Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179661Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th August 2011, 02:18 PM
Cult Addict

Redemptions dvd's were rather good. I still have grapees of death, still the best quality presentation of that movie I have ever seen.

Glad to hear theres going to be a comeback for redemption, i'm genuinelly looking forward to seeing what they release.

(hopefully some top-notch jean rollin films!)
Old 4th August 2011, 02:32 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Just watched Hellraiser. Don't think I've seen it since I was about 14.

Is the Anchor Bay bluray cut at all or is the film just edited a bit clumsily? The scene where Julia hammers the first guy to death seemed really choppy, and not in an intentional way
Old 4th August 2011, 03:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Currently watching this: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312470523.988052.jpg
I've got to say that Blue Underground have done a fantastic job with this, the best I've seen the film look

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.734460,-1.831834
- The boat can leave now, tell the crew
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 4th August 2011, 03:13 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Just watched Hellraiser. Don't think I've seen it since I was about 14.

Is the Anchor Bay bluray cut at all or is the film just edited a bit clumsily? The scene where Julia hammers the first guy to death seemed really choppy, and not in an intentional way
Clive Barker says the MPAA cut the scene out but he was pleased with the cut anyway as he says in the commentary
It's easy to notice the cut I know
Old 4th August 2011, 03:16 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Currently watching this: Attachment 17323
I've got to say that Blue Underground have done a fantastic job with this, the best I've seen the film look

---
I am here: Google Maps
- The boat can leave now, tell the crew
Agree!
Wish Arrow could take advice from BU considering the 'faulty' discs they have been puttung out
Old 4th August 2011, 10:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Had a double bill tonight of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang on HD-DVD and the the HKL Police Story 2. Great night!
Old 4th August 2011, 10:58 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
HKL Police Story 2. Great night!
Doesn't get more great than that

I just finished watching Taxi Driver on BD, fantastic is the word to use I think. Just quickly watching the real Taxi Driver documentary on the Special Features, really interesting stuff. Can't wait to work my way through the rest of the extras tomorrow

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 5th August 2011, 01:35 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Default What films have you seen recently?

Slaughter High - has a real cheesy 80's MTV video look about it. Starring Caroline Munro & the bloke from Emmerdale. Loved it!

The Order - standard Van Damme fare but very enjoyable & watchable, as all Van Damme films are. The 'Jewish' fight scene was worth the watch alone.

You make it easy.
Old 5th August 2011, 02:06 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Just seen Beautiful Boy, a drama character study type movie about the parents of a kid that goes to college and shoots a bunch of people and then kills himself.

I thought this was quite good as most of the movies on this subject are based on the victims or shooters but this was about the effect it has on the parents of the shooter.

It was quite a deep movie and sad at times too. Well acted and made I thought.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 5th August 2011, 07:17 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

A Zed and Two Noughts (BD) - Greenaway at his very best, the blend of the surreal, the melancholic, the funny, and the bizarre all come together to create one of his most enjoyable films. Bring on The Cook, the Thief, His Wife and Her Lover on Blu-ray!

The Bed Sitting Room (BD) - Great little curio and part of BFI's Flipside series of discs. Definitely recommended for anyone who is a fan of Python or offbeat humour in general. One of those quaint oddities, that I almost didn't want to end!

Slaughter High - I hadn't seen this in years, and Arrow's new DVD is a great picture upgrade over whatever it was I saw last! Tonnes of fun, with some nice grisly murders. The perfect blend of '80s cheese and slasher film rolled into one.

Almost Human - Great disc, and even though there are many better films from the genre out there, in my opinion, a nice dip in Italian Crime waters for Shameless. I'm glad I held off on picking up the NoShame disc, and hopefully we'll see some more similar releases from Shameless in the not-to-distant future.

Like this? Share it using the links below!