Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179666Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th June 2011, 02:03 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

watched these last yesterday...

Detective Dee:Mystery of The Phantom Flame, which was all right, not really that much of a fan of period martial arts films. It's linked because i reviewed it...

I Am Number Four: I really enjoyed this film, it's about a group of alien kids who escape their home planet and have been brought up on earth and it follows Number Four as he developes strange powers and how he is hunted by some nefarious evil aliens. Good fun.
Old 19th June 2011, 02:55 PM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

Well its not a film as such but a football dvd
MANCHESTER UNTED SEASON REVIEW 2010-2011
loved it!
Old 19th June 2011, 03:09 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
loved it!
i would rather put a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger than actively seek out anything to do with football...
Old 19th June 2011, 03:18 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
loved it!
Sounds like the sickest horror to me.
Old 19th June 2011, 03:31 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

As it tends to create some out-of-control arguments, could we please refrain from talking about sport?
Old 19th June 2011, 03:31 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Once again, a Horror classics evening.

I started with Black Sunday by Mario Bava. Not only did I steal my username from this gem - I still love it and think of it as one of the best Horror movies ever. Moody, creepy, scary. Wonderful black and white photography, a stunning performance of Barbara Steele - and a Dracula that could not look better: Arturo Dominici.

The second movie was The Witchfinder General: see http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/159035-post38.html for a short review.

After having seen the Vincent Price on Aspel & Company interview, I could not resist the temptation and had to watch The Tingler. The story is unbelievably bad - but the pace of the movie is great. It has some decent little shock moments, quite a bit of humour and an outstanding Vincent Price - therefore it was a lot of fun.

Greetings!
Old 19th June 2011, 03:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Sounds like the sickest horror to me.
Agreed!

Just watched the Mill Creek blu of the spaghetti western THE LAST GUN and it was ok, nothing special and a far cry from Sergio Bergonzelli's later work. The pq was pretty good - there where lots of scratches and scuffs but generally it was decent, especially considering how obscure a film it was. No complaints here.

And last night I watched the Severin blu of SANTA SANGRE. I'd never seen it before and I have to say it was excellent, totally bizarre. Loved it! I heard people complain about the blu-ray transfer but I don't know why because it looked superb. Those really anal people who complain about every blu-ray really need to get out more.
Old 19th June 2011, 03:43 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Agreed!

Just watched the Mill Creek blu of the spaghetti western THE LAST GUN and it was ok, nothing special and a far cry from Sergio Bergonzelli's later work. The pq was pretty good - there where lots of scratches and scuffs but generally it was decent, especially considering how obscure a film it was. No complaints here.

And last night I watched the Severin blu of SANTA SANGRE. I'd never seen it before and I have to say it was excellent, totally bizarre. Loved it! I heard people complain about the blu-ray transfer but I don't know why because it looked superb. Those really anal people who complain about every blu-ray really need to get out more.
Mill Creek do Blu ?

They barely do vhs quality.
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 19th June 2011, 03:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Mill Creek do Blu ?

They barely do vhs quality.
lol. Yeah, they released a spaghetti double featuring the above and 4 DOLLARS FOR REVENGE and they look surprisingly decent. Of course those anal folk would be fisting themselves with rage over the transfers but they complain about everything.
Old 19th June 2011, 03:53 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
lol. Yeah, they released a spaghetti double featuring the above and 4 DOLLARS FOR REVENGE and they look surprisingly decent. Of course those anal folk would be fisting themselves with rage over the transfers but they complain about everything.
Unbelievable, i have a mostly unwatched box of 40 Mill Creek spaghetti westerns and neither film is on it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!