Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th August 2011, 09:29 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
I recently rewatched AVP (extended) and while I sort of liked it on the first viewing,I didn't think much of it now...
I quit watching the sequel after 20 minutes...and never bothered with the 3rd one after having seen the trailer...Maybe I'm not the target audience of this franchise?
Which 3rd one?

AVP only has one sequel.

Just watched the brilliant Midnight Run again. Its one of those films i view every 3/4 years. Its a timeless classic in my book, full of action, a witty script, top performances and hilarious in places.
Old 17th August 2011, 09:52 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Which 3rd one?

AVP only has one sequel.
I'm guessing he means Predators.
Old 17th August 2011, 11:05 PM
Cultist

Really great film I'm really starting to love Frank henenlotter's movies. Anyone know if there's a better release then the one I own, I would love to see some decent special features!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609198,-0.269039
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313622328.953304.jpg (93.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 18th August 2011, 02:28 AM
Cult Acolyte

I have the Synapse DVD of Henenlotter's Brain Damage, not sure whether it has any extra special features to the one you have but I've heard the transfer is better for the Synapse.
Old 18th August 2011, 08:14 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I have the Synapse DVD of Henenlotter's Brain Damage, not sure whether it has any extra special features to the one you have but I've heard the transfer is better for the Synapse.
Ah ok, what features does it have on your copy? On my one all it has is commentary and a gallery.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.630694,-0.298035
Old 18th August 2011, 08:17 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post

I have the synapse superbit limited edition.

Brain Damage DVD 1987 Region 1 US Import NTSC: Amazon.co.uk: Rick Hearst, Gordon MacDonald, Jennifer Lowry, Theo Barnes, Lucille Saint-Peter, Vicki Darnell, Joseph Gonzalez, Bradlee Rhodes, Michael Bishop, Beverly Bonner, Ari M. Roussimoff, Kevin Van

braindamage..jpg

for some odd reason its cheaper than the standard synapse release.

Firstly it looks supurb, really really good (as one would expect from a superbit release) Sound quality is also brilliant. its 16:9 anomorphic widescreen with dolby digital 5.1, and appears to be region free.

extras wise..

audio commentary, liner notes and an isolated music score, so not loads.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 18th August 2011, 11:02 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

rewatched The Hills Have Eyes and Circus of Fear (both with respective comms)...THHE still looks amazing (ABUK version), those skies etc, event though in parts it now looks like a very violent tv movie!!
COF still an effective little film, the opening section is like a dry run for later stuff like The Squeeze etc imo, and any film with Kinski AND Lee is worth it in my book.
Old 18th August 2011, 12:03 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post

Brain Damage DVD 1987 Region 1 US Import NTSC: Amazon.co.uk: Rick Hearst, Gordon MacDonald, Jennifer Lowry, Theo Barnes, Lucille Saint-Peter, Vicki Darnell, Joseph Gonzalez, Bradlee Rhodes, Michael Bishop, Beverly Bonner, Ari M. Roussimoff, Kevin Van

Attachment 19212

Firstly it looks supurb, really really good (as one would expect from a superbit release) Sound quality is also brilliant. its 16:9 anomorphic widescreen with dolby digital 5.1, and appears to be region free.

extras wise..

I have this too, and it is a very good release.

The standard Synapse version was released before this one and is oop, hence its heftier price tag.
Old 18th August 2011, 04:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Went to see RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES last night, first let me say that Andy Serkis is outstanding as the motion captured Caesar, much much better than a straight cartoon CGI effect. And the director gets a big thumbs up for the finale, shot in broad(foggy) daylight(no mirky blackness here). But those are the good points, the final scenes(about 20mins) are a barn storming RISE of the apes, however the first 75/80mins damn near wreck the movie for this old school Apes fan. To go on and on about how the scientist is not really a baddie should have been sorted in 10mins, but no, we get the sick father and the love interest both taking up way too much screen time(while Caesar faffs about upstairs) And when the human baddies do appear(no spoilers) they are stereotype city. So a bit disappointed then, as this is more about the scientist and his personal problems than Caesar for 1/2 of the running time. It's just not the film I wanted to see, others will think I'm off my box and really like it, and there is a lot to like here, but this one won't be on my must buy Blu Ray list tho. But what do I know.

P.S. One of the actors has distanced himself from it already(which is a shame) but as it's going thru the roof at the box office, we'll get another shot of monkey mayhem soon enough, which can only be good thing.
Sam likes this.

Last edited by platostotal; 18th August 2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 18th August 2011, 04:34 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post

Attachment 19212

extras wise..

I will have to pick this version up also lol, prefer that cover as well!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.705680,-0.327963

Like this? Share it using the links below!