Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th January 2010, 11:52 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Darkness

Been collecting Jaume Balagueró films this week and had never even heard of this effort. It seemed to arrive seconds after I ordered it, and was absolutely immaculate for a second hand disk advertised as "Good" condition! Cost me pennies.

I liked it! The scripting was a bit wayward but the atmosphere and superb cast more than made up for it. A nice creepy way to spend 84 minutes! After this and the joys of [REC] and The Nameless I think I shall keep a sharp eye on his career. Let's hope the curious decision to turn [REC] into a trilogy (or worse, a franchise!) doesn't ruin everything!

Has anyone seen [REC] 2 yet?
Old 28th January 2010, 12:15 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

been a while since i saw donnie darko i almost forgot what it was about.... been few yr since seen it and recently few mags etc i read mentioned it.. so thought id give this another watch ... it is a extremely wierd film thats become a cult.. but still hard to actualy understand... richard kelly latest film attempt the box tries to be a bit like DD wierd and hard to understand but but the film fails EXTREMELY bad there more Q? to be asked than answerd ... has any 1 seen dd2 yet is it any good bought it few wk back for a couple of quid
Old 28th January 2010, 03:10 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watching this as a kid I loved it .Watching it again recently I have noticed I have turned into Uncle Buck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uncle_buck.jpg (85.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 28th January 2010, 06:57 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
Watching this as a kid I loved it .Watching it again recently I have noticed I have turned into Uncle Buck
Funny you should say that..........

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 28th January 2010, 07:27 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I had an odd double bill last night of The Warriors followed by Pete Walker's Die Screaming, Marianne. Both great films; The Warriors being a personal favourite of mine.
Old 28th January 2010, 03:48 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

there's been a lot of talk on these boards about the blind dead movies, and having had the first two film for a couple of months and not actually having seen them i decided to watch Tombs Of the Blind Dead this afternoon, and after dismissing them as cheap euro knock offs i must say that i was completely wrong, Tombs is a fantastic film, incredibly well shot for a start, and also well acted and i must say that the score was very atmospheric, im looking forward to watching Return Of The Blind Dead now. as someone said on a different thread, The Blind Dead films are Essential viewing.
Old 28th January 2010, 03:54 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

It'll be interesting to see which of the first two Blind Dead films you prefer. Always a very tough decision with these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
been a while since i saw donnie darko i almost forgot what it was about.... been few yr since seen it and recently few mags etc i read mentioned it.. so thought id give this another watch ... it is a extremely wierd film thats become a cult..
Personally I thought Donnie Darko was superb. The longer Director's Cut (for once) is far better than the theatrical version.
Old 28th January 2010, 04:01 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
Great film,I can even tolerate Macaulay Culkin in this. ........I'm Buck Melanoma.Moley Russell's wart Not her wart.Not her wart! I'm... I'm the wart. She's my tumor.My... my growth.My... uh, my pimple.I'm Uncle Wart.Just old Buck "Wart" Russell.That's what they call me,or Melanoma Head.They'll call me that. "Melanoma Head's coming." I'm s... uncle! Maisy Russell's uncle
Old 28th January 2010, 04:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Darkness

Been collecting Jaume Balagueró films this week and had never even heard of this effort. It seemed to arrive seconds after I ordered it, and was absolutely immaculate for a second hand disk advertised as "Good" condition! Cost me pennies.

I liked it! The scripting was a bit wayward but the atmosphere and superb cast more than made up for it. A nice creepy way to spend 84 minutes! After this and the joys of [REC] and The Nameless I think I shall keep a sharp eye on his career. Let's hope the curious decision to turn [REC] into a trilogy (or worse, a franchise!) doesn't ruin everything!

Has anyone seen [REC] 2 yet?
I thought The Nameless was pretty good and loved his movies to keep u awake segment. Will watch Fragile soon.

[rec] 2 is out march over here in cinemas.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 28th January 2010, 06:43 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Død Snø

An affable enough comedy. I quite liked it. As a result, I am rethinking my stance against fast moving zombies in cinema!

Like this? Share it using the links below!