All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179661Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd May 2016, 05:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I went to see Captain America: Civil War this morning. I haven't really processed my feelings yet, I did really enjoy it but my cinema audience was too annoying, I might go and watch it again later in the week.

Who goes to the cinema with a multi-pack of crisps? and this same little girl in my row got up 5 times to use the toilet, I know it's a long film but that's like once every 25 mins haha.

I'll agree with those who have seen it though, it's epic, it's well paced, it's directed well and it's the best Spiderman film I've seen. It also made me want to watch Ant-Man.
Was I bit like this when I went to see batman vs superman, a woman was there with her young children and I mean young none of them must of been older than 8 and the youngest must of been about five. They Spent the whole move running around and she must of taken them to the toilet at least 20 times! While the mother just sat thier with a shopping bag full of snacks even though she had a large popcorn and nachos. Really surprised they didn't get throwing out or the staff had a word

If a films a 12a I do think children under that age should not be allowed in even if they are accompanied by an adult especially a long film and batman vs superman really isn't a movie to take young children to, or anyone for that matter!
Justin101, keirarts and J Harker like this.

Last edited by trebor8273; 2nd May 2016 at 06:12 PM.
Old 2nd May 2016, 06:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Done.

Post Your Annoying Cinema Experiences...

Post Your Annoying Cinema Experiences !
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 2nd May 2016, 07:05 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Fright Night 2: New Blood (2013)

A strange one this as it's supposedly a sequel to the Fright Night remake from 2011. However it isn't, it's really just another re imagining of the original 80's Fright Night as indeed was the 2011 film.

Placing the film in Romania and changing the name of the vampire from Jerry Dandridge to Gerri Dandridge and turning him into a gorgeous female vampire isn't the only difference however. With New Blood we also get many elements of Elizabeth Bathory's legend as well, in fact *spoiler alert* Gerri is the Blood Countess.

So whilst we have the basics of the Fright Night story we also get lots more gore, nudity, lesbianism and general blood bathing. It's probably easy to pull this film apart and declare it rubbish but i really quite enjoyed it. Once we get past the first twenty or so minutes and the introduction of the young people who will be the heroes of the story it all turns suitably messy and became rather a lot of fun, albeit fun in a major studio sense where the director thought '**** this! lets go the Hostel Part II route and drain a nude girl from the ceiling'.

The film has decent production values, setting it in Romania meant they had access to glorious Gothic architecture at every turn and i found the whole Countess Bathory scenario very surprising and most welcome. Plus of course there's the female vampire as played by the gorgeous Jamie Murray. Quite possibly the sexiest vampire since Jess Franco's zoomed in sexploitation classics of the 70's.

Whilst it will never make a Top Ten Tuesday Vampire list, Fright Night 2: New Blood is a film i know i'll return to in the future.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fright-Night-2-A-1-.jpg (90.4 KB, 1 views)
Old 2nd May 2016, 07:56 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Fright Night 2: New Blood (2013)

A strange one this as it's supposedly a sequel to the Fright Night remake from 2011. However it isn't, it's really just another re imagining of the original 80's Fright Night as indeed was the 2011 film.

Placing the film in Romania and changing the name of the vampire from Jerry Dandridge to Gerri Dandridge and turning him into a gorgeous female vampire isn't the only difference however. With New Blood we also get many elements of Elizabeth Bathory's legend as well, in fact *spoiler alert* Gerri is the Blood Countess.

So whilst we have the basics of the Fright Night story we also get lots more gore, nudity, lesbianism and general blood bathing. It's probably easy to pull this film apart and declare it rubbish but i really quite enjoyed it. Once we get past the first twenty or so minutes and the introduction of the young people who will be the heroes of the story it all turns suitably messy and became rather a lot of fun, albeit fun in a major studio sense where the director thought '**** this! lets go the Hostel Part II route and drain a nude girl from the ceiling'.

The film has decent production values, setting it in Romania meant they had access to glorious Gothic architecture at every turn and i found the whole Countess Bathory scenario very surprising and most welcome. Plus of course there's the female vampire as played by the gorgeous Jamie Murray. Quite possibly the sexiest vampire since Jess Franco's zoomed in sexploitation classics of the 70's.

Whilst it will never make a Top Ten Tuesday Vampire list, Fright Night 2: New Blood is a film i know i'll return to in the future.
I quite like the Colin Farrel remake of the 80s film. Although I'm pretty sure its just me.
Old 2nd May 2016, 08:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I quite like the Colin Farrel remake of the 80s film. Although I'm pretty sure its just me.
I did too.
Old 3rd May 2016, 02:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Toby's in the first one too.
But it's not as exciting as TWS.
Imho.

Justin101 and keirarts like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd May 2016, 07:26 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

The (long) weekend's viewings:

Prophecy (1979)

56/100

Up from the Depths (1979)

35/100

Atom Age Vampire (1960)

58/100

Blood and Roses (1960)

66/100

The Hands of Orlac (1960)

65/100

Jurassic World (2015)

59/100
Old 3rd May 2016, 07:28 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
A very mediocre weekend for you then going off your scores.
keirarts likes this.
Old 3rd May 2016, 07:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post

Prophecy (1979)

56/100

Up from the Depths (1979)

35/100

Atom Age Vampire (1960)

58/100

Blood and Roses (1960)

66/100

The Hands of Orlac (1960)

65/100

Jurassic World (2015)

59/100
Wish i had time to watch that many films over a month let alone a week.
Life busy at mo trying to get our business known and fully of the ground.
Bouncing back and fourth from north to east west and back again.
I only got round to watching new star wars last night and only saw half of it cos i fell asleep
keirarts likes this.
Old 3rd May 2016, 07:41 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
A very mediocre weekend for you then going off your scores.
Prophecy, despite some interesting effects work was a little dull and disappointing - maybe I expected more with it being a Frankenheimer film.

Up from the Depths is nothing more than a poor Jaws cash-in, however some of the characters made up for the fishy odour in respect to how kooky/entertaining they were.

Atom Age Vampire was interesting, although it's basically a mish-mash of Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde meets Eyes without a Face; there's not a vampire in sight either!

Blood and Roses was the high-light and is an interesting little gothic curio with a few surreal flourishes. It gets a little bogged down in the latter part but is something I'd certainly recommend - especially to your good self as I know you have a penchant for the gothic.

The Hands of Orlac was decent, mainly thanks to a solid story, however is not as good as the original silent masterpiece. Worth a look though.

Jurassic World was pretty dumb but certainly an entertaining return to the franchise - easily better than the second & third entries despite some clunkiness and poor character-development / dialogue. The best blockbuster I've seen in a while at any rate.

Like this? Share it using the links below!