Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree329Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th July 2011, 02:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I forgot a film called Mr jingles until some one just mentioned it
Now that is a truly bad film and worthy of one of the worst films ever....
Old 5th July 2011, 03:03 PM
Cultist

Default Crap films

May i reffer you guys to CHILDREN OF THE DEAD.......shame on Tom Savini for going near this clunker of a shite fest, .......the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake (am a huge fan of the first 4 and the Beginning installments)........BUTCHERED (total wank), ZOMBIE WOMEN OF SATAN (Laughable)......BLOOD NIGHT (even Bill Moseley couldnt save it)., GRAVE OF THE VAMPIRE, KILL BILL, ZOMBIE DIARIES, A-TEAM, all LORD OF THE RINGS and HARRY POTTER films, THE STENDHAL SYNDROME .....thats all i can think of right now for a list of BAD movies.
Old 5th July 2011, 03:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten View Post
May i reffer you guys to CHILDREN OF THE DEAD.......shame on Tom Savini for going near this clunker of a shite fest, .......the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake (am a huge fan of the first 4 and the Beginning installments)........BUTCHERED (total wank), ZOMBIE WOMEN OF SATAN (Laughable)......BLOOD NIGHT (even Bill Moseley couldnt save it)., GRAVE OF THE VAMPIRE, KILL BILL, ZOMBIE DIARIES, A-TEAM, all LORD OF THE RINGS and HARRY POTTER films, THE STENDHAL SYNDROME .....thats all i can think of right now for a list of BAD movies.
lord of the rings tut tut tut peter jackson at his best i think u need to give u head a shake have you lost all your senses
Old 5th July 2011, 04:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Exclamation

Quote:
That green text really ****s my eyes up!

Shame on you for that green text and shame on you for putting LOTR and Kill Bill in this thread! Both are amazing, The world wouldn't be the same without them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
lord of the rings tut tut tut peter jackson at his best i think u need to give u head a shake have you lost all your senses
Gag, LOTR is definitely not Jackson's best. The high point of his career so far yes, but Bad Taste will always be his best...Closely followed by his excellent remake of King Kong.
Old 5th July 2011, 04:56 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I thought the King Kong remake was abysmal.

Braindead is my favourite from Jackson so far.
oaxaca likes this.
Old 5th July 2011, 04:56 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post
That green text really ****s my eyes up!

Shame on you for green text and shame on you for putting LOTR and Kill Bill in this thread! Both are amazing, The world wouldn't be the same without them.

Gag, LOTR is definitely not Jackson's best. The high point of his career so far yes, but Bad Taste will always be his best...Closely followed by his excellent remake of King Kong.
I hated his remake of King Kong, but it is still a very well made movie with probably the best use of motion capture technology so far.

In terms of screenwriting, pure filmmaking skill and acting The Lord of the Rings trilogy is Jackson's best work. I love Bad Taste and it certainly has its charms, but it isn't in the same league as LOTR.

I personally think the Kill Bill films are overindulgent and, in the case of the second volume, terribly paced and baggy, but they are nowhere near 'the worst films of all time'.

Addendum: I'm not keen on the green font either!
Old 5th July 2011, 08:51 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
"Grave of the Vampire" is excellent.
Old 5th July 2011, 09:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I think BRAINDEAD is his masterpiece and no amount of CGI-filled fantasy tomfoolery will change that

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 5th July 2011, 09:56 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Heavenly Creatures remains his masterpiece for me and I think I like The Frighteners most next.

As much as I dislike Kill Bill (and I really, really do dislike Kill Bill!) I don't think it's an all-time turkey of the level we mean in this thread. But I could possibly see how someone might hate it even more than me! I'm probably a bit soft on it because of Daryl Hannah!

I couldn't sit through all of the remake of TCM, which says plenty, but a remake that really got my goat is the Dawn Of The Dead remake. Hated it. Technically well made, but everything about it jarred with me. A horrible experience. It would make my all-time worst list, though I recognise the proficiency behind it.
Old 5th July 2011, 10:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

open water

My DVD Collection
Tumblr

Like this? Share it using the links below!