Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th April 2020, 10:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I watched the Child's Play reboot as I noticed it was on Netflix, let's just say, I thought it was going to be bad, but it was actually really fun and I had a great time watching it. Chucky was creepy (although not intimidating) and some of the death set pieces were pretty gruesome! Worth a watch for sure.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by it myself
Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 19th April 2020, 11:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Drive In Massacre. 1976.

A California drive in theater becomes a slaughter ground for a serial killer.

This may not be the best slasher movie ever made, in the right frame of mind it can be a laugh to watch, not one of my favorite movies but do enjoy going back to it every so often (or in this case every few years). The acting isn't brilliant...except the two police officers doing a steakout in the drive thru. What were the creators trying to do, make a horror or a ninja movie, maybe some serial killer movies can take a leaf from this guy and practice how to be quiet. It may sound daft and seeing the some what fake blood still worth a watch.

MV5BMTI5MDQ1MjE0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTA0Mjk4._V1_.jpg

Last edited by MrBarlow; 20th April 2020 at 12:14 AM.
Old 19th April 2020, 11:48 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Drive In Massacre. 1976.

A California drive in theater becomes a slaughter ground for a serial killer.

This may not be the best slasher movie ever made, in the right frame of mind it can be a laugh to watch, not one of my favorite movies but do enjoy going back to it every so often (or in this case every few years). The acting isn't brilliant...except the to police officers doing a steakout in the drive thru. What were the creators trying to do, make a horror or a ninja movie, maybe some serial killer movies can take a leaf from this guy and practice how to be quiet. It may sound daft and seeing the some what fake blood still worth a watch.

Attachment 223916
Im a big fan of this its great fun the steak out is hilarious
Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.
Old 20th April 2020, 12:14 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Im a big fan of this its great fun the steak out is hilarious
Forgot how funny it was, just about spat out my coffee
Old 20th April 2020, 02:19 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dominique is dead. 1979.

A husband of a rich wife drives his wife to the brink of suicide, only to believe he is being haunted by her ghost.

Nice stylish horror/ thriller starring Cliff Robertson as David who intends to have his wife's money and begins playing mind games with her. Jean Simmons plays the wife Dominique driven to suicide. Simon Ward plays the friend and chauffeur who is drawn into the mystery and if Dominique is actually dead and Jenny Agutter as the half sibling of David. This is full of suspense and very tense moments right up to the end with a nice plotted twist added in this British atmospheric mansion. Recommended.
Old 20th April 2020, 02:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Return Of The Living Dead (1985, Dan O'Bannon)

"Do you waaannna PARDY??!"
Ahem. A bunch of "punkers" have more than society's disgust to deal with after one of their number inadvertently causes a chemical spill at work. Still a lot of fun this one. The effects are still effective and the set pieces are still quite gruesome really.

My Bodyguard (1980, Tony Bill)

Adam Baldwin and Matt Dillon and an incredibly young Joan Cusack (braces even already!) star in this "coming of age" flick. New boy falls foul of the school bully yadda yadda .... befriends kooky girl and towering behemoth (Baldwin looks at least 5 years older than the rest of the cast ) to help him get through it all. Martin Mull pops up now and then but Ruth Gordon steals the show as an aging gadabout!!

Vicious Lips (1986, Albert F Pyun)

The strangest "band make it" flick since Leningrad Cowboys Go America. When the Lips (YEAH) need a new singer, no problem, the manager nips down to the local high school talent show and schmoozes an innocent lass into their world weary scene. Space travel sends them literally "to the stars"
It seems to have been made using two sets. A hoot.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 20th April 2020, 03:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

First off a Hammer Films double bill..

quatermass-xperiment-poster.jpg X-The_Unknown-1956-1.jpg
THE QUATERMASS XPERIMENT (1955) X THE UNKNOWN (1956)

Then taking me into the small hours of this morning..

the-fall-of-the-house-of-usher.jpg
THE FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER (1960)
Old 20th April 2020, 07:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom

This was one of those films I never got round to see and to be honest, I got bored, it seemed forever to get to the cult scenes and to be honest I was disappointed by this. It's definitely one of those, I would have enjoyed it better if I had seen it years ago.

Johnny Be Good

Antony Michael Hall stars as a high school American Football player who is sought after by all the major colleges and we see all the negotiation tactics involved. Robert Downey JR and Uma Thurman co-star (I'm guessing that if this gets a blu ray release, they will be front and center of the cover) it's a very enjoyable film and certainly one that makes you wonder if all these negotiation tactics actually go on.

Dig!

Documentary on The Dandy Warhols and The Brian Johnstown Massacre which focuses on how one band were trying to make a career out of music and the self-destruction either willingly or unintentional. As I am a fan of The Dandy Warhols, I found this quite fascinating.

The Punisher (1989)

This is the Dolph Lundgren version and it's still entertaining after all these years. May give the Thomas Jane version a go as the story changed for the most part.
Just to let you know I am LOVING your 3-at-a-time reviews!!!!
Concise, honest, and reminding me of a few that I loved back in the day. Just one question: How the FOOK do you find the time to watch so many movies? I watched half of The Gate last night, fell asleep & had to get up for work!

I salute you!
Old 20th April 2020, 10:23 PM
Active Cultist

curtas 5.jpg

Vuelven

A dark fairy tale about a gang of five children trying to survive the horrific violence of the cartels and the ghosts created every day by the drug war.

A beautiful movie, speaking about a huge problem in Mexico without being to violent or to much TV friendly (Yes I'm looking at you Narcos) - Recommend.

Autostop rosso sangue

A bickering couple driving cross-country pick up a murderous hitchhiker who threatens to kill them unless they take him to a sanctuary. In return he agrees to split some bank loot he has on him.

Corinne Cléry that's it - we don't need anything else Watch the movie.

La nuit des traquées

A woman is taken to a mysterious clinic whose patients have a mental disorder in which their memories and identities are disintegrating as a result of a strange environmental accident.

What happen's when Jean Rollin decides to leave his safe side (vampires) and moves into something different, it looks like he spend to much time reading King and watching Cronenberg in the end, he does a snooze fest - Boring and painful, avoid at all costs.

A Lizard in a Woman's Skin

The potentially unhinged daughter of a British politician is accused of killing her hedonistic neighbour after she witnesses the murder in a dream.

It's funny to see Fulci outside the Zombie/Supernatural universe, on this movie he manage to show some proper skills, spilt screen, De Palma tricks and an interesting story, and of course gore - the scenes with the dogs it's completely hilarious - no reason at all to be there only to show the audience it's a Fulci movie -
Old 20th April 2020, 10:31 PM
Cult Addict

I really like Hitch Hike, toptastic mate.
Graveyard likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Like this? Share it using the links below!