All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th June 2017, 07:17 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

Killjoy Goes to Hell (2012)

The fourth and final entry in the series is easily the best of what is mostly a bad bunch. Killjoy is sent to hell to answer to the Devil for his ineptness as a demonic clown. Following on from the decent Killjoy 3 this improves even further. Trent Haaga is on fine form as the wise cracking clown who desperately needs help in saving his skin from jilted ex Batty Boop (Victoria De Mare). Some biting dialogue and a lot of fun make this one of my favourite Full Moon productions. A naked throughout the film De Mare helps as well
Or not!

Not seen it yet, but Killjoy 5 "Killjoy's Psycho Circus' was released last year

Killjoy's Psycho Circus (2016) - IMDb
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 8th June 2017, 07:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A mix of western and horror while it does nether particularly well its enjoyable enough, but apart from one F bomb and a minimum of gore and violence this should of been a 15 or even a 12a by todays standards. 6.5/10

Next, up first time viewing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 220px-Dontgointhewoodsposter.jpg (21.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 8th June 2017, 07:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Deadpool (2016)

**** out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 8th June 2017, 09:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

X men?
Die Hard?

Cult??

AAANYWAY

Burial Ground (1981, Andreas Bianchi)

The thing is, with all this remastering, you run the risk of pulling back the curtain somewhat I find.
Am I going to say it can be like seeing the very fibre of the canvas that your favourite Vermeer is scrawled on? Not that I am comparing the two. The dutch geezer at least knew something about lighting.
I digress.
The fun here is watching an indolent middle class talk themselves literally to death. A film. A shitty film yes. But beauty is in the brown eye of the beholder....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 8th June 2017 at 09:50 PM.
Old 8th June 2017, 09:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
The thing is, with all this remastering, you run the risk of pulling back the curtain somewhat I find.
The first time I watched the bluray of Shogun Assassin there was one shot, a close up of the Shogun (I think) and all I could see was the gauze that his fake eyebrows were attached to glued to his face That being said, the rest of it look great and I got over it.

Anyhow... Burial Ground, it's shit, we all know it - but what fun! The talky bits are probably the best bits too.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 8th June 2017, 09:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Standford Prison Experiment 2015

Based on true events of a experiment based on Philip Zimbardo psychological behavioural studies involving students in a mock prison situation.

I recently reviewed the film Das Experiment which the movie was based on. However after watching a a documentary on the real experiment I thought this would be different. Philip Zimbardo actually supervised and helped with the screenplay. It's as though a experiment went to full simulation with people taking roles too seriously. If anyone has been bullied psychologically then we can relate to this and how the real volunteers in 1971 felt, you can laugh, cry or feel emotional after watching this movie. I normally rate movies but this one I can't rate it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 98e6k01wsm7nsw7k.jpg (22.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 8th June 2017, 10:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I’ve always thought Burial Ground to be just a bad film. Not so bad it’s awesome like Pieces, just bad.

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 9th June 2017, 08:36 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I agree. Burial Ground is awful. And that creepy wee boy...?!

Although, to be fair, I would've rattled his maw too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 9th June 2017, 08:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckyFunster View Post
I agree. Burial Ground is awful. And that creepy wee boy...?!

Although, to be fair, I would've rattled his maw too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would you eat her boob too?
MuckyFunster likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 9th June 2017, 09:09 AM
Cult Addict

Mutant

A film i've seen numerous times, purely on the basis that you can throw a rock at a car boot sale or in a charity shop and guarantee to hit a copy. I tried Code reds blu-ray as its 4k but the improved quality affects it none.
I really enjoy this film. It has wings hauser in it which means it should be awful but even his deranged beaver face cannot diminsh what is essentially a great little monster picture with some decent effects work. It also helps the sheriff is played by the always good Bo Hopkins.
The film has two brothers on a roasd trip get stuck in some obsucre southern town after a group of Yahoos run them off the road. Things get worse as the strangely desolate town seems to be plagued by a rash of mysterious illnesses. Pretty soon bodies begin dropping everywhere and after his little brother goes missing Hausers character must work with the sherriff to figure out whats going on.
The films directed by John 'bud' Cardos who is talented enough to make things work. The film is competently shot and edited with some great location work. I also really like the design of the mutants which while dipping its toes in the Zombie genre has enough different to be interesting. For people on a budget the DVD releases can be had cheaply.

Like this? Share it using the links below!