All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179659Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th August 2017, 09:41 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Jaws 3-D (1983)

Often when sequels are discussed, the words 'diminishing returns' are frequently used. Well they certainly come into play with the third Jaws film. Basically it's not a patch on Jaws II never mind Steven Spielberg's 1975 classic original.

Lacking any Roy Scheider involvement the film is set God knows where at a Seaworld theme park which, unfortunately for the likes of a young Dennis Quaid, Louis Gossett Jr. and Simon MacCorkindale manages to play host to a rogue 35 ft great White shark.

The film has barely any characterization whatsoever and the impact of the shark attacks are lessened by some awful 3-D effects. There's only interest during the final twenty minutes as the shark decides the best way to get a meal is to destroy the undersea kingdom.

Whilst it doesn't have much to recommend it, the aforementioned finale is a bit of fun and surprisingly or perhaps shockingly, the worst was yet to come in the shape of 87's ridiculous Jaws the Revenge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jaws_3d.jpg (30.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 11th August 2017, 12:20 AM
Cult Rookie

I remember liking Jaws III when I saw it as a kid. I don't remember that much about it though. It think it opened with a scary fish head floating which caused me nightmares. I should check it out again.

I really hate it that most low budget movies nowadays are made purposely bad. Where are the days of directors proving themselves with amazing exploitation movies on minimal budgets? Just make a piece of shit and all the ironic hipsters will love it.

I like the anime ghost in the shell, but didn't watch the live action movie. Maybe I should give it a try.
Old 11th August 2017, 04:48 AM
Cult Addict

Watched yesterday afternoon with my nieces Black Beauty.
The story is about a black horse and his adventures with different owners (at least I think that's what it's about, I was tired)
As kids films go its not too bad, the acting is fine, however was there any need for the horse to have an internal monologue? I don't think so myself but that's me.
6/10

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
keirarts, nosferatu42 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 11th August 2017, 04:59 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioshark View Post
I remember liking Jaws III when I saw it as a kid. I don't remember that much about it though. It think it opened with a scary fish head floating which caused me nightmares. I should check it out again.

I really hate it that most low budget movies nowadays are made purposely bad. Where are the days of directors proving themselves with amazing exploitation movies on minimal budgets? Just make a piece of shit and all the ironic hipsters will love it.

I like the anime ghost in the shell, but didn't watch the live action movie. Maybe I should give it a try.
The live action version isn't too bad, inferior to the anime but nonetheless a good film

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
keirarts likes this.
Old 11th August 2017, 07:57 AM
Cult Addict

Cops vs thugs

As is pointed out in a bonus feature, it's not so much a VS film as a film that draws parallels between both sides, with a hardboiled cop and his friendship with a lowlife Yakuza who quickly rises through the ranks. Directed by Kinji Fukasawa this is one for people who dug his battles without honour and humanity series.
Old 11th August 2017, 09:44 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Cops vs thugs

As is pointed out in a bonus feature, it's not so much a VS film as a film that draws parallels between both sides, with a hardboiled cop and his friendship with a lowlife Yakuza who quickly rises through the ranks. Directed by Kinji Fukasawa this is one for people who dug his battles without honour and humanity series.
I need to carry on with Battles, I only ever watched the first film! It's pretty dense with the amount of characters and names you need to remember, especially if they're only on screen for a short while, do something important to the plot, get killed and then are referenced later on I really enjoyed it though!
keirarts likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 11th August 2017, 03:03 PM
Ex-member

Oh Dear!! Watched all these

Come Play with Me (How did this become the longest running sex comedy in the 1970's there was NO sex or comedy in it )
The Playbirds
Confessions from the David Galaxy Affair
Queen of the Blues
Mary Millington's True Blue Confessions
Respectable - The Mary Millington Story

and they were ALL bloody awful films + an awful Documentary.

-0/10
Old 11th August 2017, 03:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Oh Dear!! Watched all these

Come Play with Me (How did this become the longest running sex comedy in the 1970's there was NO sex or comedy in it )
The Playbirds
Confessions from the David Galaxy Affair
Queen of the Blues
Mary Millington's True Blue Confessions
Respectable - The Mary Millington Story

and they were ALL bloody awful films + an awful Documentary.

-0/10
You didn't like The Playbirds?

I'd avoid these type of films in future as they clearly aren't for you.
keirarts likes this.
Old 11th August 2017, 03:42 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
You didn't like The Playbirds?
No,I thought it was an awful film,Did you?
Old 11th August 2017, 03:45 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
No,I thought it was an awful film,Did you?
I didn't mind it. The horror aspect is quite decent. I am a sucker for this type of thing though and British tat in particular.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!