Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th February 2018, 09:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A small fishing community which catches crabs, eats them, experiment on them to solve world hunger and even race them! They love crabs so much that everyone has crab's!

After a accident at a nuclear plant the crabs begin to grow and kill, the crab lovers , it's up to the remaining townsfolk too try and kill king crab.

One of those nature runs amok films , more frogs than the birds. 5/10

Next up phantoms from space.
Old 7th February 2018, 11:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Armed and Dangerous 1986

Policeman Frank Dooley is framed for a crime he didn't commit, useless lawyer Norman Kane sign up to be security guards uncover corruption within the company and with the union.

This is one of the funniest slapstick comedies of the 80s, the late great John Candy teams up with Eugene Levy for alot of caper and shenanigans that just about will have you laughing onto the floor.

Meg Ryan also stars as their new duty manager who thinks arming the new recruits with guns isn't the best idea. Robert Loggia plays a decent villain along with Brion James and Jonathan Banks as the Union henchmen. 10 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91A2f7ZNcVL._SY445_.jpg (48.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 8th February 2018, 06:40 AM
Cult Addict

Hellraiser Judgement.

A seven-esque hunt for a biblical themed serial killer in a bleak, rundown nameless city. The film throws Cenobites and a mysterious Auditor into the mix because why not.
The Hellraiser franchise went up its arse long ago. It's one of those franchises that's never been allowed to die with dignity, instead lurching on like a zombie with its bits falling off. Even with Doug Bradley putting his foot down and refusing to do more the films seem to carry on regardless. It was a genuine surprised to discover this ones.... not bad. Its got its issues. The mid section of the film feels flabby and the film lacks the intensity of the first two. However compared to the later entries in the series its actually a masterpiece. The pie muncher they cast as pinhead in the last film is gone. Replaced with someone who while lacking Bradley's intensity is perfectly serviceable as a replacement. The auditor is an interesting character and hopefully will return if they do more. There's plenty of nasty gore scenes in the film and enough messed up imagery to at least make it come close to the early films. Its no masterpiece but if you've stuck it through the previous entries its definitely a pleasant surprise.

Victor Crowley.

Did you like the previous entries in Adam Green's Hatchet Series?

If the answer is yes then this ones well worth watching. Essentially more of the same. A group of people find themselves trapped in the swamps after a plane crash with a recently revived Victor Crowley out to kill them. There's plenty of humour, some incredibly nasty deaths and plenty of fan service for slasher fans. Plus its well paced enough to not get boring.
Old 8th February 2018, 07:24 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I enjoyed all 3 Hatchet films, so I’m sure I’ll like this one when I eventually check it out
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th February 2018, 08:13 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I enjoyed all 3 Hatchet films, so I’m sure I’ll like this one when I eventually check it out
I thought the first was excellent, the second was rubbish and haven't bothered with the third.
Rik and keirarts like this.
Old 8th February 2018, 08:22 AM
Cult Veteran

I've tried to erase all memory of reading the dreadful Scarlet Gospels but was The Auditor a character featured in that book? It kind of rings a bell.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 8th February 2018, 08:26 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've tried to erase all memory of reading the dreadful Scarlet Gospels but was The Auditor a character featured in that book? It kind of rings a bell.
still to this day and don't think Baker wrote this book(well maybe the first few chapters) but it felt like fan fiction.

i was pretty sure it was supposed to be a lot bigger book/grander story.
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 8th February 2018, 08:27 AM
Cult Master

cloverfield-paradox-image.jpg

A little surprise announcement during Sunday nights Super bowl that this would be on Netflix straight away had me a little excited . There were rumors of a trailer but nothing solid and certainly nothing like Netflix having it right away . The possibility of giant monsters is always exciting but that excitement was short live lets discover why.

It's a simple answer there are not monsters just a bunch of people stuck in space acting stupid. This is a rip off of so many films its not even funny we have The Thing Alien Armageddon Event Horizon even elements of the recent cheesiest cheese fest geostorm. When they try to be smart it just comes off confusing like they didn't even know what they were trying to do "lets throw in some sciencey type talk to make them think this is a real deep sci fi film"

There was no need to make this it was pointless it there are so many unintentional comedy moments one scene a crew member loses their arm and the reaction is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen.

Can't recommend this one at least it was free on Netflix but the rumor now is that a Coloverfield film is to be announced soon doesn't get me excited one bit after this.
Old 8th February 2018, 08:37 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post

Not that I can remember and like Treb, I don’t think Barker wrote it, it was such a massive let down after waiting so long for it!
There’s a new Hellraiser book out at the end of the month that is supposed to be set in between The Hellbound Heart and The Scarlet Gospels, it’s not written by Barker so I’m gonna wait until it’s cheap before I take a punt on it
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th February 2018, 09:31 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Not that I can remember and like Treb, I don’t think Barker wrote it, it was such a massive let down after waiting so long for it!
There’s a new Hellraiser book out at the end of the month that is supposed to be set in between The Hellbound Heart and The Scarlet Gospels, it’s not written by Barker so I’m gonna wait until it’s cheap before I take a punt on it
Thanks Both!

It's a shame about that book because it does get off to a good start but once the cast reaches the depths of hell it got so boring, it's not often that I can't wait for a book to end but that was one of them
Rik, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!