Old 21st May 2021, 09:10 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
North By Northwest. 1959.

A advertising executive goes on the run after being mistaken to be a spy.

Classic Hitchcock action thriller with perfect espionage look to it, Cary Grant takes the lead as a business man Roger Thornhill who is mistaken to be a government spy and is being chased which leads him up to the finale of Mount Rushmore with Eva Marie Saint with some excellent cinematography.

James Stewart plays the villain Phillip Vandamm who seems to be one step ahead and trying to kill Roger with one of the best plane chase sequences and only the way Hitchcock can make it look real. When I first saw it I had no appreciation for this film I thought it was boring and dull, now this film is a amazing piece of work that gets better.

Attachment 233306
Is this a different version? The only version I'm aware of has James Mason as Philip Vandamm.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 21st May 2021, 09:17 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Beef flavour?!? Everyone knows that the only type of Monster Much is pickled onion lol...
The thought of pickled onion Monster Munch and Space Raiders has sent my salivary glands into overdrive!
Old 21st May 2021, 09:23 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Is this a different version? The only version I'm aware of has James Mason as Philip Vandamm.
Smart Alec you are Nos nobody picked up on that autocorrect again, I shouldn't be using my phone while commenting on stuff.
Old 21st May 2021, 09:32 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Smart Alec you are Nos nobody picked up on that autocorrect again, I shouldn't be using my phone while commenting on stuff.
I'm surprised no one else noticed
Old 21st May 2021, 12:28 PM
Cult Master

Can we stay on topic please i cant handle all this crisps talk
Old 21st May 2021, 01:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just for the record - Beef Monster Munch go better with Snake Bites than pickled onion flavour.
Justin101 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 21st May 2021, 01:33 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace (1999) ★★

For the most part, it's badly written, meandering and boring, and Jar Jar Binks is a horrendous character, grating and borderline offensive.

However, the pod race is genuinely engaging and the sequence with Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi taking on Darth Maul is really well edited and superbly scored.

It's not a terrible film, but it's not close to being mediocre either.

Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002) ★

A ponderous and dull film without any interesting dialogue, a romantic subplot without any romance, wooden performances from Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman, a supporting character (C-3PO) who is nearly as irritating as Jar Jar Binks, and dated CGI.

I did laugh when Christopher Lee's Count Dooku escaped across the desert on a speeder and looked like someone had photoshopped an old man on a mobility scooter.

Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith (2005) ★★½

Of the films in the Star Wars prequel trilogy, Revenge of the Sith was too late and too mediocre. Some films are made mediocre, some films achieve mediocrity, and some films have mediocrity thrust upon them. With Revenge of the Sith it had been all three. Even amongst films lacking in distinction it stood out as lacking more distinction than all the rest, and people who watched it were always impressed by how unimpressive it was. (With apologies to Joseph Heller.)
Old 21st May 2021, 01:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace (1999) ★★

For the most part, it's badly written, meandering and boring, and Jar Jar Binks is a horrendous character, grating and borderline offensive.

However, the pod race is genuinely engaging and the sequence with Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi taking on Darth Maul is really well edited and superbly scored.

It's not a terrible film, but it's not close to being mediocre either.

Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002) ★

A ponderous and dull film without any interesting dialogue, a romantic subplot without any romance, wooden performances from Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman, a supporting character (C-3PO) who is nearly as irritating as Jar Jar Binks, and dated CGI.

I did laugh when Christopher Lee's Count Dooku escaped across the desert on a speeder and looked like someone had photoshopped an old man on a mobility scooter.

Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith (2005) ★★½

Of the films in the Star Wars prequel trilogy, Revenge of the Sith was too late and too mediocre. Some films are made mediocre, some films achieve mediocrity, and some films have mediocrity thrust upon them. With Revenge of the Sith it had been all three. Even amongst films lacking in distinction it stood out as lacking more distinction than all the rest, and people who watched it were always impressed by how unimpressive it was. (With apologies to Joseph Heller.)
If you think they are bad you should see the three recent ones made by Disney. The second was so awful i haven't even seen the third one.
Old 21st May 2021, 02:34 PM
Cult Addict

I thought The Force Awakens was up there with the original trilogy. Actually better than Return of the Jedi. The Last Jedi is messy however and Rise of Skywalker is genuinely rubbish. Complete rubbish.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 21st May 2021, 03:01 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
[COLOR="Yellow"][B]

Just for this you should give an extra star

On topic:

During the 80's everything was possible, "Let's do a slasher movie with a samurai" - low budget movie, slow pace to a point getting boring, but in the end it's worth a watch, it's not ever day you see someone in a full samurai suit killing people.

And a thumbs up for the soundtrack, who doesn't dream to listen to classic music while people are having sex, or killing other people?

Like this? Share it using the links below!