Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th June 2017, 07:59 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Not reading your JR review, J as i'm just about to watch it.
J Harker likes this.
Old 10th June 2017, 08:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Highly enjoyable Canadian slasher that's well acted and directed with a lots of twists and turns and shocking revelation, the victims were all a unlikable bunch and I couldn't wait for them to be killed off, but I think that might of been the point. 9.4/10

Now watching this, which I expecting to be pretty poor.
Old 10th June 2017, 08:09 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Not reading your JR review, J as i'm just about to watch it.
Hope you enjoy it Dem. I did.
Old 10th June 2017, 08:32 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Despite Jack Reacher: Never Go Back reminding me of a cross between The Bourne Identity and In the Valley of Elah, I enjoyed it while it was playing at the cinema. However, I haven't felt the urge to add it to my collection for watching it again.
keirarts likes this.
Old 10th June 2017, 08:39 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Despite Jack Reacher: Never Go Back reminding me of a cross between The Bourne Identity and In the Valley of Elah, I enjoyed it while it was playing at the cinema. However, I haven't felt the urge to add it to my collection for watching it again.
It was on NowTv. I won't be rushing to buy it but I'll probably pick it up for peanuts in CEX in a year or so.
Old 10th June 2017, 09:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dreadfully written and directed horror, with some nonsense about a banshee which comes of as a poor mans Ring with dreadful effects Its a SciFi channel movie so that explains a lot, Lance Henriksen has been in some shit films but even for him its a low point. The picture quality of the blu went from OK to abysmal and one minute the sound would be loud and the next the sound needed to be turned up to hear anything 4/10

Next up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d382c641-71a0-4159-b061-30fc7326b607.jpg (88.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 10th June 2017, 09:23 PM
Cult Veteran

Enjoy Possession Treb, it's not everyones cup of tentacles but I love it! The mania is off the scale!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 10th June 2017, 09:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Enjoy Possession Treb, it's not everyones cup of tentacles but I love it! The mania is off the scale!
Seen it before and loved it, but a little sleepy and its a film that deserves my full attention so will watch it another night, so going to watch either scarecrows or an episode of charmed instead.
Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 10th June 2017, 09:49 PM
Cult Addict

Island of Terror. 1966. Terence Fisher.

A scientist working on a cure for cancer inadvertently creates a new lifeform on a remote island off the Irish coast. When a body is found completely devoid of bone the local doctor enlists the help of emminent pathologist Dr.Brian Stanley (Peter Cushing). Seems the 'lifeform' is actually a predatory being capable of dissolving and draining all bone from its victim. This film was great and a perfect example of how a great director and cast and an excellent script can male even the daftest premise work. I'd read how the creature design was absurd but to be honest i don't think it was a problem. Given the context they were created in anything other than the most rudimentary design would have been silly. What is an issue is that they simply aren't that scary, these things have all the agility of a one legged tortoise yet there are numerous scenes where they manage to creep up on people and in case even climb a bloody tree. That said i still thought the film worked, the atmospheric setting and the sheer conviction of some wonderful players particularly the ever dependable Cushing, who just oozes class just carry it along wonderfully. For a pg there is also some grissly stuff here and there with a particularly nasty amputation. Island of Terror is great fun and well worth your time.
Old 10th June 2017, 10:15 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Just watched T2.
Very good,but very serious in comparison with the first!

My,my how we've all gotten older eh?

I too felt older with the cast and characters.....I was only 24 when I saw the original!

Choose Life....it goes in too fast!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!