Like Tree179702Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th February 2023, 04:25 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Another that’s been in the watch pile for an eternity. Awful cover on the UK blu as well, the new US 4k has the proper poster artwork on the front. I wonder if that has no special features either?
You really should watch it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Justin101 and nicholasrope like this.
Old 27th February 2023, 04:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
You really should watch it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
I will do soon! Just booked a week off work, last week of my annual leave before it resets in April Going to watch plenty of films then.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 27th February 2023, 07:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Freehold. 2017.

A different take on a home invasion, what starts as the main character getting sorted and leaving for work and seems like he has a super thin flatmate who isn't a flatmate at all but a homeless man. Basically there is only one set and that's inside the flat itself but there is quite a few tense moments, some pretty disgusting moments but there is a few dark humour comedy moments. Javier Botet and Mim Shaikh play both the main leads and even though it can be a bit slow at times this was worth a watch.

MV5BYWYxNjM5NTEtYjg3NS00YThmLTgyZGQtYjc3YmM2MGIzOWIzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY2NTc3NjA@._V1_.jpg
Old 27th February 2023, 07:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Freehold. 2017.

A different take on a home invasion, what starts as the main character getting sorted and leaving for work and seems like he has a super thin flatmate who isn't a flatmate at all but a homeless man. Basically there is only one set and that's inside the flat itself but there is quite a few tense moments, some pretty disgusting moments but there is a few dark humour comedy moments. Javier Botet and Mim Shaikh play both the main leads and even though it can be a bit slow at times this was worth a watch.

Attachment 244915
Ever seen a Korean flick called 3 Iron MrB? Recommended if not.
nicholasrope and MrBarlow like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 27th February 2023, 08:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Taxi Hunter (1993, Herman Yau)

Anthony Wong as a mild mannered office worker?
Fear not.
Whilst not as heightened as some of his other performances, this was worth the wait. When his dreams are torn asunder by a callous cabby, what's our boy to do but ape Travis Bickle slightly, only slightly mind
I recommend this one.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 27th February 2023, 08:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Ever seen a Korean flick called 3 Iron MrB? Recommended if not.
Never seen it Demon but it's noted down for viewing
Demoncrat and nicholasrope like this.
Old 27th February 2023, 09:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Earth Vs The Spider. 2001.

A shy comic book fan gets injected with a serum that slowly transform him into a spider and tends to be a hero.

A somewhat horror version of Spider-Man with Dan Arkroyd playing detective while his wife Theresa Russell is playing about with his colleague Christopher Cousins. Devon Gummersall plays the shy quiet security guard who fails at his job and injects himself with a lab serum and changes his DNA to a insect. Stan Winston delivers his magic again with the effects that are helped with some good make up creations, this may not be a solid movie but entertaining enough.

MV5BMTEzOTE3ODQwNzBeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDgxMzY4MDMx._V1_.jpg
Old 27th February 2023, 11:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Family Of Cops II. 1997.

Charles Bronson returns as the head of the family of law and Order, this time investigating the killing of a priest who had ties with a Russian Mob which the family becomes a target. Bronson is showing his age but shows he can still act and still pack a punch or two and take down a few guys along the way. The acting in this isnt too bad even though the plot seems a bit daft in places this was decent enough to pass the time away.

MV5BMGJjMjkwZDYtOTc4NC00NmYxLWFlOWEtZmE0OTliN2M2ZGY1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_.jpg
Old 28th February 2023, 04:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

We Still Steal The Old Way. 2017.

Ian Ogilvy, Christopher Ellison and Tony Denham return as The Archer Gang, pulling off a heist and getting caught they are remanded in custody, getting caught was part of the plan. Patrick Berlin joins in as old Briggs and fellow Archer member. Billy Murray plays the gangs rival who also wants to settle a score. The first film was really good, especially watching old people trying to figure out technology while another is a whizz with it, aside from not having the appearance of James Cosmo this is still a hoot and a laugh. You can tell these guys have been inside and no stranger to prisons, a few cross over references to another prison film is included. As for a sequel this was entertaining and the laughs do come with it a bit more.

images (1).jpg
Old 28th February 2023, 05:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Never seen it Demon but it's noted down for viewing
Enjoy! It's worth the wait imho ...
nicholasrope and MrBarlow like this.

[B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!