All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th June 2017, 07:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Logan (2017)

****1/2 out of *****

keirarts and bleakshaun like this.

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 9th June 2017, 08:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Not usually a big fan of more modern horrors, but enjoyed this creepy and well acted and made film. Though I did keep expecting the Doctor to turn up at somepoint ! 8/10

Now watching this,which I've not seen before.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HappyBirthdayToMe_quad-1-500x378.jpg (57.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 9th June 2017, 08:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Not usually a big fan of more modern horrors, but enjoyed this creepy and well acted and made film. Though I did keep expecting the Doctor to turn up at somepoint ! 8/10

Now watching this,which I've not seen before.
Good choice in viewing both are good movies
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th June 2017, 09:18 PM
Cult Acolyte

delugeposter.jpg
DELUGE (RKO 1933)

A major earthquake and huge tidal wave hit the USA destroying everything.
Separated from his wife and children, and thinking them dead, survivor Martin falls in love with Claire who he finds escaping from two men.
Martin has set up a home for himself and has no idea that there is a survivor settlement ten miles away. Also hanging around the area are a group of men who are attacking women. While fighting off the group, a few of the men from the settlement arrive and help. It is then that Martin finds out that his wife and children are alive. But what now happens to Claire?

yeahh! At last. At one time a lost film that resurfaced in 1981 with a print with an Italian soundtrack has now been restored with the English track as a print was found in 2016.
The scenes of destruction are great and there is a lot of model work involved in the earth splitting open and countless buildings collapsing. (Some of the scenes were used in the climax to cliff hanger serial KING OF THE ROCKET MEN). After the mayhem, the film settles in to the story of survivor Martin and his life after the events. Clocking in at 70mins this is great stuff and comes totally recommended.
Available on R1 DVD or Region A blu ray

Old 9th June 2017, 09:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

Jason X. Notorious invincible serial killer Jason Vorhees gets locked into suspended animation, finally putting an end to his killing spree... until some berks find him and then defrost him 400 years later, and ol' Jason's soon back up and killing again, seemingly unperturbed by his new space station environment. The 10th Friday the 13th is the silliest yet, but it knows it, and is actually pretty entertaining tongue in cheek stuff, with some very attractive ladies. Good dumb fun.
Old 9th June 2017, 09:52 PM
Cult Addict

Zardoz. 1974. John Mustuvbinpistt Boorman.

What the bloody hell was this? Sean Connery and Ron Jeremy's moustache co-star in this surreal sci-fi set in the distant future. Society has as far as i could tell been divided into two, maybe three classes, the brutals and the eternals and possibly someone else, I'm really not sure. Connery plays Zed, one of a group of exterminators, he wears a pair of red pants and looks a twat. The world appears to be ruled over by giant floating stone heads. Frankly I'm not sure what the hell was going on. Two things i did pick up on, firstly that the eternals are immortal and even if they find some way to die they are simply re-born and grow into the same body in some sort of weird genetic artificial birthing 'thing'. They are essentially tired and fed up, given that immortality seems to have robbed them of all purpose. Secondly Charlotte Rampling used to be a hotty. The blu from Arrow looks pretty decent and to be fair despite looking a right prick somehow Sean Jeremy manages to maintain his dignity. Worth a watch if you have the Arrow disc is the interview with Ben Wheatley. He is a fan and actually does a decent job of putting this film in context and making some vague sort of sense of it all. I have to confess for all its surreal weirdness i cant say i didn't enjoy Zardoz and will happily revisit it at some point.
Old 9th June 2017, 09:58 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Jason X. Notorious invincible serial killer Jason Vorhees gets locked into suspended animation, finally putting an end to his killing spree... until some berks find him and then defrost him 400 years later, and ol' Jason's soon back up and killing again, seemingly unperturbed by his new space station environment. The 10th Friday the 13th is the silliest yet, but it knows it, and is actually pretty entertaining tongue in cheek stuff, with some very attractive ladies. Good dumb fun.
Jason X is great fun Iank. I haven't seen many Friday 13th films but this is probably my favourite.
Old 9th June 2017, 10:23 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Zardoz. 1974. John Mustuvbinpistt Boorman.

What the bloody hell was this? Sean Connery and Ron Jeremy's moustache co-star in this surreal sci-fi set in the distant future. Society has as far as i could tell been divided into two, maybe three classes, the brutals and the eternals and possibly someone else, I'm really not sure. Connery plays Zed, one of a group of exterminators, he wears a pair of red pants and looks a twat. The world appears to be ruled over by giant floating stone heads. Frankly I'm not sure what the hell was going on. Two things i did pick up on, firstly that the eternals are immortal and even if they find some way to die they are simply re-born and grow into the same body in some sort of weird genetic artificial birthing 'thing'. They are essentially tired and fed up, given that immortality seems to have robbed them of all purpose. Secondly Charlotte Rampling used to be a hotty. The blu from Arrow looks pretty decent and to be fair despite looking a right prick somehow Sean Jeremy manages to maintain his dignity. Worth a watch if you have the Arrow disc is the interview with Ben Wheatley. He is a fan and actually does a decent job of putting this film in context and making some vague sort of sense of it all. I have to confess for all its surreal weirdness i cant say i didn't enjoy Zardoz and will happily revisit it at some point.
Possibly the funniest review I have ever read.

Bravo, sir.
keirarts and J Harker like this.
Old 9th June 2017, 10:25 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Possibly the funniest review I have ever read.

Bravo, sir.
Why thank you my good man.
Old 10th June 2017, 02:01 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Curse of Chuck 2013

Chucky is back this time terrorising a wheelchair bound girl and her family in a secluded house.

Forget the bride and seed of Chucky this one is back as pure horror no comedy in it. Don Mancini has brought back the franchise as it was like the original trilogy but with a added background. If you are planning on seeing this spoiler part there is a extra scene after the credits. 8 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Curse_of_Chucky,_Blu-ray_Art.jpg (31.8 KB, 9 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!