All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179661Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th November 2009, 06:42 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
DAMN YOU for saying any harsh words about the CRoc in this movie.As it may not be top notch its 100% CGI free
I will clunky and plastic over CGI any day of the week.

I also enjoyed ROGUE right up until the ending.I HATED the ending It almost ruins the movie.
yep the ending was ridiculous

with the killer croc it did look naff but i defo prefered it to the one in rogue beacuse of the CGI , like you said anything over CGI
Old 17th November 2009, 07:35 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak View Post
I can't understand the '15' either.
I assume it's actually for the extras. But I can't see anything there either!
Actually "The Invisible Man" is more violent and generally nasty and that only gets a '12'.

Re: "Don't go in the House". Sadly the newer anamorphic DVD cuts off much of the full frontal nudity during that sequence.
But is is intact on the older, cheaper, full screen DVD.
I thought the '15' was for the extras on The Mummy too,I recall reading somewhere.Probably the Gods & Monsters footage,but I don't recall seeing footage worthy of a higher classification.
Old 17th November 2009, 07:45 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Probably had a rating for whatever reason back in the day and no one bothered to/cared about changing it .Then again maybe its slapped on there to make it sound more "appealing" than it is.
Old 17th November 2009, 07:45 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitchslicer View Post
yep the ending was ridiculous

with the killer croc it did look naff but i defo prefered it to the one in rogue beacuse of the CGI , like you said anything over CGI
There's been some damn good 'Croc' films lately.I'd also recommend BLACK WATER & PRIMEVAL.BW is the best of the bunch,but Primeval was far better than I expected & pretty gory.
Old 17th November 2009, 07:53 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

The Free To Air satelite channel FILM 24 also has some interesting offerings:-
IMAGES (Robert Altman)
HOLLYWOOD GHOST STORIES (Narrated by John Carradine.I had the Warner video of this,so I'll tape it when it's on again next week)
NUDE FOR SATAN (Though in the BBFC approved version)
THE NAKED FACE (Bryan Forbes thriller starring Roger Moore)
GORGO (I thought their W/S print was better than the VCI dvd release.)
They are also screening the old kids series THE FLOCKTON FLYER with Peter Duncan & THE CAPONE INVESTMENT starring John Thaw.On Friday it's that the entertaining Jimmy Sangster scripted horror BLOOD OF THE VAMPIRE (1958) starring Barbara Shelley.(7.40 PM I think)
Old 17th November 2009, 07:54 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

There has has been a ton of Crocodile/Alligator movies come out over the past couple years.BLACK WATER was decent and I look forward to seeing the directors next film THE REEF .Also I can't wait for DARK AGE to come out on DVD.Has anyone seen that film?
Old 17th November 2009, 07:55 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Probably had a rating for whatever reason back in the day and no one bothered to/cared about changing it .Then again maybe its slapped on there to make it sound more "appealing" than it is.
If Universal did not bother resubmitting it for the dvd then that would explain why it's still a '15'.The audio commentary however was given a PG:-
Old 17th November 2009, 07:58 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
There has has been a ton of Crocodile/Alligator movies come out over the past couple years.BLACK WATER was decent and I look forward to seeing the directors next film THE REEF .Also I can't wait for DARK AGE to come out on DVD.Has anyone seen that film?
I saw DARK AGE years ago on video,but I don't remember much about it.If you've not seen Primeval,it's worth a look & has a decent cast including the always reliable Jurgen Prochnow.John Jarrat who was also of course in ROGUE (As well as WOLF CREEK) is also in DARK AGE.
Old 17th November 2009, 08:11 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

HA I saw DARK AGE on VHS way back in the day .It as on the shelf with GREAT WHITE DEATH and TIGERSHARK.GWD had the most misleading cover and TIGERSHARK had a shoddy half ass black and blue cover.I wish I knew what happened to the GWD and DARK AGE tapes?
Old 17th November 2009, 08:25 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitchslicer View Post
i loved it, its acting is a bit naff and the croc looks a bit naff too but its a very fun film defo worth owning i think

where did you get it? and how much was it? ive been trying to find a copy of both to buy and no luck
Ordered it from a seller on ebay France. It's the Neo package, think it was €5.

Like this? Share it using the links below!