LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd June 2017, 06:21 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
CATFIGHT

Two old college friends meet again years later and start a feud that lasts for years...

Very smart and funny Indie comedy which breaks out into gloriously violent, prolonged fists fights every now and again as Sandra Oh and Anne Heche knock the living shit out of each other. Recommended.
I hope Heche wins as Oh usually annoys the shit out of me!
Old 3rd June 2017, 06:52 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I hope Heche wins as Oh usually annoys the shit out of me!
They are both excellent in it and play off each other perfectly. It is a real joy to watch.
Old 3rd June 2017, 06:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist

X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)

I know the third is always the worst but this takes the piss. What a bummer of a way to finish a trilogy.

**1/2 out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 3rd June 2017, 07:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Completely bonkers tale of a private eye type character who investergates the death of some yakuza who are killed by a woman that was wronged by them and give syphilis and kills them we some weird psych tiger powers,our good detective is also the last of his clan who happened to be werewolf's, while he never changes he is stronger and faster than a normal human and on the 15th day of the lunar cycle is invincible. Watch him attack a room of yukuza with only a coin, hunt down bad guys on foot who are in a jeep and have sex with a women who looks like his mother and might actually be and suck on her titties like a baby! 7/10

Next up dead of winter.
Old 3rd June 2017, 09:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Don't why this is included in 88 films slasher collection , as its more of a chiller/thriller and a very atmospheric and well acted and directed one at that. Actress Katie McGovern is hired to complete a film, but soon becomes suspicious and its not long before she finds out she has been kidnap for some unknowing purpose. Well acted from the leads of Mary Steenburgen, Roddy McDowell and Jan Rubes and as I said atmospheric. Well above the standard of the usual drival of the slasher collection, but as I said I can't see why its included. 8.5/10

Next up Brain Damage.
Old 3rd June 2017, 10:02 PM
Ex-member

Now You See Me 2 - not worth typying out a description of it or what I thought about it overall. All I will say is the first one is a near classic compared to this and its always good to see Freeman and Caine in any role. For those two I won't give this a 0/10.
Old 3rd June 2017, 10:05 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingWindows View Post
Now You See Me 2 - not worth typying out a description of it or what I thought about it overall. All I will say is the first one is a near classic compared to this and its always good to see Freeman and Caine in any role. For those two I won't give this a 0/10.
I really enjoyed the first one and thought the second instalment was close, but nowhere near as good. However, it has been awhile since I saw the first and have the extended edition Blu-ray on my 'to watch' pile.

I do remember being surprised at how well the first one stood up to a second viewing where the element of surprise and mystery was largely absent.
Old 3rd June 2017, 10:11 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I really enjoyed the first one and thought the second instalment was close, but nowhere near as good. However, it has been awhile since I saw the first and have the extended edition Blu-ray on my 'to watch' pile.

I do remember being surprised at how well the first one stood up to a second viewing where the element of surprise and mystery was largely absent.
I might give part 2 another shot in a few weeks maybe I am being a little harsh but I just didn't connect really with any of the characters this time around, didn't find anything surprising in this one, and lastly didn't enjoy it like the first one. I think I could watch part 1 a few more times before I seen part 2 again.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 4th June 2017, 10:53 AM
Cult Addict

Wonder woman

Finally. It seems that without the hurried world building, inexplicable character motivations, sloppy editing and insistence on making things 'dark and edgy' in a way that's sure to please 15 year old kids and people who don't think Frank millers recent output has been hot garbage, that there is a decent, if not legitimately great film to be made with one of DC's iconic characters. Changing directors and hiring Patty Jenkins (Monster) was a great move. Zach Snyder is a great visual stylist but he can't make a coherent film for s*** unless he's using someone else's material as storyboards, Jenkins can also make visually arresting scenes however it all actually fits together far better and the film actually has decent pacing and makes sense without a Lawrence of Arabia length directors cut that tries to justify things to the audience. I genuinely think DC need to look at the success of this and learn that they don't have to be marvel and can make decent films with their own identity.
Old 4th June 2017, 11:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Wonder woman

Finally. It seems that without the hurried world building, inexplicable character motivations, sloppy editing and insistence on making things 'dark and edgy' in a way that's sure to please 15 year old kids and people who don't think Frank millers recent output has been hot garbage, that there is a decent, if not legitimately great film to be made with one of DC's iconic characters. Changing directors and hiring Patty Jenkins (Monster) was a great move. Zach Snyder is a great visual stylist but he can't make a coherent film for s*** unless he's using someone else's material as storyboards, Jenkins can also make visually arresting scenes however it all actually fits together far better and the film actually has decent pacing and makes sense without a Lawrence of Arabia length directors cut that tries to justify things to the audience. I genuinely think DC need to look at the success of this and learn that they don't have to be marvel and can make decent films with their own identity.
looking at the trailer for justice league, its sadly looks more batman vs superman than wonder woman, as it just seemed another dark and edgy film with disjointed scenes and bad editing

Like this? Share it using the links below!