Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179956Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th May 2012, 10:47 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Boo!

I like Punch Drunk Love of course, but never understood the critical acclaim for Sandler's performance as, to me, it's a variation of what he usually plays only that it's transposed to a less comedic, more quirky milieu.
Old 27th May 2012, 11:15 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
personally I love the movie. You should seek out, LOST IN TIME: WAXWORK 2.
No need. It's on the same dvd. Might watch it later on . . .
Old 27th May 2012, 11:56 AM
Cult Addict

The only Sandler film that has ever made me laugh (like, truely laugh) is Happy Gilmore. The guy just isn't that great a comedian in my opinion.

Douch Bigalo. Sorry, Rob Schneider. Doesn't really do much for me either.

DVD and BD collection
Old 27th May 2012, 12:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
The only Sandler film that has ever made me laugh (like, truely laugh) is Happy Gilmore. The guy just isn't that great a comedian in my opinion.

Douch Bigalo. Sorry, Rob Schneider. Doesn't really do much for me either.
snap totaly agree think a lot of so called comedian actors are just not funny
And as for A P series there a hell a of a lot more amusing than most comedies of today that just done even remotly make me chuckle i mean run fat boy run . paul . MMMM no thanks id rather do what he did in A P go stick my private parts in something im not meant to than watch films like these hell id even slice it up and down a cheese grater be less painfull....i seriously can not think the last comedy that actualy made me laugh...Sorry but take eddie murphy for eg dont mind him as a actor etc but be honest 95% of his films are awful and terrible...
Beverly hills cop
Trading place
48hrs

are just about only decent films he done maybe the odd one or so i forgot to mention.. films like shrek are technicaly animation and he does voice over...
Old 27th May 2012, 12:47 PM
Ex-member

BASIC INSTINCT 2 - only seen bits and pieces of this film before I think,
anway saw it last night and despite the bad reviews the film has, I thought it was a good film
Old 27th May 2012, 01:43 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Which American Pie film has Adam Sandler in it?

I remember enjoying the American Pie films and certainly would not have done if Adam Bloody Sandler had been in them!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 27th May 2012, 04:06 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I Am Sartana, Your Angel Of Death/Sartana The Gravedigger

This is the second official Sartana film and the first directed by my man, Giuliano Carnimeo. Excellent SW from 1970, well up to the quality of the first Sartana flick, in fact, possibly better made technically. There is some wonderful camerawork (jerking and tilting the camera as characters are hit by bullets is very effective and impressive, for example). This film crams SO MUCH into its running time, and manages almost non-stop action AND a sense of atmosphere. Excellent stuff.

The version in the Sartana boxset is a pretty good amateur restoration. There is a non-anamorphic version in the correct ratio from a decent, German source and the dialogue scenes are cross-faded in from a VHS source. So the soundtrack is a mixed bag.

As ever, Gianni Garko is charismatic and excellent as Sartana, and Klaus Kinski's character is a riot and deserving of his own film.
Old 27th May 2012, 04:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

AMOK TRAIN (aka BEYOND THE DOOR 3)

A gruesome, late 80's Italian horror inspired by RUNAWAY TRAIN. Most Italian horror's from the late 80's are really bad and suffer from poor cinematography, terrible acting and amateurish gore. But, thankfully, AMOK TRAIN is an exception; it was filmed in 'scope and the cinematography is superb, using the Serbian locations to good effect. The cast are actually pretty good (Bo Svenson taking top honours. Keep a look out for Alex Vitale from STRIKE COMMANDO) and the gore effects are impressive (the scene in which one of the characters tear their own face apart is the highlight).

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 27th May 2012, 04:25 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
AMOK TRAIN (aka BEYOND THE DOOR 3)

A gruesome, late 80's Italian horror inspired by RUNAWAY TRAIN. Most Italian horror's from the late 80's are really bad and suffer from poor cinematography, terrible acting and amateurish gore. But, thankfully, AMOK TRAIN is an exception; it was filmed in 'scope and the cinematography is superb, using the Serbian locations to good effect. The cast are actually pretty good (Bo Svenson taking top honours. Keep a look out for Alex Vitale from STRIKE COMMANDO) and the gore effects are impressive (the scene in which one of the characters tear their own face apart is the highlight).

I do really want to see this.
Old 27th May 2012, 04:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
I do really want to see this.
Get the Shriek Show edition - it's in it's proper ratio and has some decent extras. You can get it from Amazon for around a fiver.
Gojirosan likes this.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Like this? Share it using the links below!