Old 6th January 2022, 06:55 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Body Double. 1984.

Remember being a voyeur can get you into a different kind of trouble.

Attachment 238489
Remember now boys and girls....Mr B is speaking from experience here....

Great fim though.
Much prefer Body Double to Raising Cain,Blow Out or Sisters.
One of De Palma's finest after Scarface,Carlito and The Untouchables.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 6th January 2022, 07:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Remember now boys and girls....Mr B is speaking from experience here....

Great fim though.
Much prefer Body Double to Raising Cain,Blow Out or Sisters.
One of De Palma's finest after Scarface,Carlito and The Untouchables.
Dam my secret is out

Scarface and The Untouchables are classic films, wasn't keen on Carlito's Way

Raising Cain and Sisters are good thrillers
Old 6th January 2022, 07:47 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah they are good thrillers.But Ms Griffith tips the scale everytime!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 6th January 2022, 07:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah they are good thrillers.But Ms Griffith tips the scale everytime!
Yeah I agree with that
Old 6th January 2022, 08:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
This happened with the film Mindwarp for me. I bought the Eureka disc as i thought i'd love it. Sadly i didn't. Watched it for a second time last night. It simply did nothing at all for me. So today it went to Cex and my credit is £12 better off.

Thought the other post apocalyptic film i watched recently, Def Con-4 was much more fun.

I was going to take the plunge with The Last Matinee until i read your last sentence.
Maybe I should add that 'slips away' in this instance is more about it slipping out of mind and onto the back shelves. But it's still a film I'd keep. Again, another case of it all coming back to the idea that, for me, a lot of these films are fun and enjoyable but maybe just too much of a stretch these days when it comes to a blind punt on a high-end package. 'The Last Matinee' has been very well received overall though, and you know what kind of shite I bang on about, so by extension it's pretty likely I don't always pick up on the quality stuff either.

Funny about 'Mindwarp' - I just couldn't dig that one, and for some reason I was quite keyed up for it. Just looked like some people shouting in a red-lit cave to me. Frustratingly though it had some good stuff in it too, enough to make the shortfall even more of a pain.
Old 6th January 2022, 09:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Barracuda. 1978.

A small town has unexplained attacks of creatures in the sea.

How many times has Jaws been ripped off, or how many films have been made that were inspired by Jaws? This is a bit different that a chemical plant seems responsible for polluting the water and two government agents are sent to investigate. Did I miss something or were the kills far and few in between each other and was the suspense missed out? The acting wasn't great nor terrible but the ending was done a bit quick and unexpected. Maybe a re-watch will help.

220px-Barracuda_-_Film_1978.jpg
Old 6th January 2022, 09:58 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
Maybe I should add that 'slips away' in this instance is more about it slipping out of mind and onto the back shelves. But it's still a film I'd keep. Again, another case of it all coming back to the idea that, for me, a lot of these films are fun and enjoyable but maybe just too much of a stretch these days when it comes to a blind punt on a high-end package. 'The Last Matinee' has been very well received overall though, and you know what kind of shite I bang on about, so by extension it's pretty likely I don't always pick up on the quality stuff either.

Funny about 'Mindwarp' - I just couldn't dig that one, and for some reason I was quite keyed up for it. Just looked like some people shouting in a red-lit cave to me. Frustratingly though it had some good stuff in it too, enough to make the shortfall even more of a pain.
Glad it's not just me with Mindwarp. It really felt like something i should enjoy but couldn't get into it at all. Too much arsing around in caves like you say.
Old 6th January 2022, 10:25 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Was just having some sort of banter, No offence at all should be taken,

Because J Harker suggested why he persist with marvel, what’s Marvel superhero the same as dc, it was only a light hearted joke because I don’t know the difference of which superhero belongs to marvel or dc.
Don't think anyone's offended buddy. I just wasn't sure what you meant that's all. I enjoy both Marvel and DC films, for what they are. Under a little scrutiny they all fall apart.

Last edited by J Harker; 7th January 2022 at 08:43 AM.
Old 6th January 2022, 11:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Dead Zone. 1983.

Combine a piece of work from Stephen King, with a great director David Cronenberg and brilliant actor Christopher Walken and you get this little piece of a shocker.

Always found the book to be a bit more exciting and edge of your seat read, but the film is great except for the rushed ending. Tom Skerritt plays the Castle Rock sheriff who wants Walken psychic abilities to help find a serial killer that's targeting his small town. Martin Sheen plays the up and coming politician who may want to start something new and be seen as the hero. Herbert Lom plays the doctor who looks into the ability and may give out the wrong answers but he is always great to watch.

This is not a horror as such, it is more psychological chiller, there is no jump scares but one good suicide scene that can be seen as grotesque and one or two scenes that may be upsetting as they involve innocent children. It's Walken's acting that make you appeal to his character as he is given a ability he didn't want and unsure whether he wants to use it for the good of his nature. Another one I forgot that was set during winter time.

large_3BmnYiBnNyehqZjfK3Py3KEYPVT.jpg
Old 7th January 2022, 07:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A enjoyable WW2 action movie about a small group of allies sent too destroy a pair of giant guns on a small Greek island. Has a great cast but do think it could of been a tad shorter in length.

Have too say I enjoyed this it's not as bad as I thought from the trailers and the reviewers , while it will never been considered a classic it was fast-paced with some great battle scenes and a great cast.

Now watching.

Like this? Share it using the links below!