meat headed wanna-be macho fools. I wanted everyone of them to die in the worst way possible. Every time they pulled a trigger they would spout some stupid one liner that didnt mean anything. The worst €4 my mate ever spent
Old 18th August 2014, 09:38 PM
Cult Master

van-damme-six-bullets.jpg

Samson Gaul ( Van Damme ) is an Ex Mercenery who now help families track down missing kids kidnapped for use in the sex trafficing trade. When a job goes wrong Gaul is haunted by visions of the kids that died and is on a downward spiral of alcohol abuse when the daughter of an American MMA fighter is taken from their hotel and they seek his help finding her.

Van Damme turns in a strong performance once again showing that he is much more than just an action star he is also a very capable dramatic actor. As i said in my review for Enemies Closer Van Damme is on the rise and i could not be more happy for it. Bigger roles can only be around the corner for him if he keeps going down this path. I look forward to the day im going to the cinema to see him in his own film.
Old 19th August 2014, 03:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Linda (JF, 1981) Wacky, sleazy and would have had Ferman sharpening his scissors haha.....

Crank: High Voltage. 5 didn't chop it up too badly this time I felt....

Mark Of Zorro (1940, Rpobert Mammoulain?). film 4 showing, swash that buckle!!

Don't Go Near The Park. Sick but not slick, this bears repeated viewing imho

Dont Go In The House (Joseph Ellison, 1980). With comm.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 19th August 2014, 09:08 PM
Cult Addict

Just watched 88films The Toxic Avenger blu. First time and I enjoyed it.
Mate turned up about 20mins in and spend the next hour looking thoroughly confuddled. He doesn't do odd films.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 19th August 2014, 10:36 PM
Cult Addict

Perversion story.

Early(ish) fulci giallo with Fulci attempting to deliver a direct Hitchcock homage. San francico setting, the lead character appears to be called Du Maurier (as in Daphne), a plot involving a woman who looks like a dead spouse. More kinky than outright perverted this is still a beutifully shot and rather stylish film from Fulci thats somewhat tame compared to his later fare. The print is in need of a restoration to. Overall pretty good though.
Old 19th August 2014, 10:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Perversion story.

The print is in need of a restoration to. Overall pretty good though.
Is that the Severin version you mean?

I must say i never really noticed. You have to remember though i watch many films where the print has a lot to be desired and don't really bother about them.

Like this? Share it using the links below!