Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th September 2013, 08:51 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Paradise Love was last nights film. I'm feeling a bit depressed as a consequence. A great art-house film. I will look out for the next two instalments in the trilogy (particularly the next - Belief).
troggi likes this.
Old 7th September 2013, 09:32 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched The People Vs George Lucas last night. Really well made documentary about how George Lucas completed destroyed his franchise
Dave Boy and troggi like this.
Old 7th September 2013, 09:37 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I am currently 4 mins 12 secs into Silent House and already feel like killing mysel. The script/acting is abysmal. Lets hope things get better.
troggi likes this.
Old 7th September 2013, 10:49 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
The speared-during-sex scene reminded me of the Kevin Bacon death scene in the first Friday film.
That scene was pinched for Friday the 13th Part 2 I think, definitely one of the early F13 sequels anyway
ArgentoFan1987 and troggi like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th September 2013, 10:52 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

That's Silent House just finished. It actually turned out to be a not-bad little film. Not great either, but not nearly as bad as I was expecting it to be. But the ending was ridiculous!
troggi likes this.

Last edited by ArgentoFan1987; 7th September 2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 7th September 2013, 11:12 AM
Cult Acolyte

The People The Time Forgot (1977)
Sequel to The Land That Time Forgot. Far better than I ever remember it to be. Actually, more people remember this film for Dana Gillespie's huge knockers than anything else.
keirarts and troggi like this.
Old 7th September 2013, 12:58 PM
Cult Addict

PUNISHER:WARZONE. Stupidly over the top mix of violence and mean and moody face pulling. Excellent.
Old 7th September 2013, 01:44 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Bad Meat (2011)

Six troubled teens from all walks of life are sent to a boot camp over the summer to reform their rebellious ways. Unfortunately when they get there the kids discover the place is run by folks far more delinquent than they are with a strong Nazi fetish and a penchant for strap on sex. Once the staff eat meat contaminated with a deadly virus all hell breaks loose as the kids are now seen as lunch by the flesh craving monsters.

Those after bloody thrills could do a lot worse than this seriously disjointed affair. The film was originally made in 2007 by Wrong Turn director Rob Schmidt. Unfortunately the plug was pulled with the film three quarters completed. When some of the actors gained a bit of credibility from tv work the film was finally completed by Schmidt four years later and released under the Alan Smithee pseudonym of Lulu Jarmen.

The fact the film has plot holes wider than the Grand Canyon and seemed to have been edited by a partially blind chimp didn't really matter to me. Its a film to be viewed strictly for its puke and grue factor for which it must rate a 9.

Thanks to Frankie Teardrop for the recommendation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 45246552bm.jpg (81.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 7th September 2013, 03:37 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Just watched Scanners for the first time. Didn't know what to expect with this as I knew nothing about it other than the head explosion scene. I love most Cronenberg's stuff so knew I'd be in capable hands though. And I was. The middle dragged a little but boy did that final scanner battle scene make up for it, this is why practical effects are the best and most effective.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 7th September 2013, 03:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Just watched Scanners for the first time. Didn't know what to expect with this as I knew nothing about it other than the head explosion scene. I love most Cronenberg's stuff so knew I'd be in capable hands though. And I was. The middle dragged a little but boy did that final scanner battle scene make up for it, this is why practical effects are the best and most effective.

I've been desperate to see it for years! Same here, I know nothing about it except the infamous head explosion scene.

Just watched Un Chien Andalou again. 16 minutes weirdness! brilliant!
Wes, keirarts, troggi and 2 others like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!