Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179729Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st June 2014, 01:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist

'Fargo' - via the remastered BD. Absolute classic, and it looks fantastic on BD. I believe there were problems with the first blu release? Not with this one, highly recommended film and disc.
Old 1st June 2014, 02:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Pit and the Pendulum

Starring the one and only Vincent Price. Another fine release from Arrow. Checked out all the extras bar the commentaries. Will keep them for another day. Not the best Poe adaptation directed by Mr.Corman, but not a waste of time either. Price was his usual campy self. He seemed to spend a lot of the movie fainting or swooning which I found quite funny actually. Well done Arrow with this release
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 1st June 2014, 06:05 PM
Cultist

Just watched Maniac Cop. Fun stuff!
Old 1st June 2014, 06:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Nightmare on elm street 2 freddys revenge

Ok it's not as good as the original but it's still a lot better than the later sequels. More of a possession movie compared to the other films. It's still has to be the most unintentional gay horror(or was it intentional) . 7.5/10

Legend of hell house

A great haunted house story and one of the best up there with the haunting, thanks to its atmospheric and creepy atmosphere and great acting especially from Roddy McDowell. We have a small but very important role for micheal gough 10/10

Also finished the first season of tales from the crypt my favourite story had to be the last with the old woman and all her animals.

Next up hatchet for the honeymoon which will be my first viewing

Last edited by trebor8273; 1st June 2014 at 07:11 PM.
Old 1st June 2014, 07:09 PM
Cult Addict

Just watched Edge of tomorrow.

Basically Groundhog day by way of Starship troopers with a video game feel to the whole affair that reminded me of resistance fall of man. Very good multiplex fodder, it may be daft (the ending is stupid) but it really does not matter as the film itself is amazing fun. The script is witty and manages to find plenty of humor yet manages to balance it with the real human drama. Probably the best Tom Cruise film in a long, long while.
Old 1st June 2014, 07:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Just watched Edge of tomorrow.

Basically Groundhog day by way of Starship troopers with a video game feel to the whole affair that reminded me of resistance fall of man. Very good multiplex fodder, it may be daft (the ending is stupid) but it really does not matter as the film itself is amazing fun. The script is witty and manages to find plenty of humor yet manages to balance it with the real human drama. Probably the best Tom Cruise film in a long, long while.

I intend to see this, but I wish they kept the original title "All you need is KILL".
keirarts likes this.
Old 1st June 2014, 07:56 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Child abuse, murder, the sleazy back streets of London...yep, I watched "Oliver" with the little MTDSs. What a great film, Jack Wild is fantastic in all his cockontheknee glory especially as he is from Oldham originally. The only let down in the film is Mark Lester as Oliver...irritating little shit.
Old 1st June 2014, 08:07 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
I intend to see this, but I wish they kept the original title "All you need is KILL".
Totally agree.

I'm fairly certain its the first film i've seen to closely emulate a video game (even with the unlimited lives and repetition)
Nemesis likes this.
Old 1st June 2014, 11:16 PM
Cultist

Saw Black Sunday this evening, what can I say about it that hasn't been said already?
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 2nd June 2014, 07:31 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReversedBible View Post
Saw Black Sunday this evening, what can I say about it that hasn't been said already?
I don't know! Just write a short paragraph of what you thought. You never know – it might not be what everyone else has said before.
ReversedBible likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!