All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th June 2011, 06:27 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Watched 'Inception' on Blu, really liked it, for a CGI it's pretty good. And is it just me or is good old Leo getting kinda cool in his middle-age, couldn't stand him when younger. More roles like that Leo.
You watched the behind the scenes features yet? You might be surprised at how many of the effects are achieved in-camera and not cgi (or only enhanced by cgi).
Old 20th June 2011, 06:46 PM
Cultist

I recently enjoyed Strip Nude for Your Killer and Dead Kids (aka Strange Behaviour).
Old 20th June 2011, 08:39 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched District 13 last night. I quite enjoyed it. Didn't have as mich free running as I expected but, enough to satisfy.
platostotal likes this.
Old 20th June 2011, 09:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Just watched the directors cut of DARK CITY. It was startling to watch, really visually spectacular and a great story too. Some sci-fi films (such as the matrix) leave me a little cold but this one had plenty of style, character and a great cast. Good to see Crystal Maze legend Richard O Brian on screen! The film itself was clearly inspired by things like Lang's METROPOLIS, film noir and the legendary anime film AKIRA

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti

Last edited by oaxaca; 21st June 2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old 21st June 2011, 12:15 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Saw Bram Strokers Dracula last nigh for the first time. I have to say that i was underwhelmed. It was ok, but had it not been for the lovely Winona Ryder, I probably wouldn't have watched it all
Old 21st June 2011, 12:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Saw Bram Strokers Dracula last nigh for the first time. I have to say that i was underwhelmed. It was ok, but had it not been for the lovely Winona Ryder, I probably wouldn't have watched it all
I thought it was decent rendition of Dracula; it wasn't a sombre affair like Herzog's Nosferatu and quite tongue in cheek but managed to create a good atmosphere and was superbly directed by Coppola.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 21st June 2011, 02:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
I've watched Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell. Very enjoyable experience indeed. A Hammer movie with a wink is typical for the 70s (just think of Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde). Cushing is great as usual and some of the dialogues are really nice. The final scene has quite a lot of gore - I wonder whether George A. Romero had seen this flick before shooting Dawn of the Dead.

And the last monologue of Cushing aka Frankenstein - pure genius!
My favourite Hammer horror, Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell is an excellent film which has been unfairly maligned over the years imo.It has everything a Hammer fan could want: Peter Cushing, atmosphere and buckets of Kensington gore.Unfortunately Dave Prowse's monster costume is a bit ropey but still fairly original.
Old 21st June 2011, 03:36 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Just watched Spielberg's Duel. I hadn't see this for years and had forgotten how good it is to be honest. I think some of it could have been a bitmore tense but it's a genuinely brilliant piece of film-making for both a debut feature and for a made-for-tv movie.
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 21st June 2011, 03:40 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Just watched Spielberg's Duel. I hadn't see this for years and had forgotten how good it is to be honest. I think some of it could have been a bitmore tense but it's a genuinely brilliant piece of film-making for both a debut feature and for a made-for-tv movie.
I also think that Duel is a masterpiece. So minimalist and yet so impressive.

I especially love the scene at Sally's Snakerama Gas Station.

Greetings!
Old 21st June 2011, 04:39 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
I also think that Duel is a masterpiece. So minimalist and yet so impressive.

I especially love the scene at Sally's Snakerama Gas Station.

Greetings!
Here comes one of my 'old enough to...' posts. But yes, saw Duel when it first aired, I was 12 I think. Even though adverts kinda hurt it, U.S. tv is plauged with em, still thought it a true horror gem. Couldn't wait to tell friends at school about it.
Prince_Vajda likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!