All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th February 2011, 09:50 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
Anyone think we will ever see The Whole Bloody Affair get a release?
I seriously hope so too. Tarantino's one of my favourite director's and I'd kill to see this in hi-def but I can't really justify double-dipping just for the (almost) bare bones BD.

Last night I watched the Argento cut of Dawn of the Dead for the very first time. It was ok, not as good as the theatrical cut by a long shot but an interesting experience.
Old 8th February 2011, 09:53 AM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I seriously hope so too. Tarantino's one of my favourite director's and I'd kill to see this in hi-def but I can't really justify double-dipping just for the (almost) bare bones BD.

Last night I watched the Argento cut of Dawn of the Dead for the very first time. It was ok, not as good as the theatrical cut by a long shot but an interesting experience.
I agree with that, I wont be upgrading from the DVD's any time soon. In fact I waited off buying KBI & II on DVD for years hoping TWBA would suface.

Also agree on the Argento cut, its ok, but the thatrical reins supreme!
Old 8th February 2011, 10:46 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched The Final Destination last night. I don't have or at the moment intened to get a 3d tv. So watching this film in 2d was a bit crap. You can see which effects were filmed for 3d, but it just looked silly in 2d. I have heard this is the same for Resident Evil also.

I think the idea of 3d is good for giving the viewer a better concept of depth. But when 3d is used for the sole purpose to have things fly out from the tv. Well that's why I won't be getting it as a bad film will still be bad with 3d.
Old 8th February 2011, 11:11 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Watched The Final Destination last night. I don't have or at the moment intened to get a 3d tv. So watching this film in 2d was a bit crap. You can see which effects were filmed for 3d, but it just looked silly in 2d. I have heard this is the same for Resident Evil also.

I think the idea of 3d is good for giving the viewer a better concept of depth. But when 3d is used for the sole purpose to have things fly out from the tv. Well that's why I won't be getting it as a bad film will still be bad with 3d.
yeah some of the effects in 2D do look dodgy.
they said 3D TV was one of the biggest tech failures of 2010.
Most people do not want to spend £1k on a TV AND another £100 on glasses each!

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 8th February 2011, 04:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Watched jean rollins the escapees last night.What a load of boring old twaddle that was although the disc did have a half hour doc with the man talking about his films and some dodgy trailers.
Old 8th February 2011, 09:25 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I quite liked The Escapees, Tall Dude; although I am a big Rollin fan so I wouldn't necessarily say that my opinion was completely unbiased.

Had a Rollin double-bill these past two nights, actually with the 2002 Dracula's Fiancée and the 1968 Rape of the Vampire.
Old 9th February 2011, 07:55 AM

Last night I watched Hapkido and Drunken Master II. Both films have someo of the best fight choeograhpy I've ever seen, even though DM II may well be a bit sped up at times (anyone got an opinion on that?).

I dont think I could ever get bored of watching Angela Mao Ying. Anyone got any good suggestions of other films she's in?
Old 9th February 2011, 09:05 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've still not seen DM II. I'm waiting on an uncut 2.35 anamorphic release.
Old 9th February 2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I've still not seen DM II. I'm waiting on an uncut 2.35 anamorphic release.
I have a reigon 2 copy that is uncut and has english subs, but unfortunatly not anamorphic, plus the quality of the trasfer is pretty abismal.

However the film is so fantastic that I would say its worth gettting (if you dont pay too much) despite these drawbacks
Old 9th February 2011, 12:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

watched Monsters (Grant Edwards, 2010)...interesting take on "aliens have landed!" scenario...NOT for everyone i add.
also Due Date (Todd Philips, 2010?) lurching between "heartwrenching" and a quite frankly cartoon style mayhem may not sit well with some viewers, but then i like The 7th Curse/Ebola Syndrome et al, go figure.

Like this? Share it using the links below!