Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th June 2010, 05:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist

the green keeper! cheapo,less than a pint but not as good! dont bother as it is s##t!!!
sorry if anyone on here likes/enjoyed it. apoligiz.
Old 30th June 2010, 08:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

SS Experiment Love Camp
Oh dear, I feel I've sunk to a new low watching this pile of poo. Highlight was the hilarious cremation scenes which, along with the affects of migraine medication, nearly gave me a heart attack laughing.
Old 30th June 2010, 09:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbv View Post
SS Experiment Love Camp
Oh dear, I feel I've sunk to a new low watching this pile of poo. Highlight was the hilarious cremation scenes which, along with the affects of migraine medication, nearly gave me a heart attack laughing.
Oh my God MBV! I had totally forgotten about those cremation scenes! What on earth were they thinking??? I will be chuckling trying to get to sleep tonight now.
Old 30th June 2010, 09:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Oh my God MBV! I had totally forgotten about those cremation scenes! What on earth were they thinking??? I will be chuckling trying to get to sleep tonight now.
They are bad alright...remember the girl 'freezing' in the tub? That was another outrageously bad FX.
This was obviously banned to protect people from dying laughing
Old 30th June 2010, 09:53 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've finally finished my Jerry Lewis box set which largely consisted of fairly mediocre comedies, the best of which (by quite some distance) was The Nutty Professor the day finished with the rather lousy The Family Jewels which seem to be an ego project for Lewis as he not only plays an extremely wealthy young girl's kindly chauffeur, but all of her ghastly uncles who tend to want to adopt her for the cash.

Wanting to get a horror film watched before doing some reading and settling down for the night, I stuck on Them (ils), one of the better of the European new wave of horror. No matter how many times I see it, it is still an extremely intense and involving movie.
Old 30th June 2010, 10:14 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

last night i watched the collector - great film,killer is awesome and quite violent too although on the downside only one scene of boobies

the trailer makes it look like a saw rip off, there are parts that will remind you of it ( traps mainly ) but its not

Old 30th June 2010, 10:54 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

just watched the Remake of The Crazies, and although very well made and entertaining, completely missed the point of the original. It's still one of the better horror remakes though....
Old 1st July 2010, 03:54 AM
Ex-member

Default watched movies

watched dead and buried 1981. good movie good twist at the end also extreme prejudice 1987 i love walter hill movies.
Old 1st July 2010, 04:50 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
I've finally finished my Jerry Lewis box set which largely consisted of fairly mediocre comedies, the best of which (by quite some distance) was The Nutty Professor the day finished with the rather lousy The Family Jewels which seem to be an ego project for Lewis as he not only plays an extremely wealthy young girl's kindly chauffeur, but all of her ghastly uncles who tend to want to adopt her for the cash.
And did your boxset also include The Bellboy? For me,it's right up there with The Nutty Professor as one of his best.
Old 1st July 2010, 10:14 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
And did your boxset also include The Bellboy? For me,it's right up there with The Nutty Professor as one of his best.
It did (and still does) and that was one of the better 'mediocre' films as it feels as if you're watching Jerry Lewis the actor and not Jerry Lewis the producer/director. If you're interested, it is this set which is quite well priced for something containing 11 films, one of which retails for almost half the price of this set alone!

I watched The Collector on Monday and thought it was okay but nothing special as, unlike the first Saw movie, it really didn't have much internal logic and I spent a lot of time pondering on the logistics of proceedings rather than trying to empathise with the central character. It was extremely nasty but I can't say I'm in a rush to watch it again.

Like this? Share it using the links below!