All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th November 2013, 11:17 AM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
It sounds awesome, but I've never ever heard of it before!
Very surprised you've never heard of it before; best way to describe Streets Of Fire would be to imagine if Walter Hill was to remake The Searchers as an 80's rock and roll action movie musical that just also happens to be an amalgam of 80's as well as 50's design. I adore it and it might be my favourite Walter Hill film next to Southern Comfort, but it's one of his more divisive works from my experience so your mileage will vary.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)
Old 20th November 2013, 11:22 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invid Ninja View Post
Very surprised you've never heard of it before; best way to describe Streets Of Fire would be to imagine if Walter Hill was to remake The Searchers as an 80's rock and roll action movie musical that just also happens to be an amalgam of 80's as well as 50's design. I adore it and it might be my favourite Walter Hill film next to Southern Comfort, but it's one of his more divisive works from my experience so your mileage will vary.
I had never heard of it before until it was mentioned here. Another great film recommended that I would of never seen if had not come to this site
troggi likes this.
Old 20th November 2013, 12:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

NEVER SLEEP AGAIN:THE ELM STREET LEGACY

Excellent 4 hour documentary on what I consider the best Horror franchise from the same team that brought us His Name Was Jason and the more recent Crystal Lake Memories docs.
Each film is discussed from Craven's original, right up to Ronny Yu's Freddy Vs Jason, with plenty of the cast and crew relating their experiences making the films.
Highly recommended for fans of the series

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Last edited by Rik; 20th November 2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 20th November 2013, 02:32 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

My Father's Wife (1976)

When Laura (Carroll Baker) finds out her husband's (Adolfo Celi) lack of sexual interest in her is the result of him cheating on her, Laura takes revenge by starting a sordid affair with her stepson.

Andrea Bianchi's drama isn't the most captivating of films and is really notable only for the number of times Hollywood star Carroll Baker sheds her clothes. A film about relationships and infidelity this is a long way from Bianchi's usual output. Connoisseurs of Italian skin might also like to know that Bianchi favourite Femi Benussi also co-stars and like Baker keeps the film interesting as we lead up to a rather unwelcome climax.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg la-moglie-dio-mon-padre.jpg (26.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 20th November 2013, 05:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

House by the Cemetery BU BD

Always watch it around this time of year...dunno why, perhaps because the Massachusetts scenery could pass for England in late autumn. Whilst not my favourite by a long shot, I find it to be Fulci's most singularly atmospheric film.
Old 20th November 2013, 05:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

about to watch heathers, another film that have not seen but heard good things about. hope i enjoy it
Rik, Frankie Teardrop and troggi like this.
Old 20th November 2013, 05:55 PM
Cult Addict

I really like heathers, good film. Hope you enjoy it.
Frankie Teardrop and troggi like this.
Old 20th November 2013, 06:20 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
about to watch heathers, another film that have not seen but heard good things about. hope i enjoy it
Heathers is a great film. A lot better than the similar mean girls I think.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
troggi likes this.
Old 20th November 2013, 06:47 PM
Cult Rookie

Old 20th November 2013, 07:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

More high adventure for Sinbad.Ray Harryhausen once again provides some fantastic effects. The sword fight with Kali is a major highlight.
troggi and Rondadoronron like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!