Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th May 2011, 08:13 PM
Active Cultist

Enter the Void. Being a fan of Noe's other stuff I was looking forward to it. Dissapointed. Over-indulgent druggie bollox, repetitive to the point of nausea. Could have easily been an hour shorter.

Blood Rayne - the third reich. You can always rely on Uwe Boll for some decent sillyness. Enjoyed.
Old 25th May 2011, 09:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by re.form View Post
Enter the Void. Being a fan of Noe's other stuff I was looking forward to it. Dissapointed. Over-indulgent druggie bollox, repetitive to the point of nausea. Could have easily been an hour shorter.

Blood Rayne - the third reich. You can always rely on Uwe Boll for some decent sillyness. Enjoyed.
I loved Enter The Void
its like marmite

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 25th May 2011, 09:28 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by re.form View Post

I still want to check out Enter the Void to see whether it's brilliant all crap!

Bloodrayne: The Third Reich, on the other hand was just rubbish.
Old 26th May 2011, 01:49 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I just seen Seconds Apart, one of new After Dark flicks

its a decent flick overall, not great but it is a After Dark movie. By their standards this was good. Enjoyed it.

I then saw Burning Palms, now.....this is a VERY politicly incorrect and "offensive" flick but it is very funny and entertaining!!! I loved it!!!! I not seen many movies like this before.
It is a anthology of 5 stories based in LA and features incest, suicide, racism, gay sex, straight sex, rape and even faecal matter! Some of the things they show you are like "are they really doing this!!!" but at the same time you cant help but be amused by it and so engrossed. Zoe Saldana is amazing in her segment and the acting is very good in all 5 segments. I gotta give it to the director to have the balls to make this AND to make it a good movie. Some people will hate it but meh I loved it.

Im not sure what the BBFC would make of the first segment as it features a actress who is obviously over 18 playing a 15 year old who goes topless and talks about sex with her farther.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 26th May 2011, 02:16 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Tobe Hooper's Crocodile

*WARNING* Possible spoilers. Just teeny weeny ones, but just wanted you to know ...

Just watched this tonight and rather enjoyed it. I was a bit hesitant at first but wanted it for my Tobe Hooper collection, and it was much better than I expected. If I had a couple of criticisms, it was that it was a bit slow to get going, and also that it was a bad idea to have so much of the film take place in daylight. Imo the middle of the film with the croc stalking the main characters at night was much more effective. More obvious is that some of the CGI was distinctly dodgy, which was a pity as I think the animatronic croc looked great. One thing that left me puzzled was all the references to the old hotel - you even see it in the film - but that goes absolutely nowhere. It was as if they intended for it to be a key part of the film, but then they just ran out of money and decided to just end the film.
Old 26th May 2011, 04:31 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched Angel heart last ....very good film
Old 26th May 2011, 06:13 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Bong Of The Dead
Starman
Critters
Old 26th May 2011, 12:43 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Watched Angel heart last ....very good film
Angel Heart is fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
Bong Of The Dead
Starman
Critters
I recently watched the Critters series end-to-end and it was great. It really seemed to come full circle at the end. I haven't seen Starman since I was about 8. I really need to check this one out again.
Old 26th May 2011, 01:06 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Gave Steel Trap another viewing last night.

If you haven't seen a Saw style slasher film in a while its certainly worth a watch.

Seven adventurous partygoers find themselves trapped in a sadistic game of death after accepting an invitation to a mysterious party. Once at the party the five guests and two gatecrashers discover a series of clues that will lead to either safety or in most cases certain death.

The film has a decent budget, and another non teen cast, which i always like. The Dimension Extreme version i watched featured some almost Fulci like close up kills which look impressive. The film is let down by the characters themselves non of which i particularly rooted for.

The UK dvd sleeve is attached below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg st2.jpg (12.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg st3.jpg (8.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg st5.jpg (6.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg st4.jpg (4.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg st1.jpg (4.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg st7.jpg (8.3 KB, 40 views)
Old 26th May 2011, 02:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

I was capping it for another thread and was so impressed with it I watched it again late last night 'Matthew Hopkins Witchfinder General'. Michael Reeves and Vincent Price at the top of their game. The Prism DVD uses a really good print, don't forget it's over 40 years old. looks beautiful, great evocation of of Britain at that time. And no bad thing I picked it up in the Pound shop for £1, best buy in a long while. If you like Hammer you'll adore this.
bdc likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!