Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179635Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th May 2017, 06:49 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yeah Goodfellas was a good movie haven't seen it ages thanks though will add it to my amazon basket
Old 8th May 2017, 07:52 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I also saw it at the cinema when it was first released

I don't think it lived up to the promise of 'Goodfellas', but it's still a cracking movie
if you have the time and watch them both you have a s**t hot double bill right there
Old 8th May 2017, 08:19 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

The 1970s is by far my favourite decade for cinema followed by the '60s and the '80s. Not sure where the '90s would rank but despite some great films being made then, it's far from my favourite decade.
Old 8th May 2017, 08:22 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
The 1970s is by far my favourite decade for cinema followed by the '60s and the '80s. Not sure where the '90s would rank but despite some great films being made then, it's far from my favourite decade.
for genre films the 90's seems lacking but for everything else it was great, trainspotting, reservoir dogs, pulp fiction, seven etc.
Old 8th May 2017, 08:51 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Guess which I'd pick
the gate, thats the one i choose, but will watch the haunting sometime this week.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 8th May 2017, 10:10 AM
Cult Veteran

It's been Ageeeeees since I posted a film review, I have been watching films, just late at night after a long day of work followed by homework so by the next day it's completely out of my mind! Here's a list!

Biggest disappointment for me was Lenzi's Almost Human even the over the top crazy acting couldn't stop this one from boring me to death. It's also hard to believe that last week was my virgin viewing of Predator, loads of people love this film way more than it deserves, I am inclined to believe these are nostalgia fans, men who as teens watched this with their friends on video tapes. It was OK, Arnie looked nice lots of flexing biceps. Since when does mud make you invisible to heat sensors?

First viewings of Phantasm II - IV as well, they were entertaining, but I made the right choice not spending £70 on the new set, they're not good enough for that money! I enjoyed 2, even though it was a bit too action based, I like the new Mike as well, the third was my worst one, why did they make Reggie a sex pest? I enjoyed OblIVion the best though, although popular opinion seems to disagree with me there

Dead-End Drive-In has been my surprise hit of the fortnight though, I absolutely loved it, I went in not knowing what to expect and it exceeded my wildest imagination. Great imagery, soundtrack, costumes, sets etc. Great stuff!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 8th May 2017, 11:35 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Last Action Hero (1993)

***1/2 out of *****

A Million Ways to Die in the West (2014)

*** out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 8th May 2017, 11:47 AM
Cult Addict

Watched Zombies Zombies Zombies (Aka Zombies vs Strippers).
As modern zombie and zombie comedies movies go (especially in the past 10 years). it's been such a lazy approach to making a horror flick, all of them tend to be generic and cliched up the backside and in order to make one worth watching you have to at least try and make it humorous and this one does try.
a chemist mixes some drugs up to make a super strain of crack for some lazy slob, some hooker steals some and turns into a zombie and then (just as i said with my critters reviews) chaos ensues.
the story is lazy, the gore and most of the acting is there. but there are 2 things this film has that makes it stand out above the rest. 1st is being the dialogue whoever wrote the script has to get praise as this has some memorable lines of dialogue and 2nd is Johnny "Backhand" Vegas a pimp who has some of the best lines in the whole movie.
7/10 (more if you're watching with mates)
Old 8th May 2017, 11:50 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Watched Zombies Zombies Zombies (Aka Zombies vs Strippers).
As modern zombie and zombie comedies movies go (especially in the past 10 years). it's been such a lazy approach to making a horror flick, all of them tend to be generic and cliched up the backside and in order to make one worth watching you have to at least try and make it humorous and this one does try.
a chemist mixes some drugs up to make a super strain of crack for some lazy slob, some hooker steals some and turns into a zombie and then (just as i said with my critters reviews) chaos ensues.
the story is lazy, the gore and most of the acting is there. but there are 2 things this film has that makes it stand out above the rest. 1st is being the dialogue whoever wrote the script has to get praise as this has some memorable lines of dialogue and 2nd is Johnny "Backhand" Vegas a pimp who has some of the best lines in the whole movie.
7/10 (more if you're watching with mates)
Your score looks at odds with your review This is the kind of film that I might watch if it was on Netflix I keep seeing the DVD in HMV but happy to leave it on the shelf.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 8th May 2017, 11:51 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Your score looks at odds with your review This is the kind of film that I might watch if it was on Netflix I keep seeing the DVD in HMV but happy to leave it on the shelf.
the thing is i like schlock, i also praise it highly for the dialogue, which as a whole redeems most of it. also boobs

Like this? Share it using the links below!