Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I loved Dawn remake.
Am a fan of Synders too

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 29th January 2010, 05:36 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

watched The Quiet Earth last night with the comentary on, very informative, also it's an excellent film, one of my faves.
Old 29th January 2010, 05:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Running On Karma - Johnny To and Wai Ka-Fai's film form 2003 is certainly a bunch of wild ideas thrown together that put together make a lot of sense and overall this is a pretty darn good movie. Andy Lau's muscle suit is strange at first but his brilliant performance soon shines through the make up.

Blood Feast 2: All You Can Eat - This is a wildly entertaining follow up with Herchell G Lewis playing for laughs and to shock. The gore is so OTT it is hard to take seriously. The acting by all the cast on the other hand is worthy of any Shakespear play........ NOT!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Running On Karma.jpg (12.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Blood Feast 2.jpg (2.8 KB, 2 views)

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 30th January 2010, 12:17 AM
Cult Acolyte

Just watched Phobia 2.
It was not as good as part 1 but had its moments. The first story was kinda weak and boring as was the 3rd story. The 2nd one was ok while 4th was pretty good and 5th was funni so I thought it was cool

Unlike the first film, there is nothing in common with any of the storys.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 30th January 2010, 03:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Staunton Hill - This film is being plugged as being directed by Cameron Romero (Son of Horror legend George A Romero.) as if that is meant to stand for something. This is certainly not a case of like father like son. This is an unoriginal and rather empty horror film that we have all seen many times before. Avoid at all cost. I wish I had.

A Simple Plan - Before Sam Raimi became the Super Hero king with his take on Spiderman he made this effective little thriller about greed. Good performances and a tale that shows the price you have to pay for doing the wrong thing, this is a story of escalating horrors as one thing leads to another. A minor classic that deserves a wider audience.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Staunton Hill.jpg (3.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg A Simple Plan.jpg (3.2 KB, 3 views)

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 30th January 2010, 08:44 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

HE WAS A QUIET MAN - This was actually really good, thoroughly enjoyed it. Christian Slater playing the lead but he's had prosthetics to make him look.....well....different, not in a bad way though, his performance is great. As a bonus you even get to see Elisha Cuthberts breasts. Yes gentleman, it's worth picking up a copy just for those

DISTRICT 9 (Blu-ray) - What a film, saw it twice at the cinema and just finished watching it in Hi def. It looks brilliant, one of the best looking movies I own. It's funny, original, gory and well just generally awesome. Love it, cannot wait for the sequel.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 30th January 2010, 10:01 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAlive View Post

A Simple Plan - Before Sam Raimi became the Super Hero king with his take on Spiderman he made this effective little thriller about greed. Good performances and a tale that shows the price you have to pay for doing the wrong thing, this is a story of escalating horrors as one thing leads to another. A minor classic that deserves a wider audience. [/COLOR][/FONT]
A Simple Plan is terrifc. Raimi's 'mature' film, but way better than that tag suggests.
Old 30th January 2010, 10:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

Just watched Growth, a stright to dvd title from Lionsgate.
Its a pretty fun parasite movie in the vien of Slither and Night of the Creeps although quite different also t dont have any comedy in it. Good all round acting, the CGI parasites did scream low budget movie but it was over-lookable. Quite enjoyed this and liked it better then Slither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
DISTRICT 9 (Blu-ray) - What a film, saw it twice at the cinema and just finished watching it in Hi def. It looks brilliant, one of the best looking movies I own. It's funny, original, gory and well just generally awesome. Love it, cannot wait for the sequel.
I agree, but sadly I missed this at the cinema.
Watched it twice on blu though

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 30th January 2010, 11:37 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Visiting Hours (uncut)

Wordy but fairly entertaining former nasty. Lee Grant is excellent as always and Michael Ironside a solid villain. William Shatner pops up but mercifully not for long.

Would pass without problems today.
Old 31st January 2010, 12:00 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Just sat through both Fritt Vilt/Cold Prey films.

There was nothing new here - just derivative, formula slasher flicks...in the snow. But there was much to recommend about them. Great atmosphere to them both and the sequel was pretty much up to the standards of the first one.

I enjoyed them both.

It would also seem that the wilds of Norway harbours some pretty ravishingly beautiful women!

Like this? Share it using the links below!