Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179659Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th May 2014, 10:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Sabotage - 3.5/5

I see this isn't getting very well rated, but I found it perfectly enjoyable as an Arnie fan, it made me laugh, it had good action and was gory, and had a satisfying ending.
keirarts likes this.
Old 8th May 2014, 05:13 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Man I loved this! So many hilarious moments. Everything was acted perfectly, Although I think by now Wes is writing parts specifically for certain actors. So well written and of course filmed very well. Just as any of his other films I think this is one people will either love or hate, really depending on their opinion of Wes Anderson films. I for one loved it, I would rank it as one of his best. MUCH better than his last (Moonrise Kingdom). Overall rating? I'd probably give it a 9 or even a 9.5/10
Old 8th May 2014, 07:49 AM
Active Cultist

Stuck at my parents last night and had no DVDs on me, a quick rummage through my cupboard brought out some GNR VHS and Aerosmith ones, then saw my ol' faithful I.D, so it had to be done god knows how many times i have seen this film in 18 years, i do have the DVD but VHS it was with the pleasure of watching Trailers for Reservoir Dogs Shallow Grave Panther and a teaser for Trainspotting. Anyhow yeah i love this film some great acting and some not great as well, but so many memorable lines for me which we used to recite at school in the 6th Form (Those of us that were more into films that is). If noone has seen this film about Football holligans i can recommend this forget your Green Street and Football Factory this is up with The Firm maybe even better.
Old 8th May 2014, 01:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The fourth kind

laughable with characters i just didn't care for and about as scary as a episode of the teletubbies. far better films out there about the subject matter like the fantastic fire in the sky which is everything this film is not. 1.5/10

manborg

awful acting, dreadful ps1 special effects but thats why i loved it. a homage to the straight to video films we all love from the 80s. 9/10

bloodsucking freaks

camp and very silly. apart from a few scenes i found it to be more funny than disturbing/shocking. but i still enjoyed it and 88 films have do a great job on the packaging etc. 8/10

Last edited by trebor8273; 8th May 2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old 8th May 2014, 01:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
The fourth kind

laughable with characters i just didn't care for and about as scary as a episode of the teletubbies. far better films out there about the subject matter like the fantastic fire in the sky which is everything this film is not. 4/10
I'm struggling to think how that film has achieved 4/10 from you, it doesn't even deserve that much!
Old 8th May 2014, 02:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasteropod View Post
I'm struggling to think how that film has achieved 4/10 from you, it doesn't even deserve that much!
i was probably being to generous
Old 8th May 2014, 02:52 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
The fourth kind
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasteropod View Post
I saved this to watch one Christmas as i was looking forward to seeing Mila in a none Resi film.

Like Gasteropod says, it struggles to get above a two out of ten. Terrible.
sjconstable likes this.
Old 8th May 2014, 04:32 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Watched Blue Ruin last night, wow what a cracking film. 5 out of 5 from me. Beautifully shot, superbly acted and intelligently written. I was hooked from beginning to end. Only negative is that it was too short. You guys should love it
Frankie Teardrop likes this.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 8th May 2014, 04:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Fixed forth kind score now.

Started watching eraserhead and all I can say is

Finished eraserhead and that's has to be one of the most bizarre ,disturbing and nightmarish films I have ever seen. Fantastic use of imagery and sound, a film to put anyone of wanting to be a parent. A classic and a shame it's taking me so long to get around to watching it, can't wait to see the rest of his movies in the set only thing is I can't see any if them being as good 10/10

Next up think I will start on my Friday the 13th boxset

Last edited by trebor8273; 8th May 2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old 8th May 2014, 07:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Neighbors aka Bad Neighbours - 6.5/10

Pretty funny, at times outstays its welcome but it does the job, and reminded me of some of the parties I've been to haha.

Like this? Share it using the links below!