Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179659Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd May 2016, 02:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I went to see Captain America: Civil War this morning. I haven't really processed my feelings yet, I did really enjoy it but my cinema audience was too annoying, I might go and watch it again later in the week.

Who goes to the cinema with a multi-pack of crisps? and this same little girl in my row got up 5 times to use the toilet, I know it's a long film but that's like once every 25 mins haha.

I'll agree with those who have seen it though, it's epic, it's well paced, it's directed well and it's the best Spiderman film I've seen. It also made me want to watch Ant-Man.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 2nd May 2016, 03:01 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I went to see Captain America: Civil War this morning. I haven't really processed my feelings yet, I did really enjoy it but my cinema audience was too annoying, I might go and watch it again later in the week.

Who goes to the cinema with a multi-pack of crisps? and this same little girl in my row got up 5 times to use the toilet, I know it's a long film but that's like once every 25 mins haha.

I'll agree with those who have seen it though, it's epic, it's well paced, it's directed well and it's the best Spiderman film I've seen. It also made me want to watch Ant-Man.
I can't wait. Going to go next weekend when it should be a little quieter. The multi bag of crisps i can live with but why was there a little girl there? I don't get why people take little kids into these films. That said we went to Batman v Superman the other week and this couple in our row had a little boy looked about 4 with them and fairplay he didn't make a peep. Just sat and watched the whole thing end to end in silence. Probably wondered why it was such a bloody mess.

Last edited by J Harker; 2nd May 2016 at 03:13 PM.
Old 2nd May 2016, 04:23 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I can't wait. Going to go next weekend when it should be a little quieter. The multi bag of crisps i can live with but why was there a little girl there? I don't get why people take little kids into these films. That said we went to Batman v Superman the other week and this couple in our row had a little boy looked about 4 with them and fairplay he didn't make a peep. Just sat and watched the whole thing end to end in silence. Probably wondered why it was such a bloody mess.

There were people at the showing I went to with 2 children who couldn't have been more than 3 years old. It was obvious all the children wanted to see was Spider-Man. I know kids can get into a 12A with an adult, but you don't take 3 year olds to a 2 1/2hr film! Fortunately they were actually very quiet during the whole thing, so it could've been a lot worse.
Old 2nd May 2016, 04:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Original Double Bill

I watched these as a double bill a long time ago, but now seemed the perfect time to a revisit.
Yeah, great double bill and even better as the films did not finish until 2am this morning.
Old 2nd May 2016, 04:48 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:

These sre just some of the reasons i don't go to the cinema anymore.

I suppose people in general are the reason. Oh to be Robert Neville.
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 2nd May 2016, 04:52 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
There were people at the showing I went to with 2 children who couldn't have been more than 3 years old. It was obvious all the children wanted to see was Spider-Man. I know kids can get into a 12A with an adult, but you don't take 3 year olds to a 2 1/2hr film! Fortunately they were actually very quiet during the whole thing, so it could've been a lot worse.
12A is the daftest rating ever. Whats the damn point. Every single one of the Lord of the Rings films were full of toddlers brought in by numpties who thought they were watching a kids film.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 2nd May 2016, 05:03 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
12A is the daftest rating ever. Whats the damn point. Every single one of the Lord of the Rings films were full of toddlers brought in by numpties who thought they were watching a kids film.
Imagine what it's like in America with the R rating, because that's essentially the same but with films like Scream and Watchmen and Deadpool.

Old 2nd May 2016, 05:06 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
These sre just some of the reasons i don't go to the cinema anymore.

I suppose people in general are the reason. Oh to be Robert Neville.
I'm not the worlds biggest people lover either but watching a film on the big screen has it's charms. To be fair today is the first bad experience I've had in a long time but it's my own fault going to an 11am on a Bank Holiday Monday!

Actually scrap that, I went to Eye in the Sky week before last and 3 old women in front of me talked all the way through it about everything from shopping, birthdays and how rude the man was that shushed them from talking but most of the time it's fine haha.
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.

Last edited by Justin101; 2nd May 2016 at 05:20 PM.
Old 2nd May 2016, 05:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

I'm gonna start a thread about horrific cinema experiences. I've got quite a few.
Old 2nd May 2016, 05:35 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I'm not the worlds biggest people lover either but watching a film on the big screen has it's charms. To be fair today is the first bad experience I've had in a long time but it's my own fault going to an 11am on a Bank Holiday Monday!

Actually scrap that, I went to Eye in the Sky week before last and 3 old women in front of me talked all the way through it about everything from shopping, birthdays and how rude the man was that shushed them from talking but most of the time it's fine haha.
I tend to wait til somethings been out a week or so before we go. Let it quieten down.

Like this? Share it using the links below!