Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th November 2013, 10:57 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Some brilliant posts Dae, PaulD and Keirarts.

Thank you.

Its contributions like these that make the thread worth reading.
Old 19th November 2013, 11:06 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
My Netflix weekend Viewing

MONTY PYTHON & THE HOLY GRAIL

King Arthur is looking to find men to be knights of the round table, then he gets a quest from God to go and search for the holy grail which brings with it funny as hell results. "What's it do nibble your bum?" - "and there was much rejoicing"

I proper love this classic and Im sure everyone else does too
Great film (got to love that intro with he subtitles!). Not as good as. Life of Brian,

Quote:
Pingu - Season 1

We all know what Pingu is and for those who don't its about a family of plastesine penguins. There is the mam and dad, Pingu the child penguin and his baby sister Pinga. The episodes last for about 10 mins each and it's the adventures of Pingu being naughty.

I don't know why I still like these after all these yrs. The language is foreign but you still understand what's going on. It is also very funny. It's even better to watch with kids. I don't mind admitting I watch kids stuff.
Pingu's awesome! Reminds me of Morph (from Tony Hart)! It's like mr. Bean in placticine(sp?)!

Quote:
Drop Dead Fred.

When Phoebe Cates was a kid, she had an imaginary friend called Drop Dead Fred played brilliantly by Rik Mayall who only she could see. Now she is 30 and unhappy that she has found her husband is cheating on her. Hence Rik Mayall comes back to help her get him back.

Rik Mayall is the stand out character here and causes all sort of trouble like smearing dog turd on a freshly cleaned carpet, making Cates throw food all over a restraunt and sinking a ship. He also meets his other imaginary friends which is very funny.
A low point for Rik Mayall! What the hell was he thinking??!!!
troggi likes this.
Old 19th November 2013, 11:09 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Just because it's come up (twice) and Slippery Jack as official Cult Labs spelling & grammar police official isn't around, it's spelled 'Plasticine'.
Rik, PaulD, ArgentoFan1987 and 1 others like this.
Old 19th November 2013, 01:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Just because it's come up (twice) and Slippery Jack as official Cult Labs spelling & grammar police official isn't around, it's spelled 'Plasticine'.
troggi likes this.
Old 19th November 2013, 02:43 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cyclops, Dragon, Skeleton, Roc, Snake Woman...Ray Harryhausen. Nuff said !
Old 19th November 2013, 07:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Not a film but watched the trailer for x-men days of future past, it looks absolutely amazing. Hell of lot better than I was expecting

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pK2zYHWDZKo
keirarts and troggi like this.
Old 19th November 2013, 07:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post

Blackout - straight-to-dvd (one assumes) thriller of the 'people stuck in a lift' variety. Confusing, messy and all over the place but oddly shot with a real visual flair at times. The sort of rubbish Netflixploitation (yeah MTDS, let's call it that!) I can never seem to get enough of, no matter how rubbish it is.
Word of the Year for 2017
PaulD and ArgentoFan1987 like this.

Monster Magnet
Old 19th November 2013, 08:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Wolverine (2013)

Enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would and a lot better than the other movie. Like how we see a vulnerable and disturbed wolverine, great action pieces and nice how it's set in Japan and had too change my pants with post credits scene. 8.5/10

Basket case

What's in the basket. The Bradley boys Duane and belial going about seeking revenge on those who separate them when they where kids, but thinks don't work out well as belial becomes jealous when Duane falls in love 8/10

Basket case 2

Our boys are back and are taking in by granny Ruth after they escape from hospital. At granny's house we meet granny's family her daughter and her extended family a group off lovable freaks. Thing are not well between our boys as belial meets someone like himself and love is in the air and Duane wants to make a normal life with himself and granny's daughter. We have a noisy reporter who is set set to exposes the brothers and the family to the public. The brothers and the freaks join force to protected themselves from the reporter and her friends. But tragedy strikes as Duane accidentally kills granny's daughter when he discovers her secret. 8.5/10

Basket case 3

Granny and her family take a road trip to vist uncle Hal and little Hal, also belials girlfriend is pregnant . Tragedy strikes again as a couple of inbred deputy sheriffs kill eve and kidnap the infants, this finally brings the two brothers back together as they seek revenge and to protect there new family . Along the way belial dispatch people in his usual creative manner but is injured and little Hal builds him a special machine to continue his revenges and we find the little ones are just like there father. 8.5/10

Watching streets of fire. First time I've seen it but loving it.
Old 19th November 2013, 09:13 PM
Cult Addict

VAMP. Hated this when I first saw it on it's original release but enjoyed it more on this viewing mainly for the slither of weirdness that runs through the film. What is basically a poor teen comedy is enlivened by odd quirks of character, fantastic lighting, set dressings that make no attempt at being based in reality ( check out the ultra clean, dry ice weirdness of the sewers), "Wizard of Oz" references and albino street gangs with Afro American girl friends. Weird but not weird enough.
Old 19th November 2013, 09:31 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Watching streets of fire. First time I've seen it but loving it.
What's the blu like mate av wise?

Like this? Share it using the links below!