All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th September 2008, 05:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Mother of Tears cost me 16 quid in Belfast HMV.
Seem's like we pay a few quid extra over here.

How much was the HG Lewis set Hal.
HG Lewis set was 20 quid Vips. Not bad at all really. They must have just got it in stock or something as I went in a day or so ago to pick up WSHD and they didn't have it then. I originally picked up a Demonic Toys boxset of 4 films for the same price but changed my mind when I saw the HG Lewis one. Reckon I probably made the right decision there
Old 16th September 2008, 01:13 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Yeah mate, i'd say the HG Lewis was the better option.

One time I looked in HMV , the HG Lewis collection was being sold of as single dvd's at 12 notes each, as was some of the Franco collection.
I got 2000 maniacs, 2 Franco's and the awefull LHODES.
LHODES cost me 17 quid. I dont know why I bought it as I had a pirate vhs I bought @ 94 for a fiver so I knew it was crap.
Old 16th September 2008, 11:06 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I quite liked LHODES I was expecting it to be really crap but quite enjoyed it. I don't know, I usually like films that are about snuff movies, maybe thats why. Think it cost me about the same amount, 17/18 quid, something like that.
Old 16th September 2008, 01:01 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Just ordered some brett piper flicks from amazon. Psyclops,bite me and the screaming dead.
Also ordered some low budget zombie flick,dorm of the dead,starring tiffany shepis and a dutch import of the killer cockroach movie,the nest. Yowza!

Plus loads of cheap 80's hair metal cds.
Old 16th September 2008, 11:09 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I Know Who Killed Me=i Know What's Just Wasted 100 Mins Of My Time...... Ms Lohan didn't even have the graciousness to get her kit off....lol
Old 17th September 2008, 11:48 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

More amazon bargains..violence in a womans prison(vipco) and masters of horror series2-box 2,?2.33 and ?9.19 apiece(plus p+p of course)
Old 17th September 2008, 12:17 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween_22 View Post
I quite liked LHODES I was expecting it to be really crap but quite enjoyed it. I don't know, I usually like films that are about snuff movies, maybe thats why. Think it cost me about the same amount, 17/18 quid, something like that.

I like any movie with a 'snuff' theme too Hardcore, 8mm, etc , but I didnt like LHODES for some reason.

Theres some good books on the subjact Hal, though all claim that a snuff movie were the actress / actor was deliberately killed for the camera and was made for distribution and comerical gain, has never been found. Thank God.

Im not into those fake snuff films though. Seen a couple and they're seriously disturbed shit.
Old 17th September 2008, 12:41 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I like any movie with a 'snuff' theme too Hardcore, 8mm, etc , but I didnt like LHODES for some reason.

Theres some good books on the subjact Hal, though all claim that a snuff movie were the actress / actor was deliberately killed for the camera and was made for distribution and comerical gain, has never been found. Thank God.

Im not into those fake snuff films though. Seen a couple and they're seriously disturbed shit.
I'll have to check out some of those books vip's, cheers. It really fascinates me too.
As for those fake snuff movies, yeah, some of them are really ****ed up, the August Underground sequels for example. Mordum was pretty stupid but the home invasion scene in Penance was truly horrible and far too realistic. I recently bought Bernard Rose's 'Snuff Movie' aswell but haven't got round to watching yet.

8MM was a great film, really enjoyed that. I can see why a lot of people don't like LHODES as it was a bit boring but it had a really grimey, sleazey feel to it that I quite liked, not to mention some pretty messed up scenes (The deer hoof one for example )
Old 17th September 2008, 01:11 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Bought a few bits recently:

THE FALL (US Blu-ray)
MAGNUM FORCE (UK Blu-ray)
THE ENFORCER (UK Blu-ray)
SUDDEN IMPACT (UK Blu-ray)
THE DEAD POOL (UK Blu-ray)
NEW CENTURIONS (R1)
DOLLARS (R1)
GONE (R2)
WAZ (R2)
REC (R2)
THE CABLE GUY (Uncut R2)
MARIA FULL OF GRACE (R2)
M. BUTTERFLY (R2)

Not had the chnace to watch any of them yet though
Old 17th September 2008, 04:15 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Paul do you know if Dawn of the dead and Land of the Dead are gonna get a UK release on BluRay .?

Also do you know if the UK PS3 will play US BluRay's.?

Final question, Do you know if The Fog on BluRay is of good quality, as a mate has it on HD DVD and its average at best.

Sorry for all the questions mate.

Like this? Share it using the links below!