LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd June 2014, 07:07 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
The Pit and the Pendulum

Not the best Poe adaptation directed by Mr.Corman, but not a waste of time either. Price was his usual campy self. He seemed to spend a lot of the movie fainting or swooning which I found quite funny actually. Well done Arrow with this release
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Pit and the pendulum

Not the best Corman/ Poe adaptation but it's still a good movie that is saved by Vincent Prices wonderfully camp and wide eyed performance, he does seem to spend most of the movie fainting. As usual with corman's movies great sets and clothes considering the limited budgets. 7.5/10

Next up reanimator
Nice review Demonknight.... Both of them!

Old 2nd June 2014, 07:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Nice review Demonknight.... Both of them!

I did think I was experiencing a deja vu haha!
Old 2nd June 2014, 07:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I really should of just posted it word for word, but after watching it I agreed with everything in his review and really couldn't think of anything new to add.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 2nd June 2014, 07:15 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I really should of just posted it word for word, but after watching it I angered with everything in his review and really couldn't think of anything new to add.
Don't worry Trebor. There's nothing worse than reading / hearing views on a film then they stick in your head and seem unshakable.
Old 2nd June 2014, 07:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I will give my review now for reanimator before I settle down

A classic with interesting and likeable characters, outrageous over the top gore with a hilariously dark and twisted humour. But even with all these positive points, I don't think it wouldn't of been half the film it is, if not for the fantastic performance of Jeffery Combs, who made the role his own, said it before a fantastic but sadly overlooked actor who is better than most top Hollywood actors. 10/10
Old 2nd June 2014, 08:20 PM
Cult Master

download.jpg roguemag-co-uk.jpg 10935289_800.jpg

Edge of Tomorrow... Went to see this in the cinema yeasterday.

Tom Cruise plays a sort of PR guy for the army to sell the war to the public but when he is thrown into the front lines each time he dies he must relive the same day over and over again until he gets to the scource of the alien invasion of earth.

Not going to go into anymore detail than that so i wont spoil anything. Really enjoyed this one pretty much non stop action and plenty of humour. Im a big fan of Tom Cruise and he rarely every lets me down with his movies. Well worth a watch and a Blu Ray pick up for me when its out.

Closer To The Edge...... Film about the Isle of Man TT. A fantastic film about one of the most dangerous road races in the world. Watching this my heart was in my mouth the whole way through watching the speeds these guys get from their bikes just amazing. Really showcases the skill , dedication , passion and bravery of these men and women to take part in the thing they love more than anything in the world. Along with all the hairaising moments in this film there are also the crashes and sadly the loss of life that the TT is more than familiar with every year.Recommended to anyone with an interest in motorsport or just an interest in how far people are willing to push themselves both physically and mentally to be the best at what they love.

Dr Phibes Rises Again..... I love the first film and this one the same Vincent Price is a charasmatic as usual and the kills have so much variety it keeps things fresh over both films. I cant waith to pick up the Arrow boxset and revisit these again.
Old 3rd June 2014, 07:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

about to watch moon and if enough time sisters, both films i have never seen before
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 3rd June 2014, 07:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

The posters for this film are slightly misleading but it is still a creepy and enjoyable film although the ending for me, was a let down. Creates a good sense of paranoia as the new director of a cemetery believes he is responsible for the deaths of people who have previously bought burial plots when he moves pins around on the cemetery map.
Old 3rd June 2014, 07:56 PM
Cultist

I watched Birth of the Living Dead last night, it was allright. Neither bad nor really good, some funny comments and stuff by Romero.

Saw Bad Milo today and it was over my expectations I must say. To see such a movie being made nowadays is nice.
keirarts likes this.
Old 4th June 2014, 04:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Summer Scars (Julian Richards, 2007) Soda Pictures UK dvd.

Since reading the Darkside article at the time, I've hankered after this. Am a big fan of his The Last Horror Movie, and was looking forward to this. Kevin Howarth ("Max Parry", TLHM) plays a drifter who "befriends" a group of Welsh teenagers for his own ends. Not as gritty as Eden Lake, but still has a few moments of note. Dvd had commentary, a 30 min making of and one of JR's short films "Pirates".

The most shocking thing about SS for me is that twas "based on actual events"!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!