Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree180500Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th October 2012, 02:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Mother's Day new version,
Tbh I wasnt expecting much from this and was expecting to be disappointed in this but boy I wasn't I was pleasantly surprised a lot better than thought it would be a recomended watch if you haven't see it yet,
Old 24th October 2012, 02:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

God Bless America
A letdown after the fantastic World’s Greatest Dad. This one felt like a 5 minute Charlie Brooker rant stretched to 90 minutes. While it’s (easy) targets were all legitimate figures of hate, seeing them gunned down one by one I found surprisingly unentertaining. It all felt a bit redundant after James Gunn’s Super (and Ellen Page’s character was so much funnier and likable than her annoying counterpart in this film).

A Night in the Woods
Got off to a decent start, especially when it seemed to be trying to escape the Blair Witch comparisons by developing the possibility of a more human than supernatural menace at play. But the final 30 minutes ditched any sense of human drama and descended into utterly dissatisfying run-n-scream.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 24th October 2012, 04:12 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

La Sorella Di Ursula/ The Sister of Ursula - decent giallo that's ridiculously high on sleaze and low on logic and unpredictability. Has a really rushed ending and the most anticlimactic demise of a black gloved killer to date but still a worthy watch for fans of the genre.

Cannibal Holocaust - still powerful and shocking, still excellent in spite of its own hypocrisy.
Old 24th October 2012, 04:26 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

The Last Valley - Anybody remember this one? Finally watched this for the first time last night after hunting for at least a widescreen copy. A genuinely powerful and unjustly maligned epic set around The Thirty Years War, in fact I would go as far as to now place this film easily among my favourite films of all time. Please let this film have a Blu Ray one day, it's a forgotten gem that truly deserves a real restoration.
Wes likes this.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)
Old 24th October 2012, 04:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invid Ninja View Post
The Last Valley - Anybody remember this one? Finally watched this for the first time last night after hunting for at least a widescreen copy. A genuinely powerful and unjustly maligned epic set around The Thirty Years War, in fact I would go as far as to now place this film easily among my favourite films of all time. Please let this film have a Blu Ray one day, it's a forgotten gem that truly deserves a real restoration.
I've never seen it Ninja, but I know it by name because I like the fiction of James Clavell - Shogun is an incredible book. Great post, great watch...
Invid Ninja likes this.
Old 24th October 2012, 04:40 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I've never seen it Ninja, but I know it by name because I like the fiction of James Clavell - Shogun is an incredible book. Great post, great watch...
Funnily enough I just bought the entire Shogun TV series on DVD, can't wait to sit and watch it all.
Wes likes this.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)
Old 24th October 2012, 04:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yep, that show was a big deal in my house when I was a kid. Definitely post you thoughts on it in the TV forum when you get around to watching it. I re-read the book every couple of years and it's a great immersive month-long read...
Old 24th October 2012, 05:19 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
The green twister is very bad,people who's seen it ,will know what I mean
Jesus that was terrible. That NEVER happened. Jackson did take liberties but there still amazing film's in there own light.
Old 24th October 2012, 05:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

What's the Green Twister ?
Old 24th October 2012, 05:24 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
What's the Green Twister ?
Have you seen the film?
I'll PM you the answer so as not to spoil anything.

Like this? Share it using the links below!