All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd March 2022, 02:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
You're right in that it's rubbish, looking and sounding like a film made by amateurs with no money. It's even worse than Jean Rollin and Julian de Laserna's Zombie Lake
I'm trying to forget about Zombie Lake Nos
Old 2nd March 2022, 02:47 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
I'm trying to forget about Zombie Lake Nos
In that case, I'd advise staying well away from crappy, bargain basement films like Oasis of the Zombies.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 2nd March 2022, 03:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

MV5BNjQ4N2Q3MmMtOGZkYy00MGJhLTg3OTktYTAzOWNjY2QwZDc5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY4MjI1MQ@@._V1_.jpg
CHARLIE CHAN in 'BLACK MAGIC' (1944)

Chan and Number Three daughter, with chauffeur Benjamin Brown, try to solve a mystery of a shooting at a seance after a ghost appears!
Fun movie with Sidney Toler as a very likable Chan and Mantan Moreland does what he does best when when there are spooks about!

Murders+in+the+Zoo+Theatrical+Poster.jpg
MURDERS IN THE ZOO (1933)

Lionel Atwill on fine form as a jelaous Zoologist who takes revenge on anybody who has designs on his wife Kathleen Burke (The Panther Woman from Island Of Lost Souls). Lots of pre code goings on here such as a mouth sewn shut and Burke chucked in to the Alligators!
Comic relief from the irritating Charlie Ruggles. He really gets on your nerves no matter how many times you have seen this movie!
Old 2nd March 2022, 03:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Last American Soldier. 1988.

Is there anything the Italians won't rip-off in the film industry? Also known as "Commander", a take on the film Commando no doubt and Craig Alan playing the title role to go to Vietnam and steal documents from a Russian base. This is clearly a rip on the Rambo movies and the guy has nearly the same length and style of Rambo from the second film. There is a good amount of action but may be upsetting with children seen dead, daft as it may be this was a nice bit of entertainment.

ab29cda4fd6842eef9ba796ece1bc8fb5fd1c0d5dbad7c98fb20ce0bacf108f5._UY500_UX667_RI_V_TTW_.jpg
Old 2nd March 2022, 04:09 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Oasis of The Zombies. 1982.

An expedition team are on the hunt for lost gold that was hidden by the Nazi's during WWII and come across a horde of zombies that are protecting the gold.

Is it just me or did Jess Franco really not care about making this film? This is not his best movie, Even the zombies look like they are fed up, the actors must have been thinking that this must be their lowest point of no return in life. Some parts the dubbing seems to be out of sync and the dialogue has a few added in laughs. If you want a zombie film with decent Nazi zombie's you be better watching Dead Snow or Shock Waves.

Attachment 239287
I'm pretty sure that on the Nucleus Video Nasty DVD, they said that he didn't want to do it however his backers did.

The Trailer they showed must be one of the most boring and dullest I've seen.
Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.
Old 2nd March 2022, 04:11 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Exclamation

Quote:
The Last American Soldier. 1988.

Is there anything the Italians won't rip-off in the film industry? Also known as "Commander", a take on the film Commando no doubt and Craig Alan playing the title role to go to Vietnam and steal documents from a Russian base. This is clearly a rip on the Rambo movies and the guy has nearly the same length and style of Rambo from the second film. There is a good amount of action but may be upsetting with children seen dead, daft as it may be this was a nice bit of entertainment.

Attachment 239294
Italian rip off films would make a nice little series for 88 Films
Old 2nd March 2022, 08:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Final Reprisal. 1988.

A former Sergeant of the U.S. Military now living in Thailand as a advisor for the special forces who's past catches up to him.

Gary Daniels takes the lead who was involved in a operation that went sour with the death of the targets daughter, now the father wants revenge. This was a bit tough to watch with the killings of children, and a torture scene seems to go on for a bit longer the necessary, there is some good fight scenes with Daniels being able to take a punch and a kick as well as dish them out. There is a few bars on the background score from Rambo II. Entertaining enough.

Final_Reprisal-271948420-mmed.jpg
Old 3rd March 2022, 05:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Rewatched the Benicio del Toro remake of The Wolf Man. I do like it but my big problem is the overuse of cgi during transformation moments. I'm not certain that computer effects should be so heavily used when you have Rick Baker working on your film. Seems at odds with the more traditional look of much of the movie. Still the cinematography is admirable and the pluses far outweigh the negatives. btw I'll be very interested to see a trailer for the forthcoming Ryan Gosling Wolf Man, interesting that Universal would remake it again.
Old 3rd March 2022, 06:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

East Is East. 1999.

Immigrant George Khan tries to raise his children in the proper Muslim way in England 1970s but they all clash together.

A bit of a drama film that center's on the way how culture's clash together Mr Khan being religious and proud of his heritage and raising 6 children the proper "Pakastani" way. The comedy is added in when the children feel they were born in England and should not have to be following in their father footsteps of tradition. Om Puri may be remembered for this film as Mr Khan who is always threatening to bring over Mrs Khan number one cos Mr Khan number two is causing problems. Right from the start you can tell the children are rebelling by joining a parade. 23 years since this film was released and still bring in the laughs.

tDchJ4mB23vGgwdQCmq9FCQ4W23.jpg
Old 3rd March 2022, 07:10 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Watch Me When I kill (1977)

A really poor release by Shameless, said to be remastered. To put it bluntly it looks like crap.

A fun, not too gory giallo from Antonio Bido, the murder with the casserole in the oven is particularly memorable. Weirdly the plot meanders it's way back to WWII Nazi collaborators by the finale.

I do prefer the films original Italian title - The Cat with the Jade Eyes.

I'll do a proper review when i get the 88 Films Blu-ray.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Watch_Me_When_I_Kill.jpg (26.7 KB, 3 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!