Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th January 2016, 07:57 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I believe Biler is working on a 70s witchcraft/occult project at the moment or has been, it has been awhile since I read her blog.
Could be interesting. I'd imagine it to look something like Romero's Season of the Witch.
Old 4th January 2016, 08:17 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Hellraiser (1987)

93/100
Old 4th January 2016, 11:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Shameless:
#30 The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh - First time seeing this, not bad plus the forum favourite stars in it....And very nice she is too!

The Running Man (1987) Fancied a bit of 80's action! Its another picture that I haven't seen in years. A fun film with some really cheesey one liners from that cyborg bloke. Enjoyed it that much went out and bought the directors cut of Commando.
Old 5th January 2016, 06:41 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
Shameless:
#30 The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh - First time seeing this, not bad plus the forum favourite stars in it....And very nice she is too!

The Running Man (1987) Fancied a bit of 80's action! Its another picture that I haven't seen in years. A fun film with some really cheesey one liners from that cyborg bloke. Enjoyed it that much went out and bought the directors cut of Commando.
Mate if you liked the story of the Running Man but fancy a little more storyline to chew on pick up a copy of the book, it's surprisingly good.
Old 5th January 2016, 02:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
How does it compare to inglourious Basterds, a film I thought was overlong, self-indulgent, and plodding?
Same as it ever was then. You see, for me there is no forward motion in the film.....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 5th January 2016, 04:57 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Same as it ever was then. You see, for me there is no forward motion in the film.....
I'm not sure when I will get to see it because it seems Cineworld has not been able to strike a deal with the distributor and, because I have an Unlimited card, I'm loath to spend money to watch a film in another cinema chain!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 5th January 2016, 05:32 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Interview with the Vampire (1994)

A vampire, Louis, (Brad Pitt) relates his 200 year story to an inquisitive reporter (Christian Slater). Telling of his relationship and introduction to vampirism by Lestat (Tom Cruise).

A rather divisive vampire film but one that is almost unique in the way it portrays the vampire. It's very non-traditional in the way it lets it's metaphors of the daily struggle for survival and the need to search for a mentor to lead them out of the darkness play out.

Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt are excellent. You really feel for them as their desperation and hungers are evident from the off. Yes there are scenes of vampiric decadence especially when Cruise's Lestat plays and teases with the prostitute before eventually killing her, but the desperation is always in the air.

Probably the films most striking sequence in the Theatre des Vampire show in Paris, where a coven of vampires carries out daily sacrificial rites in front of an audience. Director Neil Jordan stages this brilliantly and a feeling of dread overcomes the viewer as it doesn't take long to realize what exactly is going to happen. As Pitt's Louis smiles to Claudia (the superb Kirsten Dunst), a vampire in the body of a child, 'Vampires pretending to be humans pretending to be vampires'.

Everything about Interview with the Vampire is stunning. From the production design to the acting. Tom Cruise has never been so miscast in a role and yet he shines and makes the part his own. You only have to see the sequel Queen of the Damned and Stuart Townsend's take on Lestat for proof.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg interview-with-the-vampire-movie-poster.jpg (45.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 5th January 2016, 05:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Queen of the Damned just plain sucked!
keirarts and Vipp like this.
Old 5th January 2016, 05:39 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
Queen of the Damned just plain sucked!
Ha'ha. I honestly didn't mind it. Maybe due to it's soundtrack. It's not in the same league as Interview though. No. You're right it's not great is it.
keirarts likes this.
Old 5th January 2016, 05:48 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I have no idea why, but I've never seen Queen of the Damned.

Like this? Share it using the links below!