Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th March 2022, 10:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Unbreakable. 2000.

David Dunn is the sole survivor of a train crash and learns something extraordinary about himself.

After The Sixth Sense M. Night Shyamalan created something very different that focuses on comic book collector Elijah Price played brilliantly by Samuel L. Jackson who suffers from a genetic disorder that his bones break and finds out there is someone opposite to him, David played by Bruce Willis, who isn't a action star but a family man in a simple job with problems.

This isn't really fast paced but slow that is done deliberately for the character build up between the two main stars as we learn from their past, there can be moments of tension that is built up greatly with a good back ground score and does have Shyamalan's idea of a good twist added in with Price's ending speech that makes it feel like a superhero film with his nickname "Mr Glass".

unbreak-1.jpg
Old 17th March 2022, 10:17 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Unbreakable. 2000.

David Dunn is the sole survivor of a train crash and learns something extraordinary about himself.

After The Sixth Sense M. Night Shyamalan created something very different that focuses on comic book collector Elijah Price played brilliantly by Samuel L. Jackson who suffers from a genetic disorder that his bones break and finds out there is someone opposite to him, David played by Bruce Willis, who isn't a action star but a family man in a simple job with problems.

This isn't really fast paced but slow that is done deliberately for the character build up between the two main stars as we learn from their past, there can be moments of tension that is built up greatly with a good back ground score and does have Shyamalan's idea of a good twist added in with Price's ending speech that makes it feel like a superhero film with his nickname "Mr Glass".

Attachment 239472
I've never seen this but bought Glass cheaply from Sainsbury's. I turned it off after twenty minutes. I never turn off films. It was unwatchable.
Old 17th March 2022, 10:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I've never seen this but bought Glass cheaply from Sainsbury's. I turned it off after twenty minutes. I never turn off films. It was unwatchable.
Unbreakable is certainly worth a watch and it's a lot better than The Village and The Happening
Old 17th March 2022, 10:45 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Unbreakable is certainly worth a watch and it's a lot better than The Village and The Happening
I bet it's not a comedy classic like Signs though.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 17th March 2022, 10:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I bet it's not a comedy classic like Signs though.
The only thing i remember about that film was Joaquin Phoenix shouting vamonos at the t.v.
Old 17th March 2022, 10:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
The only thing i remember about that film was Joaquin Phoenix shouting vamonos at the t.v.
I was laughing out loud at the car crash scene with the tree whilst in the cinema. I was getting some looks as well from people who thought i was being insensitive but it was so funny.
Old 17th March 2022, 10:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I was laughing out loud at the car crash scene with the tree whilst in the cinema. I was getting some looks as well from people who thought i was being insensitive but it was so funny.
Watching that bit I thought is she gonna say "tell Scarlett I don't give a dam" the way Jim Carrey said it in The Mask
Old 18th March 2022, 03:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rage. 2017.(aka Instant Death)

John Bradley, a former Spec Ops soldier suffering PTSD decides to travel to England and re-connect with his daughter and granddaughter. After seeing a killing, the local mob boss decides to attack his family, John wants his revenge.

I don't think i have seen anything done by director Ara Paiaya but he seems to get praise for his work, half the cast I don't think I have seen or heard of except main stair Lou Ferringo. At the Age of being 63-64 he still has the big physique and he doesn't slow down while packing a good punch.

This does have a lot of violence and some moments may be upsetting to others with a violent rape, beating, this may be seen as a British version of Death Wish and Rambo mixed together, although at times Ferringo seems to find it tough to act this was entertaining.

1564ed0d034eca715875b013a2f345762cb19339ca426c433824448b7e7cf91b._UY500_UX667_RI_V_TTW_.jpg
Old 18th March 2022, 08:36 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Unbreakable. 2000.
I recently bought the Blu-ray of Unbreakable after watching a video in which Quentin Tarantino named it as one of his favourite movies from 1992-2009. I've seen it once but can't remember what I thought about it at the time.

I wanted to watch again before re-watching Split.
Old 18th March 2022, 10:21 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I recently bought the Blu-ray of Unbreakable after watching a video in which Quentin Tarantino named it as one of his favourite movies from 1992-2009. I've seen it once but can't remember what I thought about it at the time.

I wanted to watch again before re-watching Split.
That was it - Split...not Glass.

Like this? Share it using the links below!