Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th October 2015, 10:57 PM
Cult Addict

You've got a cupboard full of whisky, what do you know!
Old 28th October 2015, 06:41 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I don't think it's bad at all.
I like it too. I think it's as good as the original - sometimes (whisky permitting ) even better!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 28th October 2015, 06:41 AM
Cult Addict

Just watched this, not a film but interesting viewing.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 28th October 2015, 08:21 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
I haven't seen the full film yet but this halloween i'm joining in the Fetch Publicity tweet a long and one of the three films is the Exorcist! so i will know better once i sit through the full film.
I want to take part in that, but probably won't because I hate distractions when watching The Exorcist. If you crank up the sound, put off the lights and give it your all, it makes the viewing experience much better.

Other films, such as horror-comedies, are a different matter.
Vipp and Graeme73 like this.
Old 28th October 2015, 06:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I take it you're not a fan of Zach Snyders remake then Vipp?
I didn;t hate it but i wouldn't buy it on blu-ray, i have a dvd copy. I liked looking out for the nods to the original film. too much hammy American acting for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I want to take part in that, but probably won't because I hate distractions when watching The Exorcist. If you crank up the sound, put off the lights and give it your all, it makes the viewing experience much better.

Other films, such as horror-comedies, are a different matter.
I don't mind throwing a few tweets out if it means my favorite forum gets a few more followers, every tweet i send to the big companies like Warner and so on i always ad a cult labs and once that cult labs has been re tweeted by a giant it can be seen by a lot of folks and that is my goal, if i raise awareness of this awesome place it will attract more people that i can bitch at for not thinking Dawn of the dead is the bees knees!

They are also playing 'The lost boys' and 'The Conjouring' on the same night mate if you fancy just saying hello for part of it. i'm
@vipp1990
Old 29th October 2015, 06:02 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

HOUSE OF THE DEVIL – This insidiously creepy slow-burn comes from nouvelle horror brat-packer Ti West. I've seen it a few times over the years and have ended up with slightly diminishing returns, but there's no doubt that it manages to conjure a sinister atmos during its mid-section. A hard up student tries to make some quick cash with a babysitting gig at an isolated house. If you're babysitting for Mary Woronov and creepy guy out of 'Manhunter', you only have yourself to blame. Slightly grating tonal shift at the climax remains a problem for me, but I really like the way 'House Of The Devil' creates an oppressive sense of presence using obvious but well managed cinematography (lingering, odd POV shots etc etc).

SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT – Bit off season, but I came across it again the other day and had to see it. 'Silent Night, Deadly Night' is a fairly lean, nasty slasher which gets under its misanthropic way with no nonsense economy and delivers some mean spirited thrills. About a dude who turns killer after seeing his folks being offed by a highwayman dressed as santa, only to end up in an abusive orphanage run by an arsehole, peevish nun. Some lip smacking little vignettes ie the bit with his deranged, bitter gramps. Hurtles along with its slay-bells ring ding a dinging in a highly sardonic manner but still manages to play it straight, even when it antlers Quigley.

BIRDS OF PREY – From the prolific Cardona Jr, 'Birds Of Prey', or 'Beak' as it is sometimes known, treads the well worn riotous nature path. Man's environmental bollocks has driven some birds to scenes of ineffectual homicide, and it's up to a of pair globe trotting reporters who resemble moribund pop duo 'Dollar' from 1982 to sort it all out. Has a lot to recommend it in the badness department, with shitty dialogue doing battle with shitty everything, up to and including hang-glider impalement soundtracked by some people who actually sound like 'Dollar' (or at least are moribund and eighties). Lots of unintentional laughs, but has a contemptuous attitude towards its avian buddies which might stick in the throat if you're not a rabid admirer of animal death. Otherwise, worth catching on cheapshit DVD.
Old 29th October 2015, 07:35 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I don't mind throwing a few tweets out if it means my favorite forum gets a few more followers, every tweet i send to the big companies like Warner and so on i always ad a cult labs and once that cult labs has been re tweeted by a giant it can be seen by a lot of folks and that is my goal, if i raise awareness of this awesome place it will attract more people that i can bitch at for not thinking Dawn of the dead is the bees knees!

They are also playing 'The lost boys' and 'The Conjouring' on the same night mate if you fancy just saying hello for part of it. i'm
@vipp1990
I'll definitely join in with The Lost Boys and The Conjuring, especially the former, because I can 'half watch' those, whereas I have to give The Exorcist 100% of my attention. That said, I'll probably tweet before and after.
keirarts and Vipp like this.
Old 29th October 2015, 08:00 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
'The lost boys'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
The Lost Boys
No swearing please.
Old 29th October 2015, 08:10 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
No swearing please.
Wait until I get stuck into the film on Twitter!
Old 29th October 2015, 10:46 AM
Cult Acolyte

BOYS OF THE CITY (Monogram 1940)

Poverty Row film featuring the East Side Kids. Production values look pretty good considering this a cheepie! The boys get tangled up in a spooky old mansion when a murder takes place. Some good creepy moments such as a ghost in the cemetary and all the scenes featuring the housekeeper. The boys are contantly shouting around and it gets quite loud and a pain in the arse at times and I did not find it funny really but clocking in at just over an hour it's a good program filler.

Like this? Share it using the links below!