All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179713Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th October 2008, 06:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
I'll probably pick up Flavia & Torso tomorrow in Derby.I saw Brian Yuzna's Rottweiler on Zone Horror & thought it was one of his worst films sadly.I like the look of Hood Of Horror as I'm a sucker for anthology films.I don't know if you've seen the OOP r1 disc of Tales From The Hood but that was pretty entertaining .
Yeah mark, i have tales from the hood,great little film,with a suitably nasty turn from wings hauser as a racist cop.

Rottweiler that bad? I have a film in the to watch pile called vicious,which sounds pretty similar to rottweiler,and it stars tom savini,so cant be all bad,hopefully!
Old 9th October 2008, 06:39 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I also bought this dude from HMV last week..let's hope it's okay....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 9th October 2008, 06:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALL DUDE View Post
Yeah mark, i have tales from the hood,great little film,with a suitably nasty turn from wings hauser as a racist cop.

Rottweiler that bad? I have a film in the to watch pile called vicious,which sounds pretty similar to rottweiler,and it stars tom savini,so cant be all bad,hopefully!
I have a soft spot for canine horrors including the Robert Clouse film The Pack (1977),Dogs (1976) & Rottweiler Dogs/Hounds (?) Of Hell (Thorn EMI)but I'm afraid Yuzna's film was hugely disappointing.Never mind .you may think differently
Old 9th October 2008, 06:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
You're a lucky person having that dvd Mark-I've just opened it to find that it's identiclal to that bloody cheap fullscreen U.S. disc!
Check out www.ezydvd.com for the artwork shown Mark-I'm sure you'll agree,even in fullscreen that the beautiful artwork shown is irresistable.....
Shame that mate.I've seen the artwork to the aussie & italian discs.That's in fullscreen too,so sadly for all its flaws the AB disc is probably the definitive release to date.Here's hoping any rights issues will be resolved and somebody like Optimum can release it in the UK.I'm sure if Warner still had the rights they would've released it at the same time as the vastly inferior Dracula AD 1972 disc?
Old 9th October 2008, 06:50 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah,Studio Canal/optimum probably do hold the rights.I'm now the proud owner of three of these.....
Have you ever heard of no.3 mate?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51FDY8NEAQL__SS500_.jpg (57.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 51Pag59t26L__SS500_.jpg (41.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 51KAMoIHakL__SS500_.jpg (38.0 KB, 3 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 9th October 2008, 06:55 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It's listed aspect ratio is 1.85.1 and is a 2 disc set-however,I don't hold much hope when the 2nd disc is music 'inspired by the SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA'

Old 9th October 2008, 07:32 PM
Cult Acolyte

Some cool covers there, reaper. And speaking of Hammer...

Scream Of Fear
Part of the Icons Of Horror, this is probabaly the gem of the set. Excellent b&w chiller, with some great performances and shocks. I've waited a long time to see this one and I wasn't disappointed. Excellent pq, by the way.

And not talking of Hammer...

The Devil's Men
Peter Cushing And Donald Pleasance get mixed up in Satanic shennanegins in this strange 70's occult flick. This seems to get a bit of a mauling from reviewers, but I quite enjoyed it, even though it doesn't really make any sense This UK release from DD is the full uncut version.
Old 9th October 2008, 08:12 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah I'm glad I got all the DD releases when they were out-they're all oop now,aren't they?

Old 9th October 2008, 08:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Yeah I'm glad I got all the DD releases when they were out-they're all oop now,aren't they?
Seem to be, mate.

It's a real shame the company was bought over and it all went tits up - they released some cracking stuff. I have a good few of their releases but still have some more to get ( Play and Amazon have some in stock ).

Really glad I picked up The Creeping Flesh when it was first released, as it doesn't seem to be available anywhere now.
Old 10th October 2008, 10:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I've just ordered Crazies, Hatchet for the Honeymoon and Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things, all ?2.99 in the play.com sale! I was also looking at The Collingswood Story at the same price but I've heard mixed reviews on this one - anyone seen it?

Like this? Share it using the links below!